Options for Covid test pre=cruise

Nebr.cruiser

1 hour ago, toddmanka said:

I have a five day summit getting back on a Thursday and leaving on Equinox on Friday. Will I be able to get a test on summit Wednesday for my Friday cruise or will I have to drive around Ft Lauderdale to get tested. .

Waited on phone for 90 min before discontented 

Below is what it currently says about that in the Healthy at Sea FAQ

From here:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/faqs

I made relevant excerpt into italics.

My understanding is that you should go to Guest Relations early during your first leg to advise them that you need to schedule a test for your Summit cruise.

Since everything is subject to change, I would keep the info about places to get a quick test or bring a couple of video-proctored Abbott BinaxNow AG card test kits with you from home.

Jane

Are consecutive/back-to-back cruises still an option for guests? 

Vaccinated guests will be permitted to sail on back-to-back cruises. Guests sailing on back-to-back cruises must show proof of vaccination and are required to take a COVID-19 test producing negative results between each sailing. Guests who are not fully vaccinated or are not eligible to be vaccinated, are not able to sail on back-to back-cruises.

For guests sailing back-to-back on any Royal Caribbean Group ship, complimentary testing will be provided onboard.

Effective November 16, 2021, If sailing on a cruise brand other than those within the Royal Caribbean Group, guests will be responsible for making their own arrangements with an accredited testing provider as well as covering all associated costs.

Negative COVID-19 test results acquired from a COVID-19 test taken aboard another Royal Caribbean Group ship will be accepted as long as the test is taken within two days of embarkation for vaccinated guests.

Edited by JaneStarr

2 hours ago, JaneStarr said:

For guests sailing back-to-back on any Royal Caribbean Group ship, complimentary testing will be provided onboard.

Technically it's not a B2B since there is 1 day in between sailings. I wouldn't rely on this info being applicable to @toddmanka. Summit may test as a courtesy, just don't count on it. Have an alternate plan.

Hope this means we'll be able to get tested aboard Apex, which arrives back in Ft. Lauderdale on a Saturday.  That day we head to Port Canaveral, where we board Harmony of the Seas

on Sunday.

Will Royal Caribbean Group accept tests results from one day before the cruise?  Or must it be two days?  We plan on getting tested somewhere in FLL on the Thursday before our Saturday cruise.

Of course, last fall we were hoping there would be no required testing; now we're just hoping Omicron will be gone in April.

3 minutes ago, joand452 said:

Will Royal Caribbean Group accept tests results from one day before the cruise?  Or must it be two days? 

You can test the day before and have your test results accepted.  You can even test the same day and as long as you have those test results in hand, they're good with it.

Just now, Honolulu Blue said:

You can test the day before and have your test results accepted.  You can even test the same day and as long as you have those test results in hand, they're good with it.

Thank you so much!  Now just to find somewhere to get the tests on the way to Port Canaveral.

On 1/21/2022 at 3:59 PM, thepla said:

We are in exact same situation. Hopefully this cruise will not haave same result of opera.

16 hours ago, RichYak said:

Please don't tie up a phone rep for this. If you call, they will simply read the information from their FAQ page that is readily available on their website and you can read on your own.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/faqs

Thank you. Found my answer there. Anyone else from UK know, can we show our government app NHS Covid pass as proof of our vaccinations or do they require the little handwritten card we were issued?

9 hours ago, RichYak said:

In a different thread, @hisdawn posted a link to another seller of the BinaxNow ag proctored tests. Reposting it here for more visibility.

http://patient.questdiagnostics.com/rapidantigen

Are you all looking for the agtests? The proctored ones? I have a few extra, that expire in March. I just got them. Please let me know if anyone wants to buy them. 

Thanks!!

@Outofofficeon on the FAQ you posted

Yes, if a guest can furnish proof from the government site or app, we will accept as proof of vaccination.

In my experience alot of people did not bring their cards to the second vaccination and certainly no card was offered for the booster. I can recollect a box of vacination cards sat in the reception at my surgery so.....

Bring the app and the PDF copy on paper too. You can upload to Apple Wallet.

I am off to Italy skiing on Saturday. A booster is required there now.

• Like 1

Went thru the posts, quickly, and didn't see either of these listed. 

Has anyone used https://synergydx.com or LabDoctor for their pre-cruise Rapid Antigen test? 

And were they approved by Celebrity? We ned to have our test done next week and will use either of these that are approved sites. 

Thank you all.

Kelly

4 hours ago, pooh/tigger said:

Went thru the posts, quickly, and didn't see either of these listed. 

Has anyone used https://synergydx.com or LabDoctor for their pre-cruise Rapid Antigen test? 

And were they approved by Celebrity? We ned to have our test done next week and will use either of these that are approved sites. 

Thank you all.

Kelly

https://store.optum.com/celebrity-cruises/

On 1/25/2022 at 2:54 PM, bdstickks0944 said:

May or may not get it by next week if they order from Optum today. I'd make an apt as a backup if you do. 

You can get the Antigen from wherever CVS, Walgreens, etc., but it has to be monitored by someone and you need the negative test report with your details to provide Celebrity. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/us-travel-requirements

16 hours ago, Islandhop9 said:

May or may not get it by next week if they order from Optum today. I'd make an apt as a backup if you do. 

You can get the Antigen from wherever CVS, Walgreens, etc., but it has to be monitored by someone and you need the negative test report with your details to provide Celebrity. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/us-travel-requirements

My cruise isn’t until November.  Yes I know it has to be monitored. They do that with the optimum tests.  So we are prepared already with these tests. Got them yesterday.  

Let me add another vote for Lab Doctor on 17th in Fort Lauderdale.   Visited at 11:40 on a Friday and experienced no lines, staff were pleasant, professional and administered the best rapid antigen I have head.to date .  Had printed result in about 15 minutes from first opening the door.  A bargain.  

• Like 1

Sorry if this was already asked When you buy a pkg of two - can that be for 2 separate people and when i check out should I created account with Optum or check out as a guest? Are these ok going through X-ray at airport as we will be flying in to visit friends for a few days b4 cruise.

17 hours ago, Grambler said:

Sorry if this was already asked When you buy a pkg of two - can that be for 2 separate people and when i check out should I created account with Optum or check out as a guest? Are these ok going through X-ray at airport as we will be flying in to visit friends for a few days b4 cruise.

Yes it’s for two people. Why wouldn’t they be ok to go thru security? It’s just a COVID test 

58 minutes ago, Grambler said:

Thanks, I was just wondering if the X-ray could damage or alter the chemical in the test. 

It doesn't matter for ordering from Optum, it makes reordering easier if you create an account.

You will need to create a separate Navica account for each person being tested. That stores the results and pulls the personal information needed for the report. Each person should sign into their account when they start their test. 

Follow the instructions on the box and do not open until instructed. 

We've brought tests in checked bags and carry-on with no issues. 

• Thanks 1

Has anyone used “Lab Doctor” on 17th street in Ft Lauderdale (near Embassy Suites)? 

we are travelling from the U.K. 3 days before the cruise. They are offering Antigen for $49 with no appointment.

Just want to hear if anyone has had any experience with them?

1 hour ago, Glitterati said:

Has anyone used “Lab Doctor” on 17th street in Ft Lauderdale (near Embassy Suites)? 

we are travelling from the U.K. 3 days before the cruise. They are offering Antigen for $49 with no appointment.

Just want to hear if anyone has had any experience with them?

On 1/28/2022 at 3:37 PM, rboy000 said:

Let me add another vote for Lab Doctor on 17th in Fort Lauderdale.   Visited at 11:40 on a Friday and experienced no lines, staff were pleasant, professional and administered the best rapid antigen I have head.to date .  Had printed result in about 15 minutes from first opening the door.  A bargain.  

Post #366 - right before yours.

My cruise leaves Southampton on April 21st.

I will be spending a week in London prior to cruising. I cannot find expiration dates on the optum site for the binex tests I am considering ordering. Are these the best option for pre cruise testing in in London prior Is to the trip or are there easier options in London? I am happy we will no longer need tests after arriving in England from the US.