Capt Kate to helm Celebrity Beyond

DevilinaBluDress

39 minutes ago, mistertheg said:

celebrity's the one trotting her out as the second coming which naturally makes people consider her qualifications. she has experience on the edge class but why did she get assigned to it three years ago  with limited experience in the first place? i think it's obvious.  i wonder if she knows what the crew thinks of her and her ugly cat???

Kate does a pretty good job of promoting herself and Celebrity.  She has 308,000 followers on…

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Show the public (you?) that she is best for the job?  Let's try to do that here   I think you do know about Captain Kate McCue's qualifications.  Regardless of gender she has been captain of one of the two existing E-Class ships.  The only other one with E-Class direct experience is Captain Dimitrios Kafetzis of APEX.   So either would be an obvious choice for BEYOND.  Since APEX just started sailing this year, it would be unusual for Captain Kafetzis to be reassigned so soon.  Captain McCue was chosen based on her direct experience and track record on other ships and particularly on EDGE.  I see that as a foundational fact and not even disputable here.    By the way the Celebrity Press Releases are marketing and investor purposed- you probably understand that based on your corporate experience.  So who cares about their press releases?  I doubt that Captain McCue has any real say in them.  

Captain Costas was the first with Edge Class experience and whenever a new class comes out no one has experience on it.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Oville said:

Kate does a pretty good job of promoting herself and Celebrity.  She has 308,000 followers on…

That's part of her job -- and, she's very smart to do it. She " sells " the Celebrity brand.

Just look at all the attention this thread is getting-- really over a simple announcement of who the Captain of the Beyond will be.   It's " Beyond " believable ( LOL ).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mistertheg said:

celebrity's the one trotting her out as the second coming which naturally makes people consider her qualifications. she has experience on the edge class but why did she get assigned to it three years ago  with limited experience in the first place? i think it's obvious.  i wonder if she knows what the crew thinks of her and her ugly cat???

I must have missed the “second coming trotting “. May you please share that article 

3 hours ago, mistertheg said:

Wow, it's not enough to post your silly rant about Kate, but now you attack her cat too? Have you no shame??? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pinboy said:

That's part of her job -- and, she's very smart to do it. She " sells " the Celebrity brand.

Just look at all the attention this thread is getting-- really over a simple announcement of who the Captain of the Beyond will be.   It's " Beyond " believable ( LOL ).

And on her social media site 55,000 have viewed her Beyond post.😄

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

All these talented women captains of ocean going vessels are too few in this 21st century. A couple of hundred years ago the only known female captains of ships were pirates plying the world's oceans for bounty. Today these gals got their positions without having to cut anyone's throat....yet

What’s your point, “gals” today might become cutthroat?😉  Agree with you, there are too few for our time.

Edited by Oville