What’s needed for new check-in procedure?

Did check in when ours first opened back in September, but when RCI changed to 45 days out, we lost all the info we entered (at least I assume we did, though some say it will be there when check in opens back up).

From what I’ve heard, the new check in requires you to upload proof of vaccination. Is this true, or can you do this at a later time? Just trying to decide if I need to have our vaccine cards handy. Anything else changed?

2 hours ago, kardut said:

Did check in when ours first opened back in September, but when RCI changed to 45 days out, we lost all the info we entered (at least I assume we did, though some say it will be there when check in opens back up).

From what I’ve heard, the new check in requires you to upload proof of vaccination. Is this true, or can you do this at a later time? Just trying to decide if I need to have our vaccine cards handy. Anything else changed?

Yes. You need to upload a photo of the front and back of your card. 

Until you upload, you can not complete check in. 

When we cruised a few weeks back, we upload our card. And our physical cards were inspected 3 times at the terminal for validity/fraud. And photographed again. 

Please read, re-read, and re-read again the specific requirements for your cruise that the cruise line sends you. Don't rely on anecdotal information from cruise critic because it will be wrong for you. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 3

On our Mariner sailing this past weekend, the ability to upload our card on the app did not appear until the day before sailing when the health questionnaire opened.  We had completed every other part of check in prior.  We uploaded our cards, and cards and negative test were then checked four times at the pier.

Edited by palmettostatecruiser

22 minutes ago, palmettostatecruiser said:

On our Mariner sailing this past weekend, the ability to upload our card on the app did not appear until the day before sailing when the health questionnaire opened.  We had completed every other part of check in prior.  We uploaded our cards, and cards and negative test were then checked four times at the pier.

That would make more sense. I completed our Allure check-in last week and nowhere was there anything about uploading your vaccine card. 

32 minutes ago, bajathree said:

That would make more sense. I completed our Allure check-in last week and nowhere was there anything about uploading your vaccine card. 

Yeah, I kept checking the app because I was reading about people being able to upload their card and no luck. Just figured RC didn't bother for a short cruise. Then Thursday morning when filling out the health questionnaire I was like, 'ah, there you are' lol. Am curious now to see when it will be available for our Oasis cruise in December.

Edited by palmettostatecruiser
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, palmettostatecruiser said:

Yeah, I kept checking the app because I was reading about people being able to upload their card and no luck. Just figured RC didn't bother for a short cruise. Then Thursday morning when filling out the health questionnaire I was like, 'ah, there you are' lol. Am curious now to see when it will be available for our Oasis cruise in December.

Yea....my Allure sailing is also for Dec and like mentioned there wasn't anywhere to add it and it completed my check-in. I always said....the most consistent thing with Royal is their inconsistency.

56 minutes ago, palmettostatecruiser said:

Curiosity satisfied...card upload available yesterday when checkin (re)opened for Dec. Oasis cruise.  Weird how it's sooner for some ships

Still nothing to upload vaccine card for Dec Allure in check-in. I am wondering that maybe they only have it for sailings that are going to ports that require proof of vaccine like the Bahamas or Virgin Islands . My Allure sailing is Mexico and Roatan....no Bahamas or Virgin Islands.

48 minutes ago, bajathree said:

Still nothing to upload vaccine card for Dec Allure in check-in. I am wondering that maybe they only have it for sailings that are going to ports that require proof of vaccine like the Bahamas or Virgin Islands . My Allure sailing is Mexico and Roatan....no Bahamas or Virgin Islands.

Ah, that may be. Our sailing is Mexico & Roatan also but Cococay as well.

1 hour ago, bajathree said:

we are going to Bahamas, Antigua and St Thomas on Harmony in 3 weeks. Still nothing to upload. Someone on a different cruise said her upload opened up 21 days prior to the cruise. I have 2 days to go till then. We'll see.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2021 at 7:43 AM, bajathree said:

I don’t think it does when you do it on the computer. When you download the Royal Caribbean app and go to check in on that, the option to upload your vaccine card is there.   Very strange that the check in process is different via the app versus a browser, but RC is known for its software idiosyncrasies.