Is there a way to see specific suite availability on the SS website?

Catlover54

I don't always use a TA, and like being able to see suite a availability and location real time online.  Several cruise lines offer this ( which, if done well, includes the benefit of facilitating impulse booking by me because it helps me make efficient decisions, complete with deposit, and  sans human interaction which requires struggling with difficult spellings of my name etc. to agents on the phone.

I cannot find such a feature on SS, it always says "request a quote."  I also cannot tell what a solo supplement will be, which ranges from low to 100%.  I don't want someone calling if the only cabin left in a category and price is one I would not consider.  Am I missing a hidden self-pricing and self-booking option? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Catlover54 said:

Am I missing a hidden self-pricing and self-booking option? 

Nope.  You’re not missing anything.  

Highly unlikely a company who can’t even keep their website updated with current information will have any “real time” features soon.  I realize we’ve all been able to look at virtually airline seat map for over two decades now, but consumer facing technology has never captured SS’s interest.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

Highly unlikely a company who can’t even keep their website updated with current information will have any “real time” features soon.  I realize we’ve all been able to look at virtually airline seat map for over two decades now, but consumer facing technology has never captured SS’s interest.

There is a strong rumour that an online booking facility may be offered by SS in the not too distant future.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

There are, but not full inventory.

True.   Generally on line agencies only show four or five available cabins in a category.   I have used one of two of the websites to see what was available.  One time I saw a cabin we wanted so I called my TA and asked her to book it.  She almost immediately sent me an confirmation email.  I  checked the on line agency website again and the cabin was no longer available.  This all happened in the span of 15 minutes so pretty real time.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

I actually like a lot about the SS website ( e.g., it is nice to see what kind of ship excursions will be offered at each port in some detail to help me decide what if anything I might do there), so there is some "consumer facing technology" ( at least way more than on the awful  SB website).      They used to have almost nothing, so there is progress.

• Thanks 1

Just one piece of advice from a mistake i once made.  The thing I wanted to pass on was look at the deck plans and do not select a suite below the pool deck.  Without fail, the SS crew is out there at 6:30 AM moving deck furniture. If you need an alarm clock, you are all set.   

• Thanks 1

When I was considering booking (on 2 different cruises), I called Silversea directly.  I was looking at a deck plan when I called. Both times the person I spoke with told me exactly which cabins were available in the catagory I was considering.  I could see them on the map and choose which I wanted.  They also are knowledgeable about advantages and disadvantages of cabins.  And I did not feel obligated to buy at that time.  They are very helpful.

Sharon

On 10/28/2021 at 8:54 AM, Socky Sunshine said:

When I was considering booking (on 2 different cruises), I called Silversea directly.  I was looking at a deck plan when I called. Both times the person I spoke with told me exactly which cabins were available in the catagory I was considering.  I could see them on the map and choose which I wanted.  They also are knowledgeable about advantages and disadvantages of cabins.  And I did not feel obligated to buy at that time.  They are very helpful.

Sharon

A good TA should have that information and be able to pass it on to you.  My TA (if I’m interested, and only if I’m interested) will put a 7 day hold on thre suite to give me time.  No additional cost if I say no, but great perks if I say yes-that I don’t think I’d get with SS.

Interesting to see the evolution of the available inventory for the December 2, 2021 Silver Moon FLL-LIM. Up to October 30, it was quite stable with approximately 130 suites available. suddenly during this week-end, 50 suites have disappeared from the available inventory. Have they been sold? The loading factor for the cruise went from 57% to 74% in just a couple of days!! Surprising. For similar itinerary on the moon (December 18 LIM-FLL and January 3 FLL-LIM the loading factor remains quite stable at respectively 68% and 86%). Here I am assuming that any suite not available for sale is sold which I know is not true because SS is putting aside some suites in the frame of the covid situation but I have no idea how many. Do other CC members have witnessed the same evolution?