For those who have tested at CVS - a couple of questions

7 hours ago, Ashland said:

CVS online won't let you double book appts. We found one (location) with an earlier time of day and when trying to schedule it prompted to cancel the one at the original location before it would process it. Just hoping it all works out for our test on Saturday to sail on Monday.

Did you need to make a separate appt for your spouse or partner?

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Has anyone tried calling a local Walgreen's and asking them what is going on?

Yes, I tried calling to get some information and all they said was they have no information and anything to do with appointments is done online.

Edited by SF
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/11/2022 at 7:14 PM, Lorey2007 said:

Good luck if you have time come back here & let me know how it went.

I said I would come back...and here I am....Had our test done at 11:30am this morning. I had signed us both up for the CVS MyAccount before going and we had a text and email within 20 minutes of leaving CVS. Printed out our hard copy from my desk top of our Negative results and good to sail on Monday. CVS made everything so easy. Best of luck to you.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I said I would come back...and here I am....Had our test done at 11:30am this morning. I had signed us both up for the CVS MyAccount before going and we had a text and email within 20 minutes of leaving CVS. Printed out our hard copy from my desk top of our Negative results and good to sail on Monday. CVS made everything so easy. Best of luck to you.

Have a great cruise on Monday. We just got back yesterday. Ship is as clean as a whistle,  crew exceptionally friendly and bend over backwards helpful.  All bars, lounges and showrooms up and running. Live music everywhere at night.

• Thanks 1

On 1/14/2022 at 5:52 AM, Lorey2007 said:

Did you need to make a separate appt for your spouse or partner?

Separate appointments yes.  My wife and I had a three hour gap between appointments but we walked in together and had no problem getting tested at the same time. Results on phone in 20 minutes.

53 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Thanks I'm going to try & get the CVS appt's but may get the emed ones as a backup. We are doing the same itinerary as you 2-21. Have a great cruise I hope none of the ports get cancelled. I can't wait to cruise. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

Thanks again for posting. When you return please post a thread & let us know all about your 7 night Navigator Mexican Riviera cruise. I'll be watching for it. Have a great time

• Like 1

We are on the Celebrity Apex on 1/29. Yesterday I booked a rapid test at a CVS in Orlando for 1/27, and this morning I booked backup appointments for 1/28. We have gone the CVS route three prior times, once in FL twice in CT with no issues. 

Hopefully that trend will continue.

mac_tlc

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ashland said:

I am so glad it worked out for you guys.  Wish we could have done that instead of ending up with an incomplete kit this morning and having to find a testing site.  Good news we both tested negative so we get to join you on Monday but talk about pre cruise stress.

• Like 2

On 1/1/2022 at 3:28 PM, handbellplayer said:

I have made appointments at CVS for our pre-cruise COVID test (rapid antigen) for two weeks from yesterday.  I know mileage may vary, but in general:  1) How long did the test itself take (waiting an testing) and 2) how long did you wait for results?  We are on a tight schedule that day and need to plan accordingly.

I have purchased the home tests as a backup.  Should I make appointments at Walgreen's in case CVS cancels?  Am I overthinking and overplanning? 😁

I waited about 15 minutes to be called in to begin my test. Once I left CVS, I had my results in about 45 minutes even though they told me it could be up to a few hours to get results.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, shoptom said:

I booked rapid tests at both CVS and Walgreens for safety and here are the results:

Walgreens negative confirmed in almost exactly three hours.

CVS negative confirmed in almost exactly three days.

What CVS was this at? Was it the Rapid Antigen test or the PCR test? 

• Like 1