How can I delete purchased shore excursions?

PhD-iva

I sail on 17 November Riviera Rome to Miami. I now want to delete a shore excursion (I did not select OLife so I am paying w OBC). I go to manage my account, select this sailing, then select shore excursions. I see each excursion previously purchased, but I can’t seem to delete the one I want to drop. 
Thx for your help!

ps I did a search before posting but didn’t find anything helpful.

Edited by PhD-iva
Edit

1 hour ago, PhD-iva said:

I sail on 17 November Riviera Rome to Miami. I now want to delete a shore excursion (I did not select OLife so I am paying w OBC). I go to manage my account, select this sailing, then select shore excursions. I see each excursion previously purchased, but I can’t seem to delete the one I want to drop. 
Thx for your help!

ps I did a search before posting but didn’t find anything helpful.

I’ve yet to find a way to do it online. Call O. And if you used it for YWYW, make sure to replace it by the required deadline.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

4 minutes ago, GICNJC said:

I ran into the same problem.  I ended up calling O to cancel one excursion and replace it with another.  The agent gave me a 25% reduction on the replacement on the spot (was not expecting or entitled)

Looks like it qualified for YWYW. Good for you!

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, ShopperfiendTO said:

Curious how this would work if it's an excursion selected as part of the OLife excursion package.

Has anyone done this before? 

I find it odd that you would have to call or get your TA to call O to cancel it (assuming the cancellation is more than a month before departure).

Yes, it is odd and a pain.  All excursions, OLife or not, must be handled this way.  

I don’t understand why it’s a pain?? 🤔

I send an email, or text, to my TA and that’s  the end of it. I get a response back,  later in the day or next day, saying it’s cancelled and my cc will be credited.

Someone, with a far lower tolerance for pain, will have to explain why that process IS a pain? Totally painless to me!! 🙄

People are used to doing business in different ways.  We do have a good TA that would happily cancel for us, but it adds an extra step. I would prefer to open the “Manage my cruise” section and click on “cancel”.  Done.  
To each his own. 

• Like 2

If I can book an excursion online, I should be able to cancel it online. Simple!

My travel agent is barely making a living;  she should be busy with revenue-producing activity rather than handling niggling details of my reservation that I could easily handle with a few clicks myself.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tgg said:

If I can book an excursion online, I should be able to cancel it online. Simple!

My travel agent is barely making a living;  she should be busy with revenue-producing activity rather than handling niggling details of my reservation that I could easily handle with a few clicks myself.

Shore excursions are an item that you can call Oceania directly about. No need to involve your TA...I never have, nor would I since the TA doesn't earn any commission on them.

Edited by njhorseman
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, njhorseman said:

Shore excursions are an item that you can call Oceania directly about. No need to involve your TA...I never have, nor would I since the TA doesn't earn any commission on them.

The problem, of course, is that there is nowhere on the web site that tells you to call Oceania directly to cancel a shore excursion. 

1 hour ago, tgg said:

The problem, of course, is that there is nowhere on the web site that tells you to call Oceania directly to cancel a shore excursion. 

Since shore excursions are something you can book without going through your travel agent it shouldn't be too big of  a stretch of ones imagination to assume you can cancel them without going through your travel agent.

Edited by njhorseman

2 hours ago, njhorseman said:

Since shore excursions are something you can book without going through your travel agent it shouldn't be too big of  a stretch of ones imagination to assume you can cancel them without going through your travel agent.

Yep! Ole 1-800 Dial a Clerk! Seems to be a popular pastime here ! 😂😂

I don’t bid my TA on every cruise and squeeze her to the max, so she’s quite accommodating taking care of such issues. I’d never however want to deny the enjoyment to others of 1-800 -Dial a Clerk. Enjoy!! 🥂. How long was that wait time??

25 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Yep! Ole 1-800 Dial a Clerk! Seems to be a popular pastime here ! 😂😂

I don’t bid my TA on every cruise and squeeze her to the max, so she’s quite accommodating taking care of such issues. I’d never however want to deny the enjoyment to others of 1-800 -Dial a Clerk. Enjoy!! 🥂. How long was that wait time??

Pre COVID at least I don't recall having any significant hold time when calling about shore excursions.