Full-sized bottle of Bailey's not allowed in Sky Suite??

Catlover54

6 hours ago, sanger727 said:

nothing wrong with that. I wasn’t referring to you being rude. It was the poster that you quoted who said that if someone cares about $12 a day they can’t afford celebrity.

I assume you're talking about me.  And I will stand behind my comment 24/7.  If 24 bucks per day to upgrade 2 people to the Premium stretches your budget, then how can you afford the thousands that your vacation will cost you?  I have alligator arms at times and am very frugal, but I will be upgrading to Premium since there are drinks at the Martini Bar, Craft Social Bar and Eden that I wish to consume on our upcoming Apex cruises.  Only need the upgrade on the front end five day since we can already have it on the 7 day that we booked on board the Edge two years ago.

But, as usual on these boards, you do you and I'll do me.

5 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

I assume you're talking about me.  And I will stand behind my comment 24/7.  If 24 bucks per day to upgrade 2 people to the Premium stretches your budget, then how can you afford the thousands that your vacation will cost you?  I have alligator arms at times and am very frugal, but I will be upgrading to Premium since there are drinks at the Martini Bar, Craft Social Bar and Eden that I wish to consume on our upcoming Apex cruises.  Only need the upgrade on the front end five day since we can already have it on the 7 day that we booked on board the Edge two years ago.

But, as usual on these boards, you do you and I'll do me.

If that’s how you enjoy cruising then by all means. I think critically about most of the dollars I spend. $12 pp pd doesn’t blow my budget, but it’s still money that could be spent somewhere else if I’m able to get the drinks I would enjoy on the classic package. Find this argument a bit silly to be honest. There are at least 100 threads of people complaining that they are elite and how they how have to pay for their drinks and internet, and no one is accusing them of being unable to afford celebrity.

• Like 4

I’m curious. I see some liquor in the Bon Voyage gifts, but other than the two premium suites, can you order any liquor by the bottle for your stateroom? Never thought about it before. With AI, it would actually make crazy financial sense to Celebrity to sell something for convenience that you get “free” at a bar with your drink package. 

Honestly, I wouldn’t drink a bottle of Glenlivet on a 7 night cruise anyway, but I’m sure some would!

1 hour ago, sanger727 said:

There are at least 100 threads of people complaining that they are elite and how they how have to pay for their drinks and internet, and no one is accusing them of being unable to afford celebrity.

No idea how bringing Elite level people into discussion has any bearing on my comment.  All I stated was if 24 bucks was going to blow your budget, then maybe Celebrity should not be your cruise line of choice since you're going to be dropping thousands of dollars on your vacation and 24 bucks extra should not be a deterrent.  If it is, then another more economical cruise line should be chosen.

18 minutes ago, markeb said:

I’m curious. I see some liquor in the Bon Voyage gifts, but other than the two premium suites, can you order any liquor by the bottle for your stateroom? Never thought about it before. With AI, it would actually make crazy financial sense to Celebrity to sell something for convenience that you get “free” at a bar with your drink package. 

Honestly, I wouldn’t drink a bottle of Glenlivet on a 7 night cruise anyway, but I’m sure some would!

The Bon Voyage gifts are the only liquor by the bottle you can buy for consumption in your stateroom. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

No idea how bringing Elite level people into discussion has any bearing on my comment.  All I stated was if 24 bucks was going to blow your budget, then maybe Celebrity should not be your cruise line of choice since you're going to be dropping thousands of dollars on your vacation and 24 bucks extra should not be a deterrent.  If it is, then another more economical cruise line should be chosen.

It’s not $24. It’s $24 per day. My celebrity cruises have all been 12ish days. So that’s almost $300. That was around 10% of the entire cost of my cruise. And probably close to the amount we spent on shore excursions for the cruise.  It’s not as insignificant an amount of money as you are imply. And the issue I had was with the judgement of your comment. And your continued attitude that $300 is a throw away amount of money. I value my dollars more than that. I can afford it. But not thinking twice snout that is just silly. I have dollars because I think critically about them. If I said ‘oh, it’s only $12’ every time something came up; that $3,000 trip would soon cost $5,000.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

SS Minnow

21 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

I think it’s safe to say that everyone spends their money differently and no one wants to waste theirs. I’d never buy photos because I have a perfectly good camera in my phone. Yet I’m willing to spend $150 for half a cabana on a sea day on Beyond even though 20 people told me I’m wasting my money. 
personally I agree the Premium upgrade is worth not having to count drink costs above the classic included drinks but for someone who doesn’t drink much it’s a waste of money. 
it’s easy to infer tone in a text and sometimes the interpreted tone is harsher than reality. Helps to throw in a 😃 smiley face emoji every now and then. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

I assume you're talking about me.  And I will stand behind my comment 24/7.  If 24 bucks per day to upgrade 2 people to the Premium stretches your budget, then how can you afford the thousands that your vacation will cost you?  I have alligator arms at times and am very frugal, but I will be upgrading to Premium since there are drinks at the Martini Bar, Craft Social Bar and Eden that I wish to consume on our upcoming Apex cruises. 

I can afford my cruises precisely because I spend my money wisely and don't consider a couple hundred bucks to be nothing. 

Enjoy your cruises.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

After re-reading this thread this morning, I've decided that I'm going to put a shot of Bailey's in my morning coffee. Probably two shots.🥃

I finally got around to the last few posts, and I think your idea is good but insufficient to dull the pain. Tomorrow,  I will put a shot of coffee in my Bailey’s. 

Edited by mayleeman
  • Haha 1