Covid on Iona

Cathygh

In which case it's a brave person indeed who hops on a cruise ship in the current climate.

When I read the P&O would effectively hoik you off the ship and wash their hands of you if demonstrate COVID symptoms I though that was bad enough from a hassle perspective. If you can't get  insurance cover for this eventuality, then forget it.

Yes I did misunderstand - all perfectly clear now sadly…

24 minutes ago, funinhounslow said:

In which case it's a brave person indeed who hops on a cruise ship in the current climate.

When I read the P&O would effectively hoik you off the ship and wash their hands of you if demonstrate COVID symptoms I though that was bad enough from a hassle perspective. If you can't get  insurance cover for this eventuality, then forget it.

Yes I did misunderstand - all perfectly clear now sadly…

Unfortunately many of us booked a few weeks ago after reading that P&O had quarantine cabins on board for those who tested positive however P&O forgot to mention that they would offload you at the first available port.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JustOxford said:

MegaBear2 have you had any further luck finding cover anywhere as you have seen from my previous post we have tried. We really want to book on Canary Cruise 31October.

I'm afraid not.  I'm waiting on a reply from the Executive Office of P&O and also a call back from Holiday Extras.  

5 hours ago, Rebjon said:

Unfortunately many of us booked a few weeks ago after reading that P&O had quarantine cabins on board for those who tested positive however P&O forgot to mention that they would offload you at the first available port.

Do we know for certain that they will offload everyone who tests positive at the first port along with their partners/travel companions?

If so, besides this guy at Cadìz how many others have tested positive and been removed?

9 minutes ago, Son of Bare said:

Do we know for certain that they will offload everyone who tests positive at the first port along with their partners/travel companions?

If so, besides this guy at Cadìz how many others have tested positive and been removed?

There are reports that 2 other couples were removed at the same time. Also 12 people removed from a Marella crusie a coup,eof weeks ago.

My T/A was advised 6 in Cadiz, three couples.  Bobmom stated on Wednesday 9 offloaded from Marella repositioning and apparently 6 from Frd Olsen in Madeira.  We have no idea of what happened to those from Iona as P&O shut down the chat and Facebook pretty quickly. I asked my T/A if she had any news on the Cadiz 6 on Thursday and she said it had all gone quiet.  

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

My T/A was advised 6 in Cadiz, three couples.  Bobmom stated on Wednesday 9 offloaded from Marella repositioning and apparently 6 from Frd Olsen in Madeira.  We have no idea of what happened to those from Iona as P&O shut down the chat and Facebook pretty quickly. I asked my T/A if she had any news on the Cadiz 6 on Thursday and she said it had all gone quiet.  

OK, thanks.

3 hours ago, Son of Bare said:

10 off loaded in Rhodes - sorry, not sure  of the cruise line.

I think that if in doubt,  cruise lines will disembark passengers,  as they do not have the facilities if passengers become seriously ill. 

All this talk of "quarantine cabins "  is just nonsense.  They will never be used, unless on a cruise with many consecutive sea days. .

6 hours ago, wowzz said:

I think that if in doubt,  cruise lines will disembark passengers,  as they do not have the facilities if passengers become seriously ill. 

All this talk of "quarantine cabins "  is just nonsense.  They will never be used, unless on a cruise with many consecutive sea days. .

Quarantine cabins will still be used whilst the ship gets to the next port won't they?

And also employees on the ship who catch Covid and close contacts of theirs are being placed in quarantine on the ships based on reports I've read

Don't know if they use the same quarantine cabins or not ?

Edited by Interestedcruisefan

7 hours ago, wowzz said:

Seabourn

3 hours ago, galeforce9 said:

Seabourn

This is their policy:

On Board:

FCC worth 100% of the per-day cruise fare for the missed days and a refundable credit to their onboard account for missed pre-paid onboard experiences and shore excursions purchased through cruise line, and for the refundable portion of taxes, fees, and port expenses for ports visited after disembarkation.

Onboard COVID-related medical center visits and testing of suspected COVID-19 cases will be free of charge.

Shoreside:

Reimbursement of expenses for COVID-related medical care including during any medically required shoreside quarantine period for guests and their immediate travel party if any such guest(s) test positive for COVID-19 during their cruise. This includes air change fees in the case onward travel plans need to change.

Any shoreside meals will be covered by a per-diem meal allowance as communicated by the family assistance coordinator upon disembarkation (no receipt retention is required).

Dedicated Family Assistance Program liaison for care and logistical shoreside support until medically cleared to travel home.

Assistance opening COVID-related insurance claims (for those who are eligible under their insurance policies or travel protection plans)

This program is not intended to replace insurance or travel protection there are many non-COVID related reasons for travel protection plans.

Insurance may allow for refunds in some cases otherwise covered by FCC only.

Insurance coverage is subject to the applicable policy.

General:

Guests with insurance will be reimbursed for reasonable expenses, as defined below, incurred but not covered by their insurance meaning that the guest must file a claim with their primary insurer, and submit any excluded or uncovered expense.

This program shall not be applicable to a guest or any member(s) of their immediate travel party if such individual makes any false statements to the cruise line as to such individual’s COVID-19 vaccination status. The cruise line reserves the right to revoke any of the goodwill benefits provided in this program in the event of discovery of such false statements.

This program is not intended to provide long-term care for issues arising from COVID-19 and there will be no reimbursement of any expenses incurred after guest is medically cleared to travel home.

Unquote 

A bit wordy and confusing, but I think everyone will be covered due to "medically required shoreside quarantine period for guests and their immediate travel party if any such guest(s) test positive for COVID-19 during their cruise. This includes air change fees in the case onward travel plans need to change."

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

This is their policy:

On Board:

FCC worth 100% of the per-day cruise fare for the missed days and a refundable credit to their onboard account for missed pre-paid onboard experiences and shore excursions purchased through cruise line, and for the refundable portion of taxes, fees, and port expenses for ports visited after disembarkation.

Onboard COVID-related medical center visits and testing of suspected COVID-19 cases will be free of charge.

Shoreside:

Reimbursement of expenses for COVID-related medical care including during any medically required shoreside quarantine period for guests and their immediate travel party if any such guest(s) test positive for COVID-19 during their cruise. This includes air change fees in the case onward travel plans need to change.

Any shoreside meals will be covered by a per-diem meal allowance as communicated by the family assistance coordinator upon disembarkation (no receipt retention is required).

Dedicated Family Assistance Program liaison for care and logistical shoreside support until medically cleared to travel home.

Assistance opening COVID-related insurance claims (for those who are eligible under their insurance policies or travel protection plans)

This program is not intended to replace insurance or travel protection there are many non-COVID related reasons for travel protection plans.

Insurance may allow for refunds in some cases otherwise covered by FCC only.

Insurance coverage is subject to the applicable policy.

General:

Guests with insurance will be reimbursed for reasonable expenses, as defined below, incurred but not covered by their insurance meaning that the guest must file a claim with their primary insurer, and submit any excluded or uncovered expense.

This program shall not be applicable to a guest or any member(s) of their immediate travel party if such individual makes any false statements to the cruise line as to such individual’s COVID-19 vaccination status. The cruise line reserves the right to revoke any of the goodwill benefits provided in this program in the event of discovery of such false statements.

This program is not intended to provide long-term care for issues arising from COVID-19 and there will be no reimbursement of any expenses incurred after guest is medically cleared to travel home.

Unquote 

A bit wordy and confusing, but I think everyone will be covered due to "medically required shoreside quarantine period for guests and their immediate travel party if any such guest(s) test positive for COVID-19 during their cruise. This includes air change fees in the case onward travel plans need to change."

Seabourn seem to be dealing with a bad situation as well as they can from reading their forum on here.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Seabourn seem to be dealing with a bad situation as well as they can from reading their forum on here.

Yes, actually a totally fascinating picture being painted by people actually quarantined.  Well worth a read if you've got 10 minutes!  

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2805632-covid-on-ovation-at-the-moment/page/4/

What I do find interesting is that Seabourn seemed totally happy for the guy in quarantine to post to the outside world, unlike some of the other lines. If all the cruise lines allowed this openness it would stop the worry and speculation as to what may happen to us.

Very sorry to hear some ended up hospitalised, I hope they make full recoveries and get home soon.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Angel57 said:

5 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Yes, actually a totally fascinating picture being painted by people actually quarantined.  Well worth a read if you've got 10 minutes!  

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2805632-covid-on-ovation-at-the-moment/page/4/

What I do find interesting is that Seabourn seemed totally happy for the guy in quarantine to post to the outside world, unlike some of the other lines. If all the cruise lines allowed this openness it would stop the worry and speculation as to what may happen to us.

Very sorry to hear some ended up hospitalised, I hope they make full recoveries and get home soon.

Yes, I have read it and very interesting and informative but it looks like that thread has now been locked. Be good if P&O could copy Seabourn’s example especially as all part of Carnival.

Megabear2 it seems Seabourn have filled this loop hole nicely to cover the off load pax who has not had a confirmed PCR or LFT but asked to leave because her partner has. Wish P & O would follow suit, still unsure whether to book Canary Cruise 31 October as we like to have good insurance cover to cover known risks. Thanks everyone for the info, if you hear any good new from P & O or Holiday Extras or alternative insurers please post asap so we can book.

Interestingly there's a brief reference in these posts about his friends being offloaded from a HAL ship and being looked after by them.  Also I noted that it appears two UK guests are involved having arrived after testing clear but being positive not long afterwards.

I have two thoughts on what may be happening.  The Seabourn guests are mainly from the US (and assumedly so were the HAL ones), the cases on P&O, Marella and Fred are going to be British.  Could it be different insurance policies with different laws are conflicting with the way various lines are handling this offloading, or even different consumer rights/laws?

The only one not fitting this international passenger position at present is Cunard, but as they are currently sailing within Europe only they could fall into that "slot" at present.

I will await my reply from the EO before putting this idea to them

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Interestingly there's a brief reference in these posts about his friends being offloaded from a HAL ship and being looked after by them.  Also I noted that it appears two UK guests are involved having arrived after testing clear but being positive not long afterwards.

I have two thoughts on what may be happening.  The Seabourn guests are mainly from the US (and assumedly so were the HAL ones), the cases on P&O, Marella and Fred are going to be British.  Could it be different insurance policies with different laws are conflicting with the way various lines are handling this offloading, or even different consumer rights/laws?

The only one not fitting this international passenger position at present is Cunard, but as they are currently sailing within Europe only they could fall into that "slot" at present.

I will await my reply from the EO before putting this idea to them

Maybe because in the USA the company can get sued for almost anything, apart from the bad publicity they could end up paying hundreds of millions of dollars. the shareholders don't like that.

21 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Yes, I have read it and very interesting and informative but it looks like that thread has now been locked. Be good if P&O could copy Seabourn’s example especially as all part of Carnival.

It is locked Angel. I've just been reading them.

Avril

• Like 1