Repriced and Royal will not give lower fare.

I am a seasoned cruiser and booked directly with RC for a Junior suite.  I called RC and had my cruise repriced for several hundred dollars less than I paid.  I was told I would get a verification email within 14 days.  Email never came.  I called RC and spoke with an agent who confirmed my repriced amount and was told to just wait for it to go through their system.  Repriced email not recieved.  Another week goes by and I call again and was told the same thing.  Another week I call and ask for my request to be moved up to higher staff for resolution.  After 3 hours on the phone with RC they tell me they see my past  calls and my cruise was repriced, but they have no record of what the repriced amount was.  They refuse to give me any on board credit (I was told 3 different times I would get several hundred dollars as OBC).  They just say sorry we can't look up the price of your cabin on any past date.  I find that impossible to believe.  I WILL NEVER BOOK OR SAIL WITH ROYAL AGAIN. They have lost a repeat customer over a mistake they made.  Cruise with Confidence is a shame.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gblasingame said:

I am a seasoned cruiser and booked directly with RC for a Junior suite.  I called RC and had my cruise repriced for several hundred dollars less than I paid.  I was told I would get a verification email within 14 days.  Email never came.  I called RC and spoke with an agent who confirmed my repriced amount and was told to just wait for it to go through their system.  Repriced email not recieved.  Another week goes by and I call again and was told the same thing.  Another week I call and ask for my request to be moved up to higher staff for resolution.  After 3 hours on the phone with RC they tell me they see my past  calls and my cruise was repriced, but they have no record of what the repriced amount was.  They refuse to give me any on board credit (I was told 3 different times I would get several hundred dollars as OBC).  They just say sorry we can't look up the price of your cabin on any past date.  I find that impossible to believe.  I WILL NEVER BOOK OR SAIL WITH ROYAL AGAIN. They have lost a repeat customer over a mistake they made.  Cruise with Confidence is a shame.  

Sorry, that sucks. Another good reason to have a knowledgeable travel agent. 

Good luck with whatever line you wind up with; but don’t be surprised if the same type of thing happens there. 

• Like 1

Good luck with Carnival, NCL or MSC, I'm sure you'll find their customer service far superior than RCL.  😉

Seriously, that is a shame.  I'm assuming you have checked your cruise planner for any OBC balance.  My cruise was repriced after final payment and the OBC simply appeared in the cruise planner, no email.

FYI, in the future, you may wish to save a screen capture of any "ghost" booking showing the lower cruise fare.  That documentation can be important in situations such as this.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gblasingame said:

After 3 hours on the phone with RC they tell me they see my past  calls and my cruise was repriced, but they have no record of what the repriced amount was. 

Have you tried getting an invoice via their automated phone system?

• Like 2

Yes, I got an invoice but it only shows my original price.  2 RC represtatives told me the reprice form was not completed by them so the lower price never go into the system.  Their mistake on submitting the reprice has been acknowledged by them, but they will not honor the OBC they verbally told me multiple times.  

5 minutes ago, Gblasingame said:

Yes, I got an invoice but it only shows my original price.  2 RC represtatives told me the reprice form was not completed by them so the lower price never go into the system.  Their mistake on submitting the reprice has been acknowledged by them, but they will not honor the OBC they verbally told me multiple times.  

Like you mentioned, there are a lot of other cruise lines out there who would be happy to have you on their ships. 

10 minutes ago, Gblasingame said:

Michael Bayley's office is often very helpful in these situations.

Send a clear, calm, reasonable email to mbayley@rccl.com

Good luck

31 minutes ago, Gblasingame said:

In my experience, if it was a reprice after final payment deadline, your invoice does not change.  It still shows the original price.  The OBC is what you are supposed to receive and it doesn't appear on the invoice.  Not the best practice by RCL in my opinion, but it is what it is.

They have so many inept phone agents now that don’t know how to do anything right except for booking a new cruise. When I get some guy in Guatemala sitting in his kitchen with the sound of dishes banging, kids screaming and scooters driving by in the background, I know it’s time to hang up and try someone else 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, clochette said:

I know too late for the OP but when I call to request a price adjustment, I keep them on the line until I receive the new invoice so that I can make sure that it is correct.

👆THIS!!!👆  I always receive a confirmation email within minutes (or less) and have it in my inbox before I hang up with them.  I was very confused when the OP said they told them it would take two weeks to receive confirmation.  I would have been immediately suspicious.

Edited by ramja96
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, ramja96 said:

👆THIS!!!👆  I always receive a confirmation email within minutes (or less) and have it in my inbox before I hang up with them.  I was very confused when the OP said they told them it would take two weeks to receive confirmation.  I would have been immediately suspicious.

Whenever I have repriced before final payment deadline for an actual cash refund of the difference to my method of payment, I have received a confirmation email quickly.

However, each time I have repriced AFTER final payment deadline for OBC, no modified invoice is sent and the representatives have always told me, without fail, that the reprice request is sent to the department that handles those and it takes up to fourteen (14) days to receive the OBC which appears in the cruise planner.

In OP's case, he repriced after final payment deadline for OBC. 

OP,

Have you checked current prices for the JS on your sailing to see if you can reprice now for at least some of that OBC?  I'm seeing a total of $2996 for two in Category J4 (including fare, port charges, taxes and fees), not including any discounts for past passenger, senior, etc.  Prices are $60/pp higher for J3.

54 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

They have so many inept phone agents now that don’t know how to do anything right except for booking a new cruise. When I get some guy in Guatemala sitting in his kitchen with the sound of dishes banging, kids screaming and scooters driving by in the background, I know it’s time to hang up and try someone else 

I didn’t mind the agent who lived next door to train tracks, as I enjoy the sound of a train.  My next call had roosters crowing repeatedly (it must have been early morning where he lived), but when he had to call Resolutions he apparently moved far enough away to have a reasonably professional, rooster-free background.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, clochette said:

I know too late for the OP but when I call to request a price adjustment, I keep them on the line until I receive the new invoice so that I can make sure that it is correct.

Same for us. We always make sure we  get the new invoice via email before we end the call. 

2 hours ago, DMWT Cruiser said:

OP,

Have you checked current prices for the JS on your sailing to see if you can reprice now for at least some of that OBC?  I'm seeing a total of $2996 for two in Category J4 (including fare, port charges, taxes and fees), not including any discounts for past passenger, senior, etc.  Prices are $60/pp higher for J3.