New to Celebrity - Classic drink package questions

Froufie

Trying to 'educate' myself on Celebrity options as this would be my first time on this line (Reflection).

1) In regard to the Classic drink package that would be included in my booking - I did find this information outlining the choices - however it does not say what the maximum # of drinks are and if the non-alcoholic inclusions would count at part of the daily total?

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/05_07_SP_Beverage-Package-Flyer_051721.pdf

2) If I were to ask for a gin and tonic for example - do I have to tell them I have the 'classic' package?  or what brand gin I want?  Or do they ask me what brand? How does this work?

3) I understand the total $$ per cocktail is $9 - I am looking at the martini bar menu where all martinis seem to be $10?  so I assume there would be the extra $1 upcharge if I chose to indulge in one of those?

4) Also what is defined as 'non premium' water and premium coffees/teas?  How will I know what to ask for and if it's included or not? (e.g. may i please have a couple bottles of non premium water?  LOL 🙂 )...and again wondering if these are limited as part of the drink package quantity.

Any guidance greatly appreciated!

Edited by Froufie

Just now, Froufie said:

Trying to 'educate' myself on Celebrity options as this would be my first time on this line (Reflection).

1) In regard to the Classic drink package that would be included in my booking - I did find this information outlining the choices - however it does not say what the maximum # of drinks are and if the non-alcoholic inclusions would count at part of the daily total?

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/05_07_SP_Beverage-Package-Flyer_051721.pdf

2) If I were to ask for a gin and tonic for example - do I have to tell them I have the 'classic' package?  or what brand gin I want?  Or do they ask me what brand? How does this work?

3) Also what is defined as 'non premium' water and premium coffees/teas?  How will I know what to ask for and if it's included or not? (e.g. may i please have a couple bottles of non premium water?  LOL 🙂 )

They will make your drink based on the CBP choices. If you want/request anything over what the  CBP covers you will pay the difference plus 20% gratuity. 

You will get whatever is covered under the CBP unless you specifically request something different. Again, you will pay the differences plus 20% gratuity.  

There are no maximum number of drinks when using a package.  

The bartenders may ask if you have a package but when you hand them your seapass card they will see what type of package you have.  If you  are ordering something not included in the classic package the bartender will tell you, and ask if you want to go over the limit and pay the difference.

Premium coffees are lattes, cappuccinos and so forth.  The premium teas are Tea Forte.  Again, these items are in the classic package.  Some of the specialty coffees at Cafe al Bacio which include alcohol may go over your classic price limit.  We always have the premium package so I don't pay attention.

The non-premium water will be the "house" water.  The premium are such brands as Evian and Pellegrino.

One more question - about the mini bar in the cabin?  is that stocked for us?  Can we drink stuff in it - if it is included in our package with no additional charge?  Can we get it 'restocked' as per our preferences? (and if not can we go get a 'canned' drink that is included and store it in the fridge?)  thx

1 minute ago, Froufie said:

One more question - about the mini bar in the cabin?  is that stocked for us?  Can we drink stuff in it - if it is included in our package with no additional charge?  Can we get it 'restocked' as per our preferences? (and if not can we go get a 'canned' drink that is included and store it in the fridge?)  thx

it is not stocked unless you request and you will pay for it...dearly

7 minutes ago, Froufie said:

The BPs do not cover anything in the stateroom mini cooler/bar.  

So sounds like the mini bar is EMPTY upon boarding - is that correct?  All the pics/videos I am seeing seem to have it already stocked!  LOL.

So if it is empty I presume we can get canned soda/water bottles (as part of our classic drink package) and keep them in our fridge?  Is that okay/allowed?

3 minutes ago, Froufie said:

So sounds like the mini bar is EMPTY upon boarding - is that correct?  All the pics/videos I am seeing seem to have it already stocked!  LOL.

So if it is empty I presume we can get canned soda/water bottles (as part of our classic drink package) and keep them in our fridge?  Is that okay/allowed?

In most cases it is stocked. You can ask them to remove the contents so that you can put in items that you brought aboard or acquire elsewhere on the ship.

7 minutes ago, Froufie said:

if you are you in an upper level suite, the answer may be different.  Otherwise it is may be stocked but you will be charged for each beverage that you take out.  

Edited by LGW59

5 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

In most cases it is stocked. You can ask them to remove the contents so that you can put in items that you brought aboard or acquire elsewhere on the ship.

This sounds BEST to me LOL (I have done that previously on other cruiselines) - prefer it empty so I can use it as I wish (and need to bring some non-dairy creamer on board with me so will keep that in the fridge as well).

Once emptied presume I can add the classic package sodas/water as previously mentioned and would not be 'charged' for anything! 🙂

Thanks to everyone for their input!

10 minutes ago, Froufie said:

This sounds BEST to me LOL (I have done that previously on other cruiselines) - prefer it empty so I can use it as I wish (and need to bring some non-dairy creamer on board with me so will keep that in the fridge as well).

Once emptied presume I can add the classic package sodas/water as previously mentioned and would not be 'charged' for anything! 🙂

Thanks to everyone for their input!

Yup, we tend to bring bottles of water or soda each time we head to the cabin for the first couple of days to stock up. And no, no charge. We leave room, of course, for the two bottles of wine that we bring aboard.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Yup, we tend to bring bottles of water or soda each time we head to the cabin for the first couple of days to stock up. And no, no charge. We leave room, of course, for the two bottles of wine that we bring aboard.

Sailing solo on November 12th silhouette and was told 2 bottles of wine were allowed. Have things changed; last cruise September 2019 was only allowed 1 bottle?

50 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

First time on Celebrity—we were  planning to bring bottled water during embarkation to carry during port days.  Is this necessary, or is “free” bottled available somewhere on the ship?  Thanks. 

54 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Sailing solo on November 12th silhouette and was told 2 bottles of wine were allowed. Have things changed; last cruise September 2019 was only allowed 1 bottle?

It's 2 bottles per cabin, not 1 per person, so enjoy yourself:

On embarkation day, guests are permitted to board with up to two (2) sealed 750 ml bottles of wine or champagne per stateroom, provided at least one guest in the stateroom is of drinking age.

16 minutes ago, texanitalian said:

First time on Celebrity—we were  planning to bring bottled water during embarkation to carry during port days.  Is this necessary, or is “free” bottled available somewhere on the ship?  Thanks. 

If you have booked under the Always Included program, have a Classic (or Premium) Beverage Package as a perk, or you've purchased one, then bottled water is included. There are other (non-alcoholic) packages too that include water. Otherwise, you'll pay for it. Personally, I like the taste of the ships'  water and often use a refillable bottle with it for excursions.

One used to be able to bring on cases of bottled water, but there was some recent indication that with Celebrity's move away from plastic water bottles to aluminum cans, this would no longer be allowed. I don't know if this has been resolved. Perhaps someone with more current information can comment.

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

Policy as per Celebrity website:

Guests wishing to bring personal wine onboard with them at the beginning of the cruise may do so, limited to two (2) bottles per stateroom, but when consumed in any shipboard restaurant, bar, or dining venue, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.00.

22 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

If you have booked under the Always Included program, have a Classic (or Premium) Beverage Package as a perk, or you've purchased one, then bottled water is included. There are other (non-alcoholic) packages too that include water. Otherwise, you'll pay for it. Personally, I like the taste of the ships'  water and often use a refillable bottle with it for excursions.

One used to be able to bring on cases of bottled water, but there was some recent indication that with Celebrity's move away from plastic water bottles to aluminum cans, this would no longer be allowed. I don't know if this has been resolved. Perhaps someone with more current information can comment.

We did purchase the classic beverage package.  Is the bottled water 16 oz and available at all bars to bring back to your cabin?

41 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

It's 2 bottles per cabin, not 1 per person, so enjoy yourself:

On embarkation day, guests are permitted to board with up to two (2) sealed 750 ml bottles of wine or champagne per stateroom, provided at least one guest in the stateroom is of drinking age.

@Fouremco guess i can share one with the table as getting a bottle included by my CVP plus upgrading to the PBP. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, texanitalian said:

We did purchase the classic beverage package.  Is the bottled water 16 oz and available at all bars to bring back to your cabin?

Available at all bars, but I don't know the size now that they've switched to cans.

5 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

... Some of the specialty coffees at Cafe al Bacio which include alcohol may go over your classic price limit. ...

In case anyone is interested in more details about the above, the following is based on September, 2021, experiences aboard the Equinox ...

The lengthy menu-book at Cafe al Bacio has two pages (non-consecutive) on which the alcoholic coffee-based drinks are listed.  Each drink is fully described (ingredients), and some are pictured in photos.

(1) The first page says, "Coffee Cocktails," at the top -- and "$12" at the bottom.  These are not covered by the Classic package, but are coverd by the Premium package.  There are six cocktails, which can be served cold in glasses.  We thought that the first five were really delicious and refreshing.

(2) The second page says something like, "International Coffees," at the top.  The seven listed alcoholic beverages cost $8 each, so they are covered by the Classic package.  All of them were served hot to us.  We forgot to ask if they could be served cold.  We thought that they were pretty good, but not as delicious as the "Coffee Cocktails."

Have fun!

6 hours ago, Froufie said:

there is no daily limit, although expect them to cut you off if you seem to be extremely intoxicated

just say “I have the classic package and I would like a gin and tonic, what are my options please”. The server will tell you which brands of gin are available to you

3) I understand the total $$ per cocktail is $9 - I am looking at the martini bar menu where all martinis seem to be $10?  so I assume there would be the extra $1 upcharge if I chose to indulge in one of 

actually $1.20 because 20% tip will be tacked on

4) Also what is defined as 'non premium' water and premium coffees/teas?  How will I know what to ask for and if it's included or not? (e.g. may i please have a couple bottles of non premium water?  LOL 🙂 )...and again wondering if these are limited as part of the drink package quantity

No limit.  Again, just tell the server you have the Classic package and he/she will know what to do.

• Like 1

One tip I suggest is that is you enjoy wine, as the steward at dinner or at a bar, which wines are available that are included in the classic package.  If there is one you really liked that they dont have in the dining room, they can sometimes find it in the stores or one of the other bars for the next night's dinner.  Some wines are not listed on menu, or might be listed, but they ran out.  For example, we liked a Tempranillo and a dry french rose that was included in the classic package, on the ship, but not always on a bar or listed on the dining menu as featured.  The steward made sure they were available for our dinner once we mentioned that, but we also tried others.  You might ask to sample a taste of what is open to find a new experience too.  Great service.

Edited by Pizzasteve
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, XLVIII said:

It’s been a while since we had a beverage package. Do you have to sign a receipt every time you order something, or just if you go over your price limit ($9 or $15)?

You will have to sign only if you go over your limit.

• Thanks 1