Ollie Smith's videos today

bbtablet

Am I the only customer who is irritated by the fact that in his videos Olly says "it's so easy and straight forward", and yet nowhere is there even an acknowledgement of the fact that some, probably mainly elderly, passengers are certain not to own a smart phone?

People without smart phones are clearly not catered for and appear to be "blanked" as a nuisance by P&O and also often the Government. This must be causing unecessary alarm and puzzlement for some.

Why is there not a clear and obvious paragraph on all the P&O and relevant Government pages that describe the use of smart mobile phones before, on board and afterwards entitled "Don't have a smart phone?" which then addresses the situation in plain English. This should also have been covered in the Olly videos.

All parties also do not seem to understand that some elderly folk have a mobile phone but it is not a smart phone - I wonder how these passengers will be getting on when they realise the difference?

• Like 3

I can't complain about them giving information, however they choose to do it.  I've spent months complaining about of a lack of it so kudos to them for sending me something even if I did receive it three times with one being for a cruise sailing on December 30th 2022!

I find the videos engaging and a convenient way of giving the information so well done P&O for doing something to add to clarity.

I do however agree with then OP that those without a smart phone appear to be largely ignored unless of course there is a printed pack for those guests? No one on here would know about it as by using this site we obviously have some access to online information so won’t have made a request for this.

I must try the wine Olly mentions at some time in the future 

No problem with using videos to convey information but it must be accurate and comprehensive. I found this vid confusing because it was aimed at no fly cruisers ( although it didn't make that clear) as there was no mention of having to take a PCR test at a approved testing site three days before flying.

P&O are looking to reassure potential customers that all is simple and easy but actually it is anything but. For example, nothing on the vid about some Caribbean islands refusing to allow passengers off the ship unless they are booked on a ships excursion ie Barbados and St Kitts...you have to trawl through the P&O web site to discover this stuff.

15 minutes ago, Scribbler11 said:

No problem with using videos to convey information but it must be accurate and comprehensive. I found this vid confusing because it was aimed at no fly cruisers ( although it didn't make that clear) as there was no mention of having to take a PCR test at a approved testing site three days before flying.

P&O are looking to reassure potential customers that all is simple and easy but actually it is anything but. For example, nothing on the vid about some Caribbean islands refusing to allow passengers off the ship unless they are booked on a ships excursion ie Barbados and St Kitts...you have to trawl through the P&O web site to discover this stuff.

so...the "Visiitng the  Caribbean" video didn't mention this then........

Edited by Castle25

1 hour ago, Scribbler11 said:

You seem to have only watched one of the videos