What time does online checkin open?

CarolinaMamma

I know I can check in 21 days before the cruise, which is tomorrow for me. Does it start at 12:01 a.m? 8 a.m?  

I am hoping to snag an early testing and boarding time, so want to check in as early as possible.  We are in the Haven, so I know we get to board early, but have read others’ comments about only being able to get a later testing time. 

Today is 21 days for us .  Only 6 slots were available for boarding the ship at 10am and by the time I read all the information, only 1 slot was available so we opted for 10:30-11am. Signed up for the CVS covid test, got our barcode, completed the forms and now just waiting for our E-docs.  Ready to go!

• Like 2

I logged in and did all 3 of us at midnight (12am) on day 21.  Word of warning.  double check that your email is confirmed. This tied me up as it took me a while to realize what wasn't completing.  Also you need to watch the video each time for each check-in and you can't pause or fast forward. Otherwise it doesn't count and you have to watch it again.  Due to my missing my email confirmation, My husband is at 9am and son and I are at 9:30am.   We will all just go with Hubby at 9am as we are all in the same cabin.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Diver2014 said:

Today is 21 days for us .  Only 6 slots were available for boarding the ship at 10am and by the time I read all the information, only 1 slot was available so we opted for 10:30-11am. Signed up for the CVS covid test, got our barcode, completed the forms and now just waiting for our E-docs.  Ready to go!

Thanks for the helpful info. What time did you check in? I’m guessing the hubs and I need to stay up til midnight tonight! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CarolinaMamma said:

Thanks for the helpful info. What time did you check in? I’m guessing the hubs and I need to stay up til midnight tonight! 

around 11am this morning. I don't think there is a big rush to get online unless you really, really need an early check in time at the pier (10am was the earliest). 

I was able to finish my check in at 12:01am on Christmas day for my January 15th sailing on Joy. I only had the health and safety section to do and I was able to choose a 9:00AM arrival time. 

By yesterday morning my edocs were ready to print. 

No issues and now I'm ready to go. 

20 days! 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

Very helpful topic.  Do you need the CVS barcode for the checkin or after?  

We got our CVS bar codes as part of the on line check in process.  One thing that confused me.....on the first online check in page for CVS, it said to confirm your ' guest reference ID number'.  I have no idea where to find that so I just hit 'continue' and was able to register with CVS for the test and get my bar code.  I may need a bar without a code by the time we finally get on the ship!

2 hours ago, Diver2014 said:

We got our CVS bar codes as part of the on line check in process.  One thing that confused me.....on the first online check in page for CVS, it said to confirm your ' guest reference ID number'.  I have no idea where to find that so I just hit 'continue' and was able to register with CVS for the test and get my bar code.  I may need a bar without a code by the time we finally get on the ship!

Thank you.  I was going to make my own CVS reservation as I did not know it is part of the check in process.   Since my husband and I already have CVS accounts, my guess is I would need our usernames and passwords then for the check in process?

1 hour ago, vacation44 said:

Thank you.  I was going to make my own CVS reservation as I did not know it is part of the check in process.   Since my husband and I already have CVS accounts, my guess is I would need our usernames and passwords then for the check in process?

No, you don't need a CVS account.  That's what the 'guest reference ID number' is for - I was told that is the number assigned by NCL to each passenger for CVS to use to identify you since not everyone has a CVS account. It's all in the online check in, very easy.  I completed check in last night and we had our E Docs this morning with a bar code for the test and a bar code with the guest reference ID number for each of us.  They just use a scanner when you check in at the terminal and send you on thru.  Easy way to check in instead of going to a counter in the terminal to have personnel check you in.  Even I was able to figure it all out online and I'm somewhat technically challenged. 

4 minutes ago, kayjay76 said:

Is the CVS reservation the test you take at the pier? We check in in 4 days and trying to work everything out in my head so I don't get confused lol.

Yes, depending on the port, either CVS or Eurofins.  One thing I wish I had done earlier was take our pictures and have them transferred to my desktop.  I wanted to check in on the desktop rather than my smarter-than-me phone, and it took some time to get the picture situation sorted out.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, julie3fan said:

Yes, depending on the port, either CVS or Eurofins.  One thing I wish I had done earlier was take our pictures and have them transferred to my desktop.  I wanted to check in on the desktop rather than my smarter-than-me phone, and it took some time to get the picture situation sorted out.  

I emailed my pic so it was available on the laptop.  Can't do much with my smartphone either!

• Like 1

Its weird that sometimes they do ask you for such documents and sometimes they dont. I mean its hard to believe that you can board without presenting vacciantion certificate or PCR. In any case, I hope they know what they are doing

3 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

Its weird that sometimes they do ask you for such documents and sometimes they dont. I mean its hard to believe that you can board without presenting vacciantion certificate or PCR. In any case, I hope they know what they are doing

You can't even get into the testing area, much less board, without showing your vaccination card.

14 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

I think I had to show my vac card and passport multiple times before I got on board.  Other docs not so much -everything was in their system already.

Thanks for the great info! We had all our information ready, checked in at midnight, and were able to snag 9-9:30 testing slots!  Looking forward to having our vacation begin as soon as possible. 

For those reading this in the future, here’s what you will need to complete check in, though I think you can skip straight to the health and safety section and get your test time, then go back and fill in the other stuff later:

- Passport number and expiration date

- Flight numbers,  arrival and departure times 

- Photo 

- Primary and secondary phone numbers. (They verify the primary one with a text) 

- Email (they will send a verification link). 
- Emergency contact (not traveling with you) name and phone number.

- Credit card number for onboard expenses.

Remember to screen shot or download the barcode you get from CVS for Covid testing, as this will expedite the process at the pier.

• Like 1

The CVS bar code and your Guest Reference ID number bar code are all in your E Docs.  I printed our E Docs because I don't trust being able to find anything on my IPhone.  I like having that piece of paper in my hand.  Plus you have to print your luggage tags out from the link in your E Docs.  Gosh, remember the old days when the cruise line sent you a 'wallet' with your tickets, guest contract and ID tags (with the elastic loop) in the mail?  I still have some of them as souvenirs, in a box somewhere.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CarolinaMamma said:

Thanks for the great info! We had all our information ready, checked in at midnight, and were able to snag 9-9:30 testing slots!  Looking forward to having our vacation begin as soon as possible. 

For those reading this in the future, here’s what you will need to complete check in, though I think you can skip straight to the health and safety section and get your test time, then go back and fill in the other stuff later:

- Passport number and expiration date

- Flight numbers,  arrival and departure times 

- Photo 

- Primary and secondary phone numbers. (They verify the primary one with a text) 

- Email (they will send a verification link). 
- Emergency contact (not traveling with you) name and phone number.

- Credit card number for onboard expenses.

Remember to screen shot or download the barcode you get from CVS for Covid testing, as this will expedite the process at the pier.

Thank you!   We sail February 12th so I am starting to get anxious about the procedure.

Have an wonderful cruise!