Perfect Day on CocoCay

cruz040864

46 minutes ago, brillohead said:

I've never done South Beach -- not sure if it has the rocks on the side (had been closed for construction the past couple years).  

Chill and Breezy both have rocks on the sides -- that's where you'll see any fish, in the protection of the boulders.

I've never bothered with a locker.  I don't take anything more valuable than my phone for taking photos and a couple small bills for tips, and I just put that in my bag and leave it on my chair with my towel and sunscreen.

Thanks.  I'd need a locker for my DSLR and other goodies.  Anybody?  Where are the lockers?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2021 at 3:30 PM, SueB3997 said:

My husband and I are on the Mariner on Nov 30th.  Our trip includes a day at Cococay.  It will be our first time at Perfect Day.  My husband uses a scooter and we are trying to get information to help us decide how to plan for the day.  He cannot walk through sand and he cannot tolerate too much sun.  I understand there is a tram that can take us to the different areas, but once we get there (where ever there happens to be) will there be easily accessible lounge chairs with umbrellas available or do we need a cabana/beach bed.  Also which area would provide the easiest access to bathrooms, eating venues and swimming?  Are the beach chairs the kind that can go into the water, or should we just plan on using the pool to cool off?  Any insights or tips on Cococay would be very helpful.

If the price is right the Beach Club would be my pick- they have plenty of shady areas to relax- easy access to the pool and restrooms. The food is included in the price and it is delicious- plus if you would like a snack during the day it's no problem- they had a delicious fruit bowl that hit the spot after an afternoon of swimming. The staff was excellent at the beach club.

I don't remember seeing any beach chairs that can go into the water- they did have loungers build into the pool. 

Hope that is helpful and enjoy your trip! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2021 at 10:12 AM, TLG40 said:

A picture of the Beach Club chairs in the pool - they also have the lounge chairs in the the Oasis Pool - enjoy! 

I know if you are at the Beach Club you do not need to bring your towel from the ship however if you will also be heading to the Oasis Lagoon for the swim up bar, etc. can you take the Beach Club towel with you? Otherwise, I guess we will still need to bring one from the ship?

Hi everyone - I'm cruising in just a few short days, and we are stopping at Cococay, and I was curious about some things, hope someone can answer! I'm fond of the water activities and slides, wife is not. I will most likely get the Thrill Waterpark pass so I can have fun, but the wife just wants to chill out by a beach in the sand, or by a pool. Is she able to get off the boat and go to to the island to relax in the sand and sun without me having to pay for her entry onto the island? I don't mind paying if I have to, I was just curious, and she is asking me. She said she can also stay by the pool on the ship while I go off, but I do want to spend some time with her, even if going together to the beach....Any info is appreciated...thanks!

Edited by Shoof

All the beaches and the huge pool are all free, with the only exception being the Coco Beach Club, which is a very small percentage of the island.  

Cabanas and Beach Beds are available at additional cost, but are entirely unnecessary -- there are loungers and umbrellas available for free all around the island.  Additionally, all food from the Chill Grill, Skipper's Grill, Snack Shack is free (there are a few paid items at the Captain Jack's bar, but they are totally unnecessary). The free items include burgers, BBQ, salads, sandwiches, fries, mozzarella sticks, etc.

If you have a beverage package on the ship, it works on the island as well.  If you don't have a beverage package, the same cold drinks are available at the free dining venues as on the ship -- water, iced tea, lemonade, flavored water (like Crystal Light). 

I've been to Coco Cay several times, never gone thirsty, never gone hungry, and never spent a dime.

• Like 1

Okay, they are supposedly having a Black Friday sale right now... but the Coco Beach Club price is $89. That seems quite high to me, but I have not been to Coco Cay. Is this a true "deal" or just them pretending? How much have others paid for this in the past? Thanks

8 minutes ago, sabri said:

Okay, they are supposedly having a Black Friday sale right now... but the Coco Beach Club price is $89. That seems quite high to me, but I have not been to Coco Cay. Is this a true "deal" or just them pretending? How much have others paid for this in the past? Thanks

When I booked it originally it was $142, then it jumped up to $159, now it's down to $84 on Black Friday sale for my sailing so I'm extremely happy!

4 hours ago, familycruising4ever said:

When I booked it originally it was $142, then it jumped up to $159, now it's down to $84 on Black Friday sale for my sailing so I'm extremely happy!

I am also fine with a price in the $88 range.  Loved the Beach Club last time.  One question though, RCCL is charging tax this time...that raises the price over $21 more for me.  They have never charged tax before on these types of purchases.  Were you charged tax??

2 hours ago, MandyMooToo said:

I am also fine with a price in the $88 range.  Loved the Beach Club last time.  One question though, RCCL is charging tax this time...that raises the price over $21 more for me.  They have never charged tax before on these types of purchases.  Were you charged tax??

I just double checked and I was only charged the $83.99 pp

I had this booked on a Harmony cruise for $99pp that I had to lift & shift to next year. It has been $198pp on the new cruise until it dropped today by 50% so I was able to get it back at the $99. But I was also charged tax, about 12%.

• Like 1

@patcacmtJust saw this posted in another thread (by another poster of course):

The Bahamas starting charging a 12% VAT tax.  So for things we are buying for Coco Cay, they will have that added to the price now.  If you buy food or drinks on Coco Cay, that will get the VAT added to it as well, in addition to the 18% gratuity.   However, if you have the drink package, the VAT doesn't get added because it's a $0 charge.  Clear as mud?  I did a quick web search and came up with that info from various sources.  Oh, and unlike most countries in Europe were you can submit for a refund of that VAT tax, that's not an option in the Bahamas.  

On 10/25/2021 at 3:30 PM, SueB3997 said:

My husband and I are on the Mariner on Nov 30th.  Our trip includes a day at Cococay.  It will be our first time at Perfect Day.  My husband uses a scooter and we are trying to get information to help us decide how to plan for the day.  He cannot walk through sand and he cannot tolerate too much sun.  I understand there is a tram that can take us to the different areas, but once we get there (where ever there happens to be) will there be easily accessible lounge chairs with umbrellas available or do we need a cabana/beach bed.  Also which area would provide the easiest access to bathrooms, eating venues and swimming?  Are the beach chairs the kind that can go into the water, or should we just plan on using the pool to cool off?  Any insights or tips on Cococay would be very helpful.

Check out this YouTube channel https://youtube.com/c/Travelingwithachair

They have several videos about CoCo Cay 

On 11/21/2021 at 8:08 PM, Shoof said:

Hi everyone - I'm cruising in just a few short days, and we are stopping at Cococay, and I was curious about some things, hope someone can answer! I'm fond of the water activities and slides, wife is not. I will most likely get the Thrill Waterpark pass so I can have fun, but the wife just wants to chill out by a beach in the sand, or by a pool. Is she able to get off the boat and go to to the island to relax in the sand and sun without me having to pay for her entry onto the island? I don't mind paying if I have to, I was just curious, and she is asking me. She said she can also stay by the pool on the ship while I go off, but I do want to spend some time with her, even if going together to the beach....Any info is appreciated...thanks!

To get onto the island is free. She is free to lay on the beach or around the Oasis pool.  

• Like 1

On 11/23/2021 at 7:42 AM, sabri said:

When I was on Freedom last week, the on-ship price was $199!  I'm on Symphony this week and didn't even look at what they're charging on board (I think it's sold out anyway for the Holiday cruise).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2022 at 8:04 AM, vacationlover_mn said:

Can anyone confirm if Voom works at

the beach club area of the island?

As far as I can remember the Wi-Fi worked well on the island (we always get the faster internet plan and we were also at the Beach Club last cruise to CocoCay).

• Like 1