Live on Caribbean Princess 12/12 12/19

Eddie1

4 hours ago, Bgwest said:

As @Eddie1 advises,  most of the time it’s really good. During our first two days out, download has varied between 10 mbps to 80 mbps. 

Although, this second test was done only about 10 minutes after the first.
FE84BBCE-D37A-4964-A033-B1B914C0D291.thumb.jpeg.87196722f6e653e4b95b7f5839bf838f.jpeg

The speeds we enjoyed on the CB have consistently bested the speeds on the Emerald by a LOT. Last month on the Emerald in generally  the same waters/latitudes about the best download speeds were in the range of 3 mbps. 

We’ve always found this to be odd given the similarity of the ships. 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 2

20 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

St. Kitts has relaxed restrictions, and all vaccinated cruisers are free to venture out independently, however masks are required and proof of vaccine must be shown to enter stores and attractions.

So, is the Island DR the traditional DR midship?
As opposed to anytime dining in the Coral DR?

Thanks so much! Thanks!

We are cruising on the Caribbean Princess in a couple of weeks. SO EXCITED to be cruising again!  Are masks pretty much required indoors only while on the ship, or are they needed in outdoor areas as well?  I haven’t cruised since the pandemic began so am SO interested to see how it will be but also SO happy that cruises are happening again!  Enjoy your trip! 🙂

On 12/14/2021 at 2:24 PM, Justaguy33 said:

Love seeing the Patters! Did they start with the digital version yet where you have to opt to get the paper ones delivered?  Wife said we will get the paper ones.

I'll be interested about St. Kitts and St. Thomas, like if you go anywhere on an excursion.  I'm guessing we are still in a bubble and can't roam any?  

We did a local excursion today in St. Thomas. It was about 2 1/2 hours. Our driver was the owner of the vehicle. We met him by chance in the walkway out of the pier. He toured the island stopping at about 6 locations for pictures. He charged us $50 per couple. It was well worth it. He knew the island and explained so much to us. The 3 other couples agreed he was great. So I guess you can say the island was open for business and a great day was had.

If you are interested his bus is blue (there are dozens of them but his is blue and it says (Best Taxi). His name is Junior Henry. Great guy and great tour. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Wendy C said:

We are cruising on the Caribbean Princess in a couple of weeks. SO EXCITED to be cruising again!  Are masks pretty much required indoors only while on the ship, or are they needed in outdoor areas as well?  I haven’t cruised since the pandemic began so am SO interested to see how it will be but also SO happy that cruises are happening again!  Enjoy your trip! 🙂

We sailed on the Caribbean Princess Nov 28- Dec 5, first cruise in exactly 2 years and we had a wonderful cruise. We were so pleasantly surprised that we booked another cruise on the CP for this Sunday the 19th, this will be our 64th cruise but the first time for Christmas. The ship was at about 52% capacity. Food and entertainment were very good and the service was excellent. We didn't know what to expect but we had no issues. It was tough wearing the masks for longer period of times like in the showroom but we lived with it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wendy C said:

They are required inside. Outside they aren't. In St.T they are required indoors.

4 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

So, is the Island DR the traditional DR midship?
As opposed to anytime dining in the Coral DR?

Thanks so much! Thanks!

It sounds like you haven't cruised or read these boards in a while.

There is no more traditional dining.

It's all Dine My Way now.

You can (supposedly) try to sign up for the same time every night but people are reporting that that's not working so well.

Read this:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2795666-dine-my-way-all-new-dining-questions-since-cruising-restart/

5 minutes ago, chamima said:

You can (supposedly) try to sign up for the same time every night but people are reporting that that's not working so well.

Read this:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2795666-dine-my-way-all-new-dining-questions-since-cruising-restart/

I have the same time every night in the same DR.  Except for the 2 nights we were able to book specialty dining.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, suekel said:

I have the same time every night in the same DR.  Except for the 2 nights we were able to book specialty dining.  

Thank you suekel for answering.

Are you on the CB now?

I have read many forums about DMW and a lot of cruisers have said they have same table and waiters for the whole cruise.

It may not be called TD anymore, but I’ve booked same time every night and picked the DR on my next 8 cruises.

Seems ships differ in how DMW works.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, chamima said:

Read this:

Are you OB the CB now?  I’ve read a lot of the forums, including a lot of live ones since August.  A lot of various ways the

ships are handling same time every night dining.
My question was about the CB, to see if it makes any difference which DR you book?  Do they all offer to seat you

same table every night, or does it make any difference at all?

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Thank you suekel for answering.

Are you on the CB now?

I have read many forums about DMW and a lot of cruisers have said they have same table and waiters for the whole cruise.

It may not be called TD anymore, but I’ve booked same time every night and picked the DR on my next 8 cruises.

Seems ships differ in how DMW works.

No, I'm not on until January 8.  I've had issues with the app but lately, it's all good.  Seems like traditional dining to me, guess we'll have to wait and see if we have the same table mates every night.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, suekel said:

No, I'm not on until January 8.  I've had issues with the app but lately, it's all good.  Seems like traditional dining to me, guess we'll have to wait and see if we have the same table mates every night.  

Same here.  Thanks!

Oddly enough, out of all the cruises I've been on, I think this is the first time I've had a port stop cancelled.  I'll trust the Captain's judgment on this one, it looked pretty windy with rain squalls earlier, and the ship was listing about 3 degrees to port earlier.  I think they have stabilized her for now.

14 hours ago, rick160158 said:

In the gym, are you required to wear your mask, "if you are jogging on the treadmill "? I can understand wearing a mask when doing weights, but cardio, that's difficult to breath with a mask on.

I've been trying to answer this for you since yesterday but having trouble with CC.

The fitness center is not on the Princess list of places where masks are required as stated on their website (again, trouble posting the link here).  DH reported that when he was there on the recumbent bike, of the handful of people in there, no masks. I did Zumba as well at Club Fusion and no masks. I think it is excluded as a high exertion activity.   Everyone I saw wore masks into the event and when they left. There was social distancing. Then again, we were at 45% capacity so it was easy to do.

• Like 1