New Addition to Future Cruise Credit Display in the Cruise Personalizer

azbirdmom

8 minutes ago, ebeluga said:

I wish they itemized the payment received to make a distinction between FCD and FCC.  It was already a challenge to keep track of them as it was with cancellation, refund and redeposit!

I actually copied the FCC chart to a spreadsheet quite a while ago.  After 8 cancelled cruises, I wanted to keep track of where the $$ came from and also what was pending recrediting.  That's really the only way that I've figure out how to keep track of it because looking only online wouldn't do it!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, azbirdmom said:

Nothing new shown on mine.  Both FCDs and cash value FCCs still show as discount.  Good luck getting through to someone!

keep an eye on all credits. 
now my personalizer / credits are identical to my travel companion.  The applied FCC to our travel summary ( newly updated a few minutes ago) are not accurate. 

I spoke to Princess agent Carla who was pleasant but only could book our insurance. The FCC cannot be applied by Carly. Said there was a freeze. Transfer me to a Supervisor just put me on hold to regular music. 1 hour. I’m done for today 

will try and get myFCC back to credit card in next 2 weeks before I pay for insurance. 

pack your patience if trying to apply FCC etc.  agent didn’t get anywhere with it 

The refund that should have gone to my credit card was returned as a FCC. Today I was able to apply that to my insurance policies have the missing FCC restored to my booking again 

Princess agent today was very polite and was able to make all the corrections within 1/2 hour. 

just luck of the draw. 

Edited by dog
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Princess finally seems to have changed the "Type" in the FCC chart.  They now show all of my FCCs (both cash and goodwill) as "Payment" type and my FCDs as "Discount".  I'm wondering if anyone listed to John C's webinar with TAs a couple of weeks ago and if there was a definition of what SHOULD be tagged as Payment vs. Discount.  I would have thought that everything that originated as cash would be "Payment" and things like goodwill FCCs would be considered "Discount".  If that's the case then there are still errors in the display of FCCs / FCDs.  Or maybe I should just stop trying to use logic when it comes to changes that Princess has rolled out!

• Like 1

I cancelled a cruise in August and received a statement of the amount including an FCC number.  Now I have cancelled 2 more cruises.  I have more FCCs in my account but received no statement of which cruise it is from and the amount makes no sense so hard to identify.  Are any of you receiving statements?

I'm confused about what "Discount" and "Payment" actually mean. I have to FCD (NOT FCC) and they are listed differently from each other.

I had cruises cancelled and specifically asked to have my FCD returned to my account. That was done and all was well with the world. Now I see that one is listed as "Discount" and the other is listed as "Payment" and now shows as "Cruise With Confidence".   What the heck does this mean?  I did NOT receive a FCC (Future Cruise Credit). I received my original FCD (Future Cruise Deposit) back into my account. Actually BOTH of these below are FCD that I specifically asked to be returned to my account. I don't want some bogus $100 off of my cruise. I want the $100 to count as the entire deposit and to also give me the OBC benefit I'm supposed to receive.

Does anybody know what the heck this actually means?  If I need to call Princess to "fix" this I will do so but I don't really understand what is going on. Given the verbiage in the third column it looks to me like they are trying to tell me the second one is FCC they "graciously gave me" rather than the FCD I actually paid for.

image.thumb.png.1101cad5fd6ad9ec611d537a8c2cb720.png

Edited by Thrak

59 minutes ago, mustgo said:

I cancelled a cruise in August and received a statement of the amount including an FCC number.  Now I have cancelled 2 more cruises.  I have more FCCs in my account but received no statement of which cruise it is from and the amount makes no sense so hard to identify.  Are any of you receiving statements?

Look at your personalizer cruise credits. Each credit is identified with a booking number or date 

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

I'm confused about what "Discount" and "Payment" actually mean. I have to FCD (NOT FCC) and they are listed differently from each other.

I had cruises cancelled and specifically asked to have my FCD returned to my account. That was done and all was well with the world. Now I see that one is listed as "Discount" and the other is listed as "Payment" and now shows as "Cruise With Confidence".   What the heck does this mean?  I did NOT receive a FCC (Future Cruise Credit). I received my original FCD (Future Cruise Deposit) back into my account. Actually BOTH of these below are FCD that I specifically asked to be returned to my account. I don't want some bogus $100 off of my cruise. I want the $100 to count as the entire deposit and to also give me the OBC benefit I'm supposed to receive.

Does anybody know what the heck this actually means?  If I need to call Princess to "fix" this I will do so but I don't really understand what is going on. Given the verbiage in the third column it looks to me like they are trying to tell me the second one is FCC they "graciously gave me" rather than the FCD I actually paid for.

image.thumb.png.1101cad5fd6ad9ec611d537a8c2cb720.png

I haven't seen the Cruise with Confidence designation yet but I would guess that it would not give you the OBC that typically goes along with an FCD.  You may need to call them to see if they can change it.  Payment types can be used against just about any item that you would typically see on your statement at the time of final payment.  And from what I see they have considered FCC as a "Payment" whether or not it originated from cash.

Can anyone explain this to me??

Cash Value FCC, Goodwill FCC, and FCD now showing as "discount" instead of "payment." Why? Can Cash Value FCC and FCD still be refunded? (Not that I want to, all but 1 FCD applied to a future cruise). Just trying to wrap my head around it 

50 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Can anyone explain this to me??

Cash Value FCC, Goodwill FCC, and FCD now showing as "discount" instead of "payment." Why? Can Cash Value FCC and FCD still be refunded? (Not that I want to, all but 1 FCD applied to a future cruise). Just trying to wrap my head around it 

all of my FCC & FCD were Discount until recently. 

7 hours ago, dog said:

My FCD is now Discount 

All other credits are Payment now 

previously all were discount 

they are in process of making changes. My personalizer is correct & now I am signed into app again tonight 

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

But what is the difference between "discount" and "payment?"  Insurance is still 8% of the cruise fare.  Taxes, fees, port charges should still be refundable as still not insured

Ok. Found this on another CC thread:

https://www.princess.com/plan/fcc-onboard-cruise-credits/ 

still sorting through it. 

@Steelers36that I understand but let me throw something out there. 7yo Gd will not get vaccinated (her mom's decision) and she has FCC from a March 2020 canceled Grand Princess cruise. Is this now refundable or transferable to another person on that cruise who paid the bill (me)? Or does it just expire worthless??

4 minutes ago, Ombud said:

@Steelers36that I understand but let me throw something out there. 7yo Gd will not get vaccinated (her mom's decision) and she has FCC from a March 2020 canceled Grand Princess cruise. Is this now refundable or transferable to another person on that cruise who paid the bill (me)? Or does it just expire worthless??

My reading is that there is no way for her to use it if she is not part of a booking.  You can get a refund of the base amount prior to expiry date, but she will lose any cancellation bonus amount that Princess granted for the Pause.  The language clearly states non-transferable.

Now, that said, if her parents are sailing and explain she cannot sail due to not being vaccinated, whether CR would make an exception or not since a minor child, I have no idea.

How does Princess apply FCC - as in we paid in $1,000 and got double when our cruise was cancelled.

So we had in our account $2,000 FCC.  If we book a cruise for $1,500 of covered cost, which FCC does Princess apply 'first'

I guess I'm asking if the remaining $ 500 is refundable or not ?

Like OBC on board - Princess applies NON-refundable first to charges, then any remaining refundable OBC not used will be refunded in the form of a check

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ombud said:

Ok. Found this on another CC thread:

https://www.princess.com/plan/fcc-onboard-cruise-credits/

Thanks for sharing that.  It would have been helpful if Princess included a link to this info on the page that displays the FCCs.

It seems that they intended for FCDs to appear as a discount type so my displayed FCCs / FCDs are finally tagged appropriately.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, voljeep said:

How does Princess apply FCC - as in we paid in $1,000 and got double when our cruise was cancelled.

So we had in our account $2,000 FCC.  If we book a cruise for $1,500 of covered cost, which FCC does Princess apply 'first'

I guess I'm asking if the remaining $ 500 is refundable or not ?

Like OBC on board - Princess applies NON-refundable first to charges, then any remaining refundable OBC not used will be refunded in the form of a check

I am not sure that applies in this case. The entire $2000 cannot be applied to the cruise if the cruise fare is only $1500. The remaining $500 may or may not be refundable at some point. As I remember the Princess terms, the FCC that represents money paid (not the bonus FCC) is refundable if no part of it has been used. Since $500 of the refundable $1000 has been used, the remaining $500 is not refundable per the terms.

But, who knows if the terms are actually being applied.