Rooms on Majestic

arrice2

Checking out possible bookings for Jan and Feb 2022 on Majestic.  Maybe it's just me, but I can't find that there are any balcony rooms available for selection.  Everything is designated as guarantee.  Perhaps they are trying to control the locations of passengers (maybe they're making it more efficient for the room stewards by keeping the booked rooms together).  i checked a couple of  other ships, and didn't see the same situation.  Anybody else see the same?

We are on the January 15th sailing with two other couples. When we booked a month or two back we had to book a cat BD cabin to find a balcony cabin that we could choose vs a Guaranteed cabin.  Since then Princess upgraded all three of our cabins on two seperate occasions to a cat BB and more recently to a Deluxe Balcony (cat DB) on Caribe deck.

I think they want to be able to move people around and/or upgrade to higher category since ship is not full. People are going to customer service at embarkation & asking for upgrade. Sounds like they do it for them.

Remember that a higher category is not always an up grade.  If you were lucky enough to pick a cabin, you like check frequently to make sure you still have that same cabin.  I think a computer is in charge of re assigning cabins.  We have been on hold for hours over several days trying to get our chosen cabin back.  This situation wastes a lot of time for the agent also and is totally unnecessary.  Our unwanted upgrade is across from the laundry room at the back of the ship.  We were mid ship one deck above the main area.  Sour grapes but just saying.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had the first Lido cabin L301 on the Sky.  The balcony is angled so larger than a regular balcony.  If on the balcony, you can see along the side of the ship to the Captain’s bridge plus in front view of the water.  You are only steps from the elevator, automatic door to the Lido deck - buffet, pool, hot tubs, bar, BBQ, pizza, ice cream, lounge chairs.

The main hallway door to the cabins was closed the first night.  People would let the door go and it would slam and we hear it and vibrate.  After that when we returned to the cabin at night, I would open that door and we never heard any noise after that.

I always take the time to choose my cabins and I would pick that cabin again.

• Like 2

On 12/12/2021 at 7:08 AM, SHIP TRAVELER said:

Remember that a higher category is not always an up grade.  If you were lucky enough to pick a cabin, you like check frequently to make sure you still have that same cabin.  I think a computer is in charge of re assigning cabins.  We have been on hold for hours over several days trying to get our chosen cabin back.  This situation wastes a lot of time for the agent also and is totally unnecessary.  Our unwanted upgrade is across from the laundry room at the back of the ship.  We were mid ship one deck above the main area.  Sour grapes but just saying.....

We had the same issue.  We booked way back in March 2021 for D710 (BD) larger balcony and were upgraded in October to a midship balcony but the issue was it is half the size balcony.  I called and waited for an hour to talk to the right person.  We were marked as no upgrade.  Then they moved us again to C710 one deck up but the small balcony.  I did not notice it since it was done very sneakily.

I just got it fixed this morning.  I called and spent two hours on hold the other day and gave up and again yesterday for an hour.  Today, I was able to sort out a balcony on the other side but the same size as I had originally booked.  I was only on hold for a little over 30 minutes.

First world problems, I know.  But I carefully choose my cabins.

21 hours ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

When you do get a room you like and you do not want an "upgrade" that may not be considered an upgrade to you, you can have your booking marked for no upgrade.  

Hello, we were marked as no upgrade.  Turns out they were moving cabins due to that area being made a isolation section.  Why not do it for the deck above which was completely vacant.  Either way, I hope that they will not make anymore changes to our cabin.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2021 at 1:57 PM, Techwizardress said:

We had the same issue.  We booked way back in March 2021 for D710 (BD) larger balcony and were upgraded in October to a midship balcony but the issue was it is half the size balcony.  I called and waited for an hour to talk to the right person.  We were marked as no upgrade.  Then they moved us again to C710 one deck up but the small balcony.  I did not notice it since it was done very sneakily.

I just got it fixed this morning.  I called and spent two hours on hold the other day and gave up and again yesterday for an hour.  Today, I was able to sort out a balcony on the other side but the same size as I had originally booked.  I was only on hold for a little over 30 minutes.

First world problems, I know.  But I carefully choose my cabins.

I understand first world problems.   Glad you got your situation fixed. We were eventually able to get back where we started.  Now all is right with the world but a lot of the cruise lines, the travel agents and our time was wasted in the process.  We sail in 12 days and will be checking daily until then...

3 hours ago, Techwizardress said:

Turns out they were moving cabins due to that area being made a isolation section.  Why not do it for the deck above which was completely vacant.  Either way, I hope that they will not make anymore changes to our cabin.

a) If the reassignment was done by computer, it had not been programed to so what it should have.

b) If the reassignment was done by Princess personnel, they were clueless as to why people had booked the original cabins in the first place.