274 night cruise anyone?

yorkshirephil

Royal Caribbean launches 274-night world cruise

The longest-ever world cruise will take place on board Serenade of the Seas in 2023

By Cruise Adviser Last updated Oct 21, 2021

Royal Caribbean International has launched an epic 274-night Ultimate World Cruise on board Serenade of the Seas.

The world cruise will visit all seven continents, stopping at more than 150 destinations in 65 countries and featuring 11 great wonders of the world.

Royal Caribbean claim that the voyage is “the longest and most comprehensive world cruise out there”, sailing roundtrip from Miami on December 10, 2023 and returning on September 10, 2024.

Bookings for the full Ultimate World Cruise can be made by phone from today (October 21), with a one-week window for Royal Caribbean’s Crown & Anchor Society Diamond status members and above.

Cruise highlights include Casablanca, Morocco; Qaqortoq, Greenland; and Shimizu, Japan – the gateway to Mount Fuji.

Guests will see world-famous sights, including Peru’s Machu Picchu and the Taj Mahal in India.

“This is the world cruise of world cruises,” said Michael Bayley, president and CEO, Royal Caribbean International.

He added: “Now more than ever, people have resolved to travel the world and make up for lost time. Royal Caribbean is making that a reality with the ultimate holiday that welcomes those seeking adventure and exploration to taste, dance and dream with us around the world. To travellers asking themselves where they should go next, we say everywhere.”

Which makes me wonder?

What are the chances of surviving 274 days without yourself or a close contact getting a positive Covid test and having to be disembarked somewhere along the way?

Plus do you have to head home halfway round to get your booster jabs?

Or are they part of the package?

Lol

Edited by Interestedcruisefan

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

Royal Caribbean launches 274-night world cruise

The longest-ever world cruise will take place on board Serenade of the Seas in 2023

By Cruise Adviser Last updated Oct 21, 2021

Royal Caribbean International has launched an epic 274-night Ultimate World Cruise on board Serenade of the Seas.

The world cruise will visit all seven continents, stopping at more than 150 destinations in 65 countries and featuring 11 great wonders of the world.

Royal Caribbean claim that the voyage is “the longest and most comprehensive world cruise out there”, sailing roundtrip from Miami on December 10, 2023 and returning on September 10, 2024.

Bookings for the full Ultimate World Cruise can be made by phone from today (October 21), with a one-week window for Royal Caribbean’s Crown & Anchor Society Diamond status members and above.

Cruise highlights include Casablanca, Morocco; Qaqortoq, Greenland; and Shimizu, Japan – the gateway to Mount Fuji.

Guests will see world-famous sights, including Peru’s Machu Picchu and the Taj Mahal in India.

“This is the world cruise of world cruises,” said Michael Bayley, president and CEO, Royal Caribbean International.

He added: “Now more than ever, people have resolved to travel the world and make up for lost time. Royal Caribbean is making that a reality with the ultimate holiday that welcomes those seeking adventure and exploration to taste, dance and dream with us around the world. To travellers asking themselves where they should go next, we say everywhere.”

Had a look at that. Good value at about 90,000 dollars + tips.

34 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I can't think of anything worse.  I think that would get very samey after a while.  The menus would repeat.  I have only done 30 nights and by the last 3, I just wanted to get home. 

Presumably like P&O they do offer segments to book, but that would mean flying.

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

I can't think of anything worse.  I think that would get very samey after a while.  The menus would repeat.  I have only done 30 nights and by the last 3, I just wanted to get home. 

I never do laundry when cruising and take enough clothes to cover the whole cruise. So unless another smaller vessel sails alongside to carry our clothes, it would have to be a no😉😁

One month is our maximum too Jean.

Avril

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I never do laundry when cruising and take enough clothes to cover the whole cruise. So unless another smaller vessel sails alongside to carry our clothes, it would have to be a no😉😁

Avril

Neither do I Avril.  I am not on holiday to do laundry and the only time I did, had an argument with a very rude woman who complained because I had put my small basket of laundry on her machine!

• Like 3

Pound for pound its a pretty decent price ,but I think the drinks package would be a useful addition even for us social drinkers, our experience of longer cruises is that sometimes you cant fully appreciate some of the destinations until you get home as they can come thick and fast but what a way to tick off your bucket list!! They are offering it in segments so plenty of options and certainly tempted with at least one part of it 

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Totally agree with you Avril. Our favourite cruise length is 18 or 19 nights and as we drive to Southampton we take a lot of suitcases!! 🤣🤣

6 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

We have one large suitcase each and one suit carrier.

Avril

I’m afraid we usually have 2 large and 1 medium case, 2 suit type hanging cases and a big bag for shoes 🤣🤣 My husband always says I take too much, but I like to be prepared for whatever the weather has in store and wear something different each evening. We usually cruise in the Med on Aurora or Arcadia often in October so weather not always guaranteed. 

After many foreign holidays we have mastered the art of taking what's needed, plus a small contingency, as for cleaning clothes no problem, we let the ships laundry service do it for us and make financial allowance for it in our budget, on the really longer cruises we just send our large luggage on ahead and take a couple of medium cases with us , after a few weeks on board you have to accept that you need to wear clothes more than once☺️       

Whether cruise or land-based, three weeks is about our limit. We enjoy our (pre-Covid) winter trips to Tenerife but, at the end of the three weeks, I'm ready to resume normal life. Same when we've done three week driving tours in the States. I'm sure that I'd rather do more cruises than fewer longer ones

• 2 months later...