Immunosuppressed Cruising

ajm

I am immunosuppressed and  considering taking a cruise again.  From what I read, there really doesn't seem to be many reports of outbreaks on cruise ships.  I am vaccinated and a few months ago I did catch COVID.  I only had mild symptoms and was over it pretty quick.  I will be getting the third shot as well.

I would be interested to hear if any other immune compromised individuals have sailed recently and how they felt about it.  Overall, did you feel it was safe or is it still too risky from your perspective.  I know those with compromised immune systems sometimes look at things differently.

Thanks!

I'll double what capriccio said, first thing you should do is check with your doctor.

Keep in mind most ships are operating at 95% minimum vaccination, some are at 100%. My personal opinion, if you take standard precautions (wear a mask in public areas, etc) you are probably ok, but again, check with your doctor.

I can only speak for myself.

It depends on what level of immunocompromised you are. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and take Enbrel. Under the definition, I am immunocompromised and have received my booster due to that condition. However, that is considered very mild. I personally  would cruise and do have one scheduled.

On the other hand, if I had received an organ transplant and was taking anti rejection medication, then I probably wouldn't even consider a cruise yet.

Best advice came from a previous poster. Seek out a medical professional for your particular situation.

Edited by klfrodo
  • Like 1