Live from the Viking Star World Cruise 2021-22

JM0115

20 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

So as y’all are nearing the end, would like input from those of you who are in V and DV staterooms.  Do you regret the decision to not book a PV?  Mike and I hope to book the WC in 2024 or 2025 and while we know we would enjoy the extra space, storage, and pressing of the PV we can’t quite rationalize the additional $40,000 (presuming pricing stays the same which we know it won’t😢)

Great question.  I too am waiting for the answer

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

Clay - Having survived 3 weeks in an ES1, we are more than happy to get back to our lowly DV4. That $40K would be a nice deposit on another WC.

I keep questioning my DV4 on World Cruise Dec 2023, but your answer is quite reassuring.  I am so looking forward to hearing about your cruise which seems to be coming up fast.

Alert for passengers going on to Bergen as we are (were. )  Checked flight from Bergen to Copenhagen to Munich to Boston.  Flying Lufthansa except for SAS from Bergen to Copenhagen.  Flight from Bergen NOT booked although other legs confirmed.  Some issue over surcharges.  Ultimately, changed flight through Viking Air+ to Heathrow, UK to Munich to Boston. But, now getting off in the UK rather than staying on for the two extra days. If any of you are counting on flight from Bergen to any other European, major airport to fly back to the US, please check with Guest Services now.

14 minutes ago, Redwarrior68 said:

Alert for passengers going on to Bergen as we are (were. )  Checked flight from Bergen to Copenhagen to Munich to Boston.  Flying Lufthansa except for SAS from Bergen to Copenhagen.  Flight from Bergen NOT booked although other legs confirmed.  Some issue over surcharges.  Ultimately, changed flight through Viking Air+ to Heathrow, UK to Munich to Boston. But, now getting off in the UK rather than staying on for the two extra days. If any of you are counting on flight from Bergen to any other European, major airport to fly back to the US, please check with Guest Services now.

Our flight from Stockholm to Frankfurt to Orlando on United operated by Lufthansa looks fine. All good here.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2022 at 3:50 PM, JM0115 said:

We had a nice “party” today for those attending the wine tastings. We had such a great time on board!78C2B011-AB3C-48AB-A793-97458AC51914.thumb.jpeg.5958b49e1469157bb5335f05897acc2c.jpeg9451FD01-F03D-4DE5-9699-FD1D0C4E24FD.thumb.jpeg.e3504a5df6528d031014b5e0e128fc6b.jpeg

We must have missed something. Every time we tried to sign up for a wine tasting, they were full. Did the tastings only go to the high end rooms? Was this a private group? 

6 hours ago, annxstitch said:

I keep questioning my DV4 on World Cruise Dec 2023, but your answer is quite reassuring.  I am so looking forward to hearing about your cruise which seems to be coming up fast.

Booked a V2 GTY on Greek Odyssey Dec. 2021,Venus. Got upgraded to DV4 deck 4 midships.  Very satisfied with cabin and location.

6 hours ago, GKTV32162 said:
World Cruise Day 134/152 - Portsmouth, England - The wind-down has started

Thanks for all of the posts.  I really enjoyed all of them and most I was able to read them the same day at a late breakfast from the US West Coast.

Today I see this post from, gasp yesterday!  I am east of you know.  We board Sky today in Istanbul.  We spoke to passengers on the inbound Sky yesterday who were on same excursion different group as us who are on a pre excursion.

Thanks again for your daily posts.

9 hours ago, ldpetrillo said:

We must have missed something. Every time we tried to sign up for a wine tasting, they were full. Did the tastings only go to the high end rooms? Was this a private group? 

They were not so clear about who or how to attend the wine tastings. It was open to any and all and you could just show up and they would accommodate any who came.  There were two or three that were charged (high priced wines) but the rest were free. Sorry you missed it.

12 hours ago, GKTV32162 said:

@GKTV32162 Thank you Garry for your blog throughout the journey. I hope you will keep them public as it is a great way to recall the voyage and refresh our memories.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JM0115 said:

@GKTV32162 Thank you Garry for your blog throughout the journey. I hope you will keep them public as it is a great way to recall the voyage and refresh our memories.

It has been my pleasure. I have no plans to take them away and I will continue updating through Homelands. Thanks for coordinating this communication medium.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

16 hours ago, GKTV32162 said:

I have been following your blog since the beginning and have found it fascinating. As we have been to a lot of the ports during our 45 cruises, it brought back wonderful memories.

Your details of ship life gave me much to look forward to as we have booked our 1st Viking cruise for 28 nights early next year.

Thank you Garry and wish you all the best.

Brian

• Like 2

My thanks to all the World Cruise folks who have shared their adventures with us on CC and FB as well.  A big thank you to @JM0115 who originally welcomed me to this roll call when I was going on the cruise. Hope we can sail together someday.

A special shout out to @GKTV32162 for the blogs. We were on the same Iceland cruise in July 2021 and never met them in person but maybe our paths will cross again some day. I will miss my daily blog reading.

We are now booked on the Neptune 2023-2024 World Cruise and since we had canceled this one the day before we were to sail the price has jumped a lot. We were in a PV for this cruise and will now be in a DV. At least we will have drawers in the closet and a much newer ship. I hope our internet will be better as well. Safe travels to those going home or for those staying aboard may you continue to have a great time with Viking.

Diana

• Like 7

Thank you so much to taking all of us along on your wonderful World Cruise. I  appreciate all your posts and best wishes to you and your wife on your future adventures.

this final celebrations speaks volumes about the interaction among the crew,  officers and the passengers. Bravo.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Liz Masterson said:

Every night before bed I read this thread and 3 Blogs on the WC. So now what will sustain my wanderlust?  Sigh....

Well, you've got two more weeks worth of my ramblings coming as we are continuing on the Viking Homelands to Stockholm until May 25.😀

• Like 8