Crown and Anchor frustration

In 2014, Crown and Anchor somehow merged our son's account with ours. (He had traveled with us before the age of 18, but this was long after that). After much confusion and multiple calls, it was supposedly sorted, and he got an email with a new C&A number.

Fast forward nearly 7 years, and I am now booking a family cruise and try to add his number. It comes up as mine. Called C&A, and it will take at least two weeks to unravel this - AGAIN - and we have to call back to find out if they have sorted it out (and wait on hold another 45 minutes) since they won't send us an email stating that they are working on it OR that they have fixed it.

Seriously? No one can send an email stating our numbers, cruise points and status when they (hopefully) fix this?

Sigh. Thanks for letting me vent. I guess getting annoyed at RCL IT is part of getting back to normal.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cruisin from florida said:

In 2014, Crown and Anchor somehow merged our son's account with ours. (He had traveled with us before the age of 18, but this was long after that). After much confusion and multiple calls, it was supposedly sorted, and he got an email with a new C&A number.

Fast forward nearly 7 years, and I am now booking a family cruise and try to add his number. It comes up as mine. Called C&A, and it will take at least two weeks to unravel this - AGAIN - and we have to call back to find out if they have sorted it out (and wait on hold another 45 minutes) since they won't send us an email stating that they are working on it OR that they have fixed it.

Seriously? No one can send an email stating our numbers, cruise points and status when they (hopefully) fix this?

Sigh. Thanks for letting me vent. I guess getting annoyed at RCL IT is part of getting back to normal.

Sorry.  Why don't each of you just sign into your account on Royal's website and see what it shows.   Do it once a week until it looks correct.  If necessary then call again. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

RCI doesn't do email very well, if at all.

Not what we have experienced. Emailed the CEO office on a recurring IT issue and received a return email from one of his assistants within an hour. We traded emails over the next two days as she kept checking with me to make sure the glitch was fixed. After everything was sorted out she even wished me a happy birthday. (Which was in about five days from the day the problem was solved.)

• Like 1

Just now, orville99 said:

Not what we have experienced.

Given all the reporting here, you are the exception. Email requests to the general address rarely get answered in a timely manner - going directly to the CEO or social media seems to work slightly better.

11 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Given all the reporting here, you are the exception. Email requests to the general address rarely get answered in a timely manner - going directly to the CEO or social media seems to work slightly better.

Statistically people are 20 times more likely to report a negative experience than a positive one. Also, the way one crafts any communication -tone, pace, detail, suggestions on positive outcomes, etc. - can elicit a positive, negative or no response. I’ve seen some of the emails that have been sent to RCL (from people who are dense enough to post them here) and quite frankly if I were still in the executive suite I would ignore them as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, orville99 said:

Statistically people are 20 times more likely to report a negative experience than a positive one. Also, the way one crafts any communication -tone, pace, detail, suggestions on positive outcomes, etc. - can elicit a positive, negative or no response. I’ve seen some of the emails that have been sent to RCL (from people who are dense enough to post them here) and quite frankly if I were still in the executive suite I would ignore them as well.

I agree. I sent an email to mbayley and received a response from someone in about 2 days explaining what was happening and how the issue, refund, was being handled.  I thanked him. We continue to email as i await the refund of the last bit of money.  I have taken a polite, positive approach and think that is more likely to work than an angry confrontational approach.   Before emailing ta had called,  as had I.  Email worked better.

• Like 1

I know how to diplomatically escalate issues. I'm just frustrated that it is necessary, when there are straight forward and simple things that the customer service folks could do to avoid the need to do so. Ditto for the infamous RCL IT team.

We'll wait the two weeks and do what we can online to verify that the issue has been resolved. I'm just not terribly hopeful. 

1 hour ago, cruisin from florida said:

Seriously? No one can send an email stating our numbers, cruise points and status

All this takes is a call to the C&A desk. Whenever we call I give them my name, my C&A number and the first thing they respond with is my status and points. 

5 minutes ago, davekathy said:

C&A phone number...1-800-526-9723. 

That's who told us it would take two weeks to fix. It would be nice to avoid the time on hold, but I will call them in 2 weeks, and wait on hold, and hope that everything is fixed.

Edited by cruisin from florida
Addition

10 minutes ago, cruisin from florida said:

That's who told us it would take two weeks to fix. It would be nice to avoid the time on hold, but I will call them in 2 weeks, and wait on hold, and hope that everything is fixed.

Bummer. I understand your frustration and agree that there are some CS reps no matter the business lately seem less qualified to do their job than us requesting something be fixed/changed or a simple explanation. A lot are providing excellent lip service. But sometimes and hopefully in your situation, persistence pays off. 

My TA indicated that my daughter’s name in her C&A profile is wrong.  Her legal name is Kathryn but her profile shows her nickname Katie.  Although the TA fixed it on our next cruise, she said we need to get her profile fixed to stop it from happening in the future.  I have sent an email to C&A 3 times now with no response.  Is this something I can fix myself on line?

7 hours ago, Biker19 said:

RCI doesn't do email very well, if at all.

That has not been my experience with C&A at all. In fact, I have found email to be extremely satisfactory any time that I have used it to take care of various issues.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/9/2021 at 1:03 PM, cruisin from florida said:

I have never waited on hold more than 5 minutes.

• Haha 1