Live chat on Jan 2

mina

I have been trying to get thru all morning since they opened and can not.  Have others gotten thru or are you getting message that we are offline and to try later?  Chat is supposed to be open today from 6 am pacific to 6 pm.  Thank you.

4 minutes ago, Coral said:

Sundays are poorly staffed in Princess offices.

I know.  But the call in lines have been closed for a few days and I am missing out on a price reduction that just came up and today is final payment day so I will not be able to take advantage tomorrow .  

1 minute ago, mina said:

I know.  But the call in lines have been closed for a few days and I am missing out on a price reduction that just came up and today is final payment day so I will not be able to take advantage tomorrow .  

Good luck!

I got through after two hours, but was disconnected in the middle of the chat.  Second success lasted just seconds, couldn’t even provide my name and phone number before being disconnected.  Currently chatting with Aubrey, fingers crossed that this one will last long enough to cancel and rebook.

Aubrey asked me what my reason is for canceling/rebooking 😅

• Like 1

A business that operates 365 days a year should never be short staffed or have holiday hours. My wife and I worked in careers that included working different shifts and holidays. I can count on 1 hand how man Christmas days I had off, same with Thanksgiving and other holidays. The good news with me was that we were paid double time for 10 holidays a year.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I got through after two hours, but was disconnected in the middle of the chat.  Second success lasted just seconds, couldn’t even provide my name and phone number before being disconnected.  Currently chatting with Aubrey, fingers crossed that this one will last long enough to cancel and rebook.

Aubrey asked me what my reason is for canceling/rebooking 😅

Same thing happened to me.  I stopped writing my full request in the form once I got it to pop up just to try not to get disconnected. I just put In the word help.  I finally got thru and it was Aubrey who helped me too.  Maybe she is the only one working or they all use the same name lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mina said:

Same thing happened to me.  I stopped writing my full request in the form once I got it to pop up just to try not to get disconnected. I just put In the word help.  I finally got thru and it was Aubrey who helped me too.  Maybe she is the only one working or they all use the same name lol.

The one that disconnected me earlier today was Bridgette.  Aubrey was really good.  She kept letting me know when it was taking a bit of time for the step she was on.  The cruise has been successfully rebooked and the only issue is that she added insurance to the new cruise that wasn’t on the original one.  I am waiting to see if my third-party insurance can be transferred, then I will call or chat again to have it removed.  I am both sad that we won’t be cruising next week and relieved.

Edited to add:  We had $126 in FCC that wasn’t applied.  The money paid for the January cruise was transferred directly to the new cruise, so possibly we can’t use that $126.  I will find out when the wait times have been reduced.

Edited by ZoeyVictoria

2 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

The one that disconnected me earlier today was Bridgette.  Aubrey was really good.  She kept letting me know when it was taking a bit of time for the step she was on.  The cruise has been successfully rebooked and the only issue is that she added insurance to the new cruise that wasn’t on the original one.  I am waiting to see if my third-party insurance can be transferred, then I will call or chat again to have it removed.  I am both sad that we won’t be cruising next week and relieved.

Did you have to cancel and rebook, or could have canceled and taken the FCC to rebook in the future?

1 hour ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Edited to add:  We had $126 in FCC that wasn’t applied.  The money paid for the January cruise was transferred directly to the new cruise, so possibly we can’t use that $126.  I will find out when the wait times have been reduced.

I found a third discrepancy.  Transfers ($76) were also added to the new booking.  It certainly wasn’t carried over from the canceled booking because we live three hours from the port and have never flown to a Princess cruise.  The insurance and transfers combined with unused FCC (from a price drop on the canceled cruise) add up to $297.  

Since Princess is allowing Jan. cruises to be rescheduled, we are attempting to do so. I have an email into our TA, but in the meantime, I used Princess' online chat. It took several attempts, but I finally chatted with "Brian" who was quite nice but ultimately said I had to contact my TA. Kinda wish he'd led with that, for I felt I wasted his time (he did spent several minutes looking up my booking and then asking why I wanted to reschedule). So...heads up if you're trying to reschedule/rebook and already have a TA.

1 hour ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I found a third discrepancy.  Transfers ($76) were also added to the new booking.  It certainly wasn’t carried over from the canceled booking because we live three hours from the port and have never flown to a Princess cruise.  The insurance and transfers combined with unused FCC (from a price drop on the canceled cruise) add up to $297.  

Usually transfers and insurance on a booking is a default and needs to be removed (vs added manually). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LostFan#1 said:

Since Princess is allowing Jan. cruises to be rescheduled, we are attempting to do so. I have an email into our TA, but in the meantime, I used Princess' online chat. It took several attempts, but I finally chatted with "Brian" who was quite nice but ultimately said I had to contact my TA. Kinda wish he'd led with that, for I felt I wasted his time (he did spent several minutes looking up my booking and then asking why I wanted to reschedule). So...heads up if you're trying to reschedule/rebook and already have a TA.

That is my understanding.

I just got off a chat. I was told by Bridgette that we could get FCC, did not have to immediately rebook. She also said if we already had a cruise booked we could apply the FCC to it. I am booked through a TA so we’ll see what he finds out tomorrow. 

4 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Sorry, I intended to rebook so there was no discussion about other options.  

Assume your rebook was at current rates. If there was a price and perks protection I might reconsider booking the same cruise at a later date. 

51 minutes ago, lhsail said:

Assume your rebook was at current rates. If there was a price and perks protection I might reconsider booking the same cruise at a later date. 

I rebooked at current rates, but the difference was only $28 total.  I was asked if I wanted the same promo the canceled cruise was booked under.  This is the sixth time I have booked this particular cruise; the first five were canceled during the pause in operations.

3 hours ago, Coral said:

Usually transfers and insurance on a booking is a default and needs to be removed (vs added manually). 

Thank you.  I have cruised with Princess only twice before, in 2014 and 2016, and am not really that familiar with their procedures.

• Like 1

The March 10 cruise I am hoping to book into replace our current 19 Jan. one is much more expensive than what we paid. We would not even consider paying additional $100s and $100s. So I am certainly trusting we will have fare and perks protection. Certainly hoping I can talk to/email with my TA tomorrow. 

9 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I rebooked at current rates, but the difference was only $28 total.  I was asked if I wanted the same promo the canceled cruise was booked under.  This is the sixth time I have booked this particular cruise; the first five were canceled during the pause in operations.

Thank you. Yes, we are trying to use FCC from a canceled cruise in March/April 2020. We were so certain this timing would work. 

1 minute ago, lhsail said:

Thank you. Yes, we are trying to use FCC from a canceled cruise in March/April 2020. We were so certain this timing would work. 

I never had any concerns about a January 2022 cruise, especially after having sailed six times already since the restart.  I found this decision to be extremely stressful, way more than the others, probably because I thought all of the drama was behind us and it would be smooth sailing by this point.  

• Thanks 1