Full-sized bottle of Bailey's not allowed in Sky Suite??

Catlover54

1 hour ago, mfs2k said:

Seems like a good opportunity to charge you $125 for a bottle of Bailey’s and glassware. 

I endorse that... were it available for purchase.

Cheers and bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953

2 hours ago, Keys Kathy said:

I think I would speak with the suite concierge. I am sure they can help. I thought the word "no" was not supposed to be used. 

Better yet ask the Suites Manager, Bar Manager or Hotel Director.   They can be very accommodating.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, kearney said:

Speaking of Baileys..does anyone know if they have an off brand substitute that could be used in cocktails covered under the classic package? Same for Chambord..do they have a substitute option for And ? The only time we have used a beverage package was when they had the old 4 perks promo with premium package... TIA

That would appear to be "no". 

This is what's listed as of today, 11/15/21 (because it might change tomorrow and the format has changed) for the classic package liqueurs. 

• Campari
  • Galliano
  • Hennessy VS
  • Kahlua
  • Kirsch
  • Licor 43
  • Ouzo
  • Romana Sambuca
  • Southern Comfort
  • Tia Maria

Nothing there I'd consider a substitute for either. 

The most frequently listed substitute for Bailey's is St Germain, and it's in the Premium Package as well.

Nothing really for Chambord. Maybe something raspberry "ish" in the well, but nothing named. I've seen raspberry syrup listed, probably with vodka for the alcohol. Maybe in a pinch with something else you could get away with Kirsch, but that's a cherry flavored brandy, not raspberry. I don't know what that would do for a Kir Royale! And if you want to be pedantic about it, Chambord isn't the right ingredient for a Kir Royale; it should theoretically be Crème de cassis, which is a black currant liqueur. A little curious as I don't know that I've ever had a Kir Royale; tend more to brown liquor (whisk(e)y/rum) cocktails. Or gin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Plan B. 
get a plastic cup with lid. Go to a bar and get yourself a baileys up and walk away and pour it into the plastic cup. 
Go to another bar and do the same. 
Go to another bar and do the same. 
Keep doing that until your cup is filled then bring it back to your cabin to drink when you want. 

Our butler brought me a bottle of grey goose to our beautiful aft sky suite.  I asked and he just had to clear it with the suite concierge.  My husband prefers Tito's so the little bottles that come with the drinks and more package were great for him.  We dont' drink soda, except for club soda.  We also got the beers we preferred over heineken and a fresh dish of cut up limes daily.  It took him til the second afternoon to bring the bottle but he brought me glasses of grey goose. 
Of course, these things happen because my husband generously tips when we ask for something. 
Perhaps you might give that a try.  

13 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Since Bailey’s doesn’t go bad

Au contraire!!! I just this weekend discovered that it does...  Had a 750 ml bottle we have moved in our bar a couple times. I opened it, and it had turned completely solid. 

We had a major laugh when we read "Best by June 2011" on the bottle! Guess time goes faster than we ever imagined. Well, 2009 or so was when we discovered Scotch...

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Keys Kathy said:

I think I would speak with the suite concierge. I am sure they can help. I thought the word "no" was not supposed to be used. 

Really!  So if I want Dom Perignon delivered to my suite at no charge, or I’m in a Sky Suite and want them to comp dinners in he speciality restaurants or do all my laundry and dry cleaning for no charge it should be done.  There is nothing wrong with the word no,

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

Original poster said they’d be willing to pay with OBC

I know that.  But this discussion is heading to a “just ask and you should get it” because you are in a suite and my Butler (Host) did that for us.   Which sets expectations that won’t always be met and in the end the Retreat Hosts end up being the scapegoats.  

IMHO with start up they are bending over backward to make all guests and particularly Suite guests happy.   We have sailed in SS to RS suites and without asking,  our hosts and Retreat Concierges last month did things that would not have happen pre pandemic.  I question whether that will continue as the ships are full.  If they don’t then those who read the posts will be disappointed when they don’t get what they read others got.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, kearney said:

Speaking of Baileys..does anyone know if they have an off brand substitute that could be used in cocktails covered under the classic package? Same for Chambord..do they have a substitute option for Kir Royale? The only time we have used a beverage package was when they had the old 4 perks promo with premium package... TIA

Is that extra 12.00 per day to upgrade going to blow your vacation budget?  If so, maybe a different cruise line than Celebrity would fit your budget a little better.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

With or without a package, a bottle of Bailey’s is not one of the bottles you can order for a stateroom.

I had Bailey's this past Aug on Millie.  

Party is in my Suite!

26557.thumb.jpg.f6fb7eff161d3ef0c136faf39f37cc4c.jpg

Edited by Sam.Seattle

6 hours ago, jelayne said:

Really!  So if I want Dom Perignon delivered to my suite at no charge, or I’m in a Sky Suite and want them to comp dinners in he speciality restaurants or do all my laundry and dry cleaning for no charge it should be done.  There is nothing wrong with the word no,

Agree, my concern re this post is the pressure of expectation put on the Butler and Retreat staff…If you give one person in a Sky Suite an in suite bottle (and it is posted on CC) well everyone should ‘expect’ one! Indeed those who paid more for a Celebrity Suite should expect more still! 

In the OPs favour, they were clearly happy to purchase a bottle….Perhaps an extension to the list on the bar set up menu could be something to discuss with Guest Services?

Edited by chemmo

48 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Agree, my concern re this post is the pressure of expectation put on the Butler and Retreat staff…If you give one person in a Sky Suite an in suite bottle (and it is posted on CC) well everyone should ‘expect’ one! Indeed those who paid more for a Celebrity Suite should expect more still! 

In the OPs favour, they were clearly happy to purchase a bottle….Perhaps an extension to the list on the bar set up menu could be something to discuss with Guest Services?

It doesn’t make sense that a guest could purchase 25 different liquors by the bottle but they won’t sell one brand not on the printed list, even though it’s in inventory. 
I feel like someone said “ it’s not set up in the computer so we can’t sell it.”  That seems like no one wants to take the extra step to find out how to sell a bottle of baileys by using an “open liquor” key in the point of sale system. Or maybe the staff is afraid of the bar manager. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mfs2k said:

It doesn’t make sense that a guest could purchase 25 different liquors by the bottle but they won’t sell one brand not on the printed list, even though it’s in inventory. 
I feel like someone said “ it’s not set up in the computer so we can’t sell it.”  That seems like no one wants to take the extra step to find out how to sell a bottle of baileys by using an “open liquor” key in the point of sale system. Or maybe the staff is afraid of the bar manager. 

Where did you find the list of 25 different full bottle liquors available for purchase?  I found a much shorter list available to purchase prior to the cruise.  Is there another list? 

I suspect they carry extra inventory of the bottles that they sell?

I do agree that if it is available in the duty free shop, Celebrity should be able to mark it up (the same as the others) and sell it to anyone of legal age.  $120 for a bottle of Bailey’s would provide a nice profit.  Upon further reflection, I am a little surprised that Celebrity is not making it available.  Makes me wonder if the OP is really willing to pay the $120 and if they really offered to pay that much.

On 11/15/2021 at 7:44 AM, Catlover54 said:

I said I was willing to pay with my OBC if that is required for in-room alcohol on X, depending on the price ( Oceania had charged $100 for a Bailey's and that was over the top).  

Perhaps price WAS the issue here.  OP felt $100 was too much on Oceania.  Celebrity might have offered the bottle at a higher price and she declined. 

Also, I don''t think they can sell inventory from the duty free shop.  They'd have to sell it from the beverage department storeroom inventory.

On 11/15/2021 at 7:24 AM, Want2Cruise 701 said:

I'm surprised that the Butler said they would bring you Baileys free of charge.  Usually in a Sky Suite you are charged for beverages you order even if you have a package.  That has been the case in our experience.

In our Sky Suite on the Equinox in August, our butler provided us half bottles of wine at no charge in our cabin and brought us drinks from the bar including a bloody Mary or mimosa with our breakfast every morning. He would have left us the small bottles of spirts if we wanted but we preferred to have mixed drinks from the bar. I suppose if the small bottles of Bailey's were available he would have left them for us if we asked.  He told us with the Premium drinks package and the Retreat everything was included. They never showed up on our final bill. BTW we gave our butler a $100 tip at the end of the cruise.😁

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mfs2k said:

That seems reasonable.  

Did you also tip the cabin steward ?

Yes he got $50, both of them did not work for over 12 months because of the pandemic and the extras were appreciated. They are both covered for tips under the AI but they provided excellent service for our whole cruise. Just like I tip land restaurant servers more than 20% because most of them went months without any pay.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What am I not getting here? Baileys is not included. The butler is offering to fetch the drinks anytime you want. 

Why is anyone suggesting ways to get around the rules or chiding Celebrity for failing to make whatever your heart;s desire available, just by throwing enough money at it? How incredibly self-entitled.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Guppy99 said:

Why is anyone suggesting ways to get around the rules or chiding Celebrity for failing to make whatever your heart;s desire available, just by throwing enough money at it? How incredibly self-entitled.

Because people expect more, especially when someone on social media says it is possible. 

Book a Royal Suite if you want the benefits - but be prepared to spend a few thousand to get that bottle or two. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If our Butler is offering to bring us drinks and bottles of wine, I do not see how that is being self entitled or getting around the rules. On our embarkation day when we were introduced to our Retreat Host (Butler) I noticed our mini fridge was empty. I asked him about this and he asked what we liked, I told him no soda but we liked good bottled water and red and white wine. That night after dinner we had 2 half bottles each of Kendal Jackson Chardonnay and Cabernet in the fridge along with 4 bottles of Evian water. We also had 4 Kind Bars and Pringles. I asked him the next day about the cost and he said they were all included in our Sky Suite. As we used them they magically were replenished, the normally supplied Celebrity water in aluminum cans had a horrible metallic taste so the unending supply of  Evian was appreciated.

Edited by terrydtx

14 hours ago, markeb said:

That would appear to be "no". 

This is what's listed as of today, 11/15/21 (because it might change tomorrow and the format has changed) for the classic package liqueurs. 

• Campari
  • Galliano
  • Hennessy VS
  • Kahlua
  • Kirsch
  • Licor 43
  • Ouzo
  • Romana Sambuca
  • Southern Comfort
  • Tia Maria

Nothing there I'd consider a substitute for either. 

The most frequently listed substitute for Bailey's is St Germain, and it's in the Premium Package as well.

Nothing really for Chambord. Maybe something raspberry "ish" in the well, but nothing named. I've seen raspberry syrup listed, probably with vodka for the alcohol. Maybe in a pinch with something else you could get away with Kirsch, but that's a cherry flavored brandy, not raspberry. I don't know what that would do for a Kir Royale! And if you want to be pedantic about it, Chambord isn't the right ingredient for a Kir Royale; it should theoretically be Crème de cassis, which is a black currant liqueur. A little curious as I don't know that I've ever had a Kir Royale; tend more to brown liquor (whisk(e)y/rum) cocktails. Or gin.

As I noted I am not a real cocktail drinker..but I was introduced to Kir Royale during a business trip to Europe. I did see a Kirsch Royale.. so I may try that. But other than black or white Russian...not sure what else they could make with Tia Maria or Kalhua. We will see.. I may ask the bar tender. I wonder if the carry Crème de cassis..

Edited by kearney