St Martin and San Juan out...

Bgcruising

Doing a b2b2b right now and we just got word that we wont be stopping at St Martin and San Juan due to both requiring a covid test prior to entering. Not here to argue, those are facts for those that may be interested.  They are replacing St Martin with Antigua, and no word on a replacement for San Juan.

Edited by Bgcruising
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Bgcruising changed the title to St Martin and San Juan out...

Yup...Testing all Pax (and possibly the crew) will result in positives, on board positives have to be reported to the CDC when the sailings have US port visits/embarkations/dis-embarkations.  Too many infections changes the ships CDC color, could lead to being denied at other ports, could affect future sailings and the media could report the sailing as an "outbreak".  Too many possible negatives, this is why cruise lines avoid on board testing everyone to visit a port.

Edited by NutsAboutGolf
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Yup...Testing all Pax (and possibly the crew) will result in positives, on board positives have to be reported to the CDC when the sailings have US ports visit/embarkation/dis-embarkation.  Too many infections changes the ships CDC color, could lead to be denied other ports, could affect future sailings and the media could report the sailing as an "outbreak".  This is why cruise lines avoid on board testing everyone to visit a port.

Im wondering how many positive cases they would get back if they tested everyone that went in and out of Disney or Wal Mart like they do on cruise ships. Personally, i know someone that works at wal-mart that isnt vaccinated and has had covid.

Edited by matymil
  • Like 11

Been many years since I've been to Antigua.  Will keep an eye out for our cruise in a month.  Staying flexible, within reason. Not interested in another trip to Bimini and Nassau at our current price point for sure.  It'll be interesting to see how this play out over the next 30 days.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jnicktem said:

Dang. I’m leaving on the Magic on the 15th and we are supposed to stop at both of those ports. I haven’t heard of any changes yet so I wonder if Carnival is hoping things can change in the next 2 weeks?

It could change day by day so possibly. 

8 hours ago, jnicktem said:

Dang. I’m leaving on the Magic on the 15th and we are supposed to stop at both of those ports. I haven’t heard of any changes yet so I wonder if Carnival is hoping things can change in the next 2 weeks?

We are on the Magic on the 15th also. 1st part of b2b.  Watching it close for further chance to get fcc.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bgcruising said:

Doing a b2b2b right now and we just got word that we wont be stopping at St Martin and San Juan due to both requiring a covid test prior to entering. Not here to argue, those are facts for those that may be interested.  They are replacing St Martin with Antigua, and no word on a replacement for San Juan.

The letter appears to contain the answer on replacement for San Juan. There isn't one.

12 hours ago, Trueblueky said:

The letter appears to contain the answer on replacement for San Juan. There isn't one.

I would consider that a win. I will take an extra sea day over San Juan any day.

Guest BasicSailor
1 hour ago, crewsweeper said:

RCCL ships aren't going to Antigua because the dock at St John is not finished.   Wonder where Carnival ships are docking?  Nelson's Harbor is relatively small as I recall.

Wondering if they're going to use the lifeboats to transport them to shore. 

I'm glad we don't have a January sailing booked. I'd imagine other shoes will drop over the next few weeks.

Our next cruise booked is on 2/26. Hopefully Omicron will be fading fast by then (the same way it's going "to the moon" right now).

Tom

• Like 2