Grand Turk stop cancelled?

luvdaislands

I’m wondering where you’re seeing this @luvdaislands. I’m on the 1/29 as well and I still see it in my cruise planner, through the reservation system, etc. With the 48 hour testing requirement for San Juan I don’t think we can really count on calling there any longer, this may quickly become a week at sea.

Edited by fold

14 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Allure is too big to get in until the redredging   .. they missed it. 

The fact that Allure was scheduled to call at Grand Turk is pretty astonishing in itself.  It's a Carnival-built port, lock stock and barrel.   And if Mardi Gras has too deep a draft to fit, an Oasis-class would certainly draft too much.  

Oddly enough, I've been to Grand Turk on Independence of the Seas, a bigger ship than any Carnival ship at that time, and we had no problems.  (It was a charter cruise, and Royal must have really begged Carnival for the slot.)

• Thanks 1

I still see this call listed on my planner, and John Heald posted this yesterday so I assume the dock has been dredged and, covid positivity rates willing, we should be able to visit GT during our 1/29 cruise.

"It’s brilliant news that finally we can take our flagship Mardi Gras to Grand Turk this Thursday and on voyages beyond."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/30/2021 at 7:17 PM, jsglow said:

I've read in multiple places that the pier ocean bed is still too shallow to accommodate Mardi Gras.  Other Carnival ships are okay.

We stopped there Jan.6th without a problem.  Beautiful!

On 12/31/2021 at 10:56 AM, LarryCruiser said:

We were on Sunshine and stopped in GT a few days ago. And a Princess ship was there as well. 

On 12/31/2021 at 12:17 AM, SOPHIHEYY said:

It's still on out 1/2 MG itinerary im not sue why they haven't changed it or canceled the port, at this point we're just going with the flow 🙂

So did you dock at Grand Turk on the MG? Thanks!

14 minutes ago, luvdaislands said:

So did you dock at Grand Turk on the MG? Thanks!

There was a picture posted of Mardi Gras docked and welcomed to Grand Turk. Seems whatever dredging work was needed has been completed.

On 12/30/2021 at 10:27 PM, fold said:

I’m wondering where you’re seeing this @luvdaislands. I’m on the 1/29 as well and I still see it in my cruise planner, through the reservation system, etc. With the 48 hour testing requirement for San Juan I don’t think we can really count on calling there any longer, this may quickly become a week at sea.

On my manager it doesn't list GT, but if I go to calendar in the planner itinerary it shows the stop on day 6. Hope I'm wrong and that Carnival would not show GT if it's cancelled- it has become our favorite port.  See ya' on board!

BTW we're bridge players, looking for games on sea days after lunch.

On 12/30/2021 at 3:58 PM, Green4me said:

I'm supposed to be there next Wednesday on the Mardi Gras, still showing and several tours are listed as sold out, like cabanas fingers crossed.  We sail Sunday 1/02.

Would really appreciate your saying whether the Mardi Gras made the stop. 

Many thanks!

On 1/23/2022 at 2:08 PM, sunshower9 said:

I just got off the Mardi Gras yesterday (1/15 sailing) and we stopped at Grand Turk.  It was my first time there and I had a great time!

Thank you, Sunshower! Hopefully our February 12th sailing gets to stop! Never been to this port😄