RCI's Airboat Tour

RCCL Fan

We have an afternoon flight, so I'm thinking of doing an excursion after we get off allure at Port Everglades.

Can anyone give me any info? Worried about kids and whether it's a good option for them.    Are we each on our own airboat?

Have any other suggestions to kill a few hours?

Noooo !!!! You would never ever be in your own airboat. These are driven by professionals and seat several people depending on the size of the boat being used.

We have done this with extended family which included young children. Everyone had a blast. We went to Sawgrass Recreation Park they also had a great animal show/exhibit.

We rented a car and did this on our own.

• Like 2

I live a few miles from the Sawgrass Recreation Park. Visitors love airboat rides.  It's a fun way to see a National Park. We've always seen at least one alligator, but it's true that we can go to an outdoor park and not even see a bird at times.  The ride is fun!!!

• Like 1

We went to a place called Buffalo Tiger that was not far from Fort Lauderdale.  Boats were 2-3 rows of benches, maybe room for 8-10 people.  If you're "lucky" they'll find a couple of females sleeping during the day.  The guide knew his stuff pretty well and they'll add a little bounce to the ride from time to time.  While it was a fun ride and I'd do it again, it's not non-stop gators by any means.  Patience required.  We rented a car and drove there.

We passed other spots that had bus traffic there.  Their boats held at least 25 people.

Edited by billslowsky