Maybe a dumb question but asking anyway

molemaui

24 minutes ago, dabear said:

Not true. In craps,after an opening roll the odds bet is the only "free" bet in the house. Further the amount of odds bet can reduce the houses edge to nearly 0. You should learn the law of probability ..

Las Vegas was built on people who play by their gut feel. 

Not true.  I’ve been to Vegas many times, always play my way.  I have more of their $$$ than they do of mine, by a lot.

• Like 1

This post refreshed memories of my wife and I ironing shirts, suits and her dresses before formal nights years ago in the guest laundry on another cruise line. We’d have to wait in line to use the irons. 
On Celebrity, can you send clothes out to be pressed or steamed for wrinkle removal?  Is that expensive? I assume due to fire risk you can’t request an iron and ironing board in your cabin.  If you’re in a suite will your butler/retreat host arrange to have some items pressed? Is this is typical and reasonable service request?

21 hours ago, terrydtx said:

The last thing we want to do on any vacation. We will be gone 34 days next August on two cruises and 8 land days, we will use the ship's laundry service, no matter what it costs.

Is August longer than normail next year?  🙂

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, zitsky said:

Does Celebrity have dry cleaning or just wash / dry?

3 hours ago, mfs2k said:

On Celebrity, can you send clothes out to be pressed or steamed for wrinkle removal?  Is that expensive? I assume due to fire risk you can’t request an iron and ironing board in your cabin. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/faqs/laundry-service

Your assumption is correct. 

Edited by davekathy

On 11/28/2021 at 6:24 PM, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I've done several B2Bs and even a B2B2B now and then and have never seen a free bag of laundry offered.  Or any other freebies for the B2B folks.  Guess I've been on the wrong cruises.

Same for us and we almost always do a B2B or more.

1 minute ago, zitsky said:

What?  And wear cotton?

BTW the Faq says nothing about a one trip fill the bag special that I *thought* was normal.

Doesn't matter to me as I don't wear or even own a sweater. Not even an ugly Christmas sweater. 😂

You'll need to take that up with Celebrity.  We always get two Fold n Wash bags but that comes with our tier level. I'm sure they are available upon request. 

22 hours ago, zitsky said:

Sorry how does doing laundry make your clothes unwearable?  Do they not iron it?

I learned from this thread.

Laundry - do it your way

Gambling - do it someone else’s way

They are quite wearable, and apparently most everyone….but I guess someone doesn’t think so. Probably the same person who splits 10s/facecards!

Den

Edited by Denny01
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, zitsky said:

What?  And wear cotton?

BTW the Faq says nothing about a one trip fill the bag special that I *thought* was normal.

Bring a cheap Wool sweater…..just not one of those weird-sheep ones. 

Den

Edited by Denny01

On 12/4/2021 at 6:07 PM, LGW59 said:

Not true.  I’ve been to Vegas many times, always play my way.  I have more of their $$$ than they do of mine, by a lot.

SO, YOU'RE the person that wins all the time !!! 

How about sharing YOUR " winning " ways ?

Ya split Kings ? Ya sit on 15 when the Dealer is showing a picture ? Ya don't split a pair of 8's ? 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

SO, YOU'RE the person that wins all the time !!! 

How about sharing YOUR " winning " ways ?

Ya split Kings ? Ya sit on 15 when the Dealer is showing a picture ? Ya don't split a pair of 8's ? 

LOL!!  I always just play by my gut, no real method, though I tend o piss a lot of folks off by my unconventional method of play.  I also play roulette, generally the same numbers all the time and apparently my kids and my mom were all born on lucky days.  

3 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

LOL!!  I always just play by my gut, no real method, though I tend o piss a lot of folks off by my unconventional method of play.  I also play roulette, generally the same numbers all the time and apparently my kids and my mom were all born on lucky days.  

Here’s a hint, his reply (Pinboy) was sarcasm..

Edited by PTC DAWG

Just now, PTC DAWG said:

Here’s a hint, his reply (Pinboy) was sarcasm..

LOL--Not nice ---

LOL --- Was it THAT obvious ?

Here's 3 questions :

How can the Dealer take 6 cards and not " bust " , and Pinboy can't get 2 or 3 and " poof " ?

How do the cards know who's sitting there ?

Why do " players " tip the Dealer ?  Does the Dealer tip you when you lose ?

2 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

Here's another hint...she probably doesn't care about asinine comments. I know I don't

I didn't think Pinboys comment was asinine at all.  YMMV.  🙂

Just having a little black jack humor in the middle of a laundry thread.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2