Cruiselines accepting mixed AZ/mRNA vaccines out of the US

tert333

In light of the changes to the US entry rules on November 8,  I thought it would be good to have a specific topic on cruiselines that are now accepting mixed AZ/mRNA vaccines that sail from the US.

Currently, I do not believe there are any.   I am assuming next week the cruiselines will change their policy, but anything is possible.   I have reached out to my TA, but have not heard anything yet.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

While the border opening isn't until November 8, the CDC has given its blessing on mixed doses. Hopefully the cruise lines will implement the change ASAP and not wait till the 8th.

That would be nice. It’s to their benefit to implement the new protocol sooner rather than later.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Looking into it? I do wish that cruise lines could be a little more proactive and already be prepared to take action. They knew that the CDC was looking at this and that a decision would be coming.

It is very frustrating. From what I've read on social media there are alot of mixed dose Canadians who are ready to book a cruise the moment their cruise line of choice puts the new rules in writing.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, K_e_short said:

It is very frustrating. From what I've read on social media there are alot of mixed dose Canadians who are ready to book a cruise the moment their cruise line of choice puts the new rules in writing.

Or there are those like myself who have a Celebrity cruise booked for Nov 13th who needs to know.  I am from Ontario and arranged 2 weeks ago to fly to Edmonton next week to get a third dose.  I would rather not go but I am concerned Celebrity will not follow the CDC guidance.

• Like 2

I emailed Harry Sommer today regarding the mix of AZ/mRNA being approved by CDC...his response:

Likely yes. Just give us a few days to study this.   We will have a firm answer and update our website in the next week

Harry

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scoobiewife said:
I emailed Harry Sommer today regarding the mix of AZ/mRNA being approved by CDC...his response:

Likely yes. Just give us a few days to study this.   We will have a firm answer and update our website in the next week

Harry

Good to get a response from him so quickly.   The announcement just came out late on Friday.  Will take them a few days next week to process everything.   I am sure the corporate offices at all the cruiselines are working from one disaster to another.  This one is positive to their bottom line, so should not take to long to address. 

The question is who is going to change first.   I am guessing Royal Caribbean!

• Like 3

I’m hoping that the cruise lines will approve the mix of Astra  and MRNA, I booked a Panama Canal cruise for April and taking my adult nephew on his first ever cruise and he has a mix dosage, Would make it so easier if they accepted that.  Mind you we still have lots of time and hopefully by then we will not need all these covid tests.

• Like 1

I have AZ and Pfizer and got a refund for a Royal C cruise that I was going to take in Feb, even though my deposit was NF. I was on hold for several minutes while the agent checked with supervisors, but a refund was offered bc they have not changed their "protocol" on accepting this mixture yet, nor did they have any idea when it would change. She also offered credit or delaying my FP, but I was happy to take the refund, since I am planning other cruises in '22, to places that are higher on my bucket list. Sail on!

• Like 1

We have a Caribbean cruise booked for the end of January and a 21 day Panama Canal transit for next October.  Trying to use up our future cruise credits with Norwegian.  Hubby has a mixed dose.  We're cancelling the January cruise now rather than waiting for mixed doses to be accepted, but not only for that reason.  I'm still concerned about safety in various ports, whether or not there will be more variants or outbreaks that could cancel a port, but especially the lack of excursions that we're interested in.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2021 at 6:40 PM, Fouremco said:

Looking into it? I do wish that cruise lines could be a little more proactive and already be prepared to take action. They knew that the CDC was looking at this and that a decision would be coming.

Gotta run it by the legion of lawyers first. The lawyers are running the show now, thus the mass confusion and mess.

1 minute ago, nbsjcruiser said:

Gotta run it by the legion of lawyers first. The lawyers are running the show now, thus the mass confusion and mess.

LOL. In my day, it would have been run by the lawyers weeks ago.

In any event, I'm happy to see that Celebrity moved quickly on this, a very reassuring sign.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Josie201 said:

I notice it’s still not listed on their faqs.  Let’s hope that follows soon.  

As soon as I see that on their FAQ, I am going to take a screen print, upload my vaccination certificate to the celebrity app for the cruise I have booked for November and start packing my bags!!!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tert333 said:

As soon as I see that on their FAQ, I am going to take a screen print, upload my vaccination certificate to the celebrity app for the cruise I have booked for November and start packing my bags!!!

Go! Go! Go!

So exciting that they are posting this and you can cruise.

Do we have any reason to believe that the cruise lines will not be updating their policies to accept the mixed AZ?  I hate this waiting, we have a final payment due on November 15th on the Oasis of the Seas.  One would think that now that the CDC is accepting the mix as vaccinated for land crossing that they would have to??

5 minutes ago, nickiford said:

Do we have any reason to believe that the cruise lines will not be updating their policies to accept the mixed AZ?  I hate this waiting, we have a final payment due on November 15th on the Oasis of the Seas.  One would think that now that the CDC is accepting the mix as vaccinated for land crossing that they would have to??

You would think so, but this whole thing has been such an odyssey, who knows.