Just entered isolation/quarantine on Constellation

Quarantined

Tested negative today and will board on the 14th in Tampa fog willing. They did move our cabin within same area for some reason on deck 7. Everyone should recheck boarding passes and reprint if necessary. We most likely won't leave the ship for 10 days. Been there done that.

020909_79.JPG

Edited by semibeater
left out info
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Perrier Jouet…nice!  Beats the hell out of a hospital!  I hope you get out of quarantine soon.  Did I understand you to say that you actually had Covid back when, were vaccinated twice after that and now have Covid a second time??  If that is so then I would guess that the antibodies are speeding your recovery and lessening the intensity of you current flu??  Hoping that you get well soon and thanks so much for posting.  This has been an interesting thread.

Thank you. Yes, that’s correct, I’m twice vaxxed and had covid before that, about 8 months ago. I would therefore assume that it’s omicron this time (though I can’t be certain of course). And yes, as far as I understand it breakthrough infections are typically quite mild, especially when vaxxed. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JaneStarr said:

Thanks so much for your reassuring reports and upbeat attitude. Glad to hear that you  are feeling good!

I have a quick question: 

Do you happen to know if the test given onboard to close contacts is a PCR or antigen test? I ask because close friends just recovered from Covid and are due to cruise in a few weeks. My concern is that they “pass” an antigen test to board but then are tested positive by PCR as close contacts due to residual dead viral particles that can be detected up to 90 days.

The test was a comprehensive PCR-test for not only covid, but also RS-virus and Flu strains A and B. 

The doctor was thorough in asking about not only vaccination history, but also about previous infection etc for both covid and flu so I would assume they can handle the situation you describe as long as the person does not have any of the symptoms related to covid. 

• Like 1

So, an update:

Time passes quite slowly here, and I’m a bit bored and restless, but completely healthy again. 

For lunch I’ve alternated between ordering Indian food from the buffet (where my wife sends me pictures of what’s available), and the Luminae burger. All very tasty. 

AA5A4F48-3A73-49AB-B765-A7E146FEB26E.jpeg

7802103C-689B-450D-8914-0D3AC9878A3C.jpeg

3DA926D9-2E3A-4049-9BE3-2A705AAC8C87.jpeg

F89ACF8A-94EA-440E-A950-380A8E898C24.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

At this very moment I’m watching the sunset with a glass of champagne. Always one of the better moments of the day. 

Dinner, though tasty, is one of the sadder moments of the day though. Eating alone out of cardboard boxes, and finishing everything in 10-15 minutes before it gets too cold… yeah, not my ideal cruise dinners. 

ACB286E2-E157-4EE3-8509-0807367A3C14.jpeg

052660A7-51B7-43B1-812B-D330475E436B.jpeg

6F685390-530B-4B71-BAA0-9E550937A27D.jpeg

B0D8CFF7-9830-44B2-A1D3-B9565449A263.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Glad to hear from you Quarantined! Was worried that you hadn't posted in a while. Glad to hear that you are better but sorry to hear about the boredom and restlessness.  Totally understand that there are only so many books you can read or movies to watch. Thinking of you! 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Quarantined said:

The test was a comprehensive PCR-test for not only covid, but also RS-virus and Flu strains A and B. 

The doctor was thorough in asking about not only vaccination history, but also about previous infection etc for both covid and flu so I would assume they can handle the situation you describe as long as the person does not have any of the symptoms related to covid. 

Thanks so much for this information! 

It sounds like Constellation isolation is being handled way more pleasantly than on some other ships. Silhouette is reported to be using Deck 3 inside and porthole cabins for their red zone — not balconies.

My recently recovered friend is very claustrophobic; that’s the reason for the concern about what would happen if she had to be tested as a close contact. She could very well still pull and positive on a PCR test in 3 weeks.

Loved the sunset shot!

• Like 1

If you don't mind my asking - how did you get the drink-worthy glasses? I'd like to know the secret just in case either of us runs into such a situation on our upcoming cruise.  Thanks & glad to hear you're feeling better!

• Haha 1

A couple questions:

1) Are quarantined guests given a separate muster station, or in an emergency would you muster in your room, or in the hall  outside your door?

2) Is there anything to prevent quarantined guests from simply leaving their room and going to other areas of the ship?  Or to prevent quarantined guests from having visitors?  Or are you on the honor system?

Thanks for the great report. You have given us such good information!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Xfedcruiser said:

A couple questions:

1) Are quarantined guests given a separate muster station, or in an emergency would you muster in your room, or in the hall  outside your door?

2) Is there anything to prevent quarantined guests from simply leaving their room and going to other areas of the ship?  Or to prevent quarantined guests from having visitors?  Or are you on the honor system?

Maybe it's just me, but if there is an emergency situation that is requiring me to report to my muster station, I'm not going to be worried about Covid+ passengers.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, MDCruze said:

If you don't mind my asking - how did you get the drink-worthy glasses? I'd like to know the secret just in case either of us runs into such a situation on our upcoming cruise.  Thanks & glad to hear you're feeling better!

For wine etc I use the tooth brush (water) glasses from the bathroom, the only glasses in the cabin, I was also lucky enough to get plastic champagne glasses with the first bottle delivered to me…

I wash them using the regular soap, no chance of getting fresh glasses. 

Oh, and cutlery… I’m satisfied with the situation now, but can’t say anything further 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Xfedcruiser said:

A couple questions:

We are in a locked-down zone of the ship. Other guests do not have access to the locks on the doors getting here as far as I can tell. Whereas I would assume that the doors going out of the red zone would open (for evacuation purposes), I would also assume that there is constant monitoring of the security camera feed from the hallways. 

No word has been given about muster stations etc. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Quarantined thank you for all your information you’ve shared.
My question is, have they give you any further test since the original positive one? I believe you had said you are stuck there until the end of cruise, but it would be nice for you to know if you are on the other side of this!

thanks

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, citruscruiser said:

Quarantined thank you for all your information you’ve shared.
My question is, have they give you any further test since the original positive one? I believe you had said you are stuck there until the end of cruise, but it would be nice for you to know if you are on the other side of this!

thanks

They haven’t given me any further tests, but from what I understand from my conversations with the (very helpful and friendly) doctor, the result of another test wouldn’t make any difference for me; per the maritime rules at the moment I will be in isolation/quarantine until we dock, but once ashore I will, with quite a margin, have cleared the CDC quarantine requirements after testing positive. 

However, I don’t know what happens for those who test positive later during the cruise. It sounded like another guest moved in next to me this evening…

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Quarantined said:

We are in a locked-down zone of the ship. Other guests do not have access to the locks on the doors getting here as far as I can tell. Whereas I would assume that the doors going out of the red zone would open (for evacuation purposes), I would also assume that there is constant monitoring of the security camera feed from the hallways. 

No word has been given about muster stations etc. 

What, no conjugal visits. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Quarantined said:

They haven’t given me any further tests, but from what I understand from my conversations with the (very helpful and friendly) doctor, the result of another test wouldn’t make any difference for me; per the maritime rules at the moment I will be in isolation/quarantine until we dock, but once ashore I will, with quite a margin, have cleared the CDC quarantine requirements after testing positive. 

However, I don’t know what happens for those who test positive later during the cruise. It sounded like another guest moved in next to me this evening…

Did you try tapping on the wall to communicate?

• Haha 7

19 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

I thought your spouse had the option of quarantining with you even if they tested negative.   That way you can stay together with both of you suffering through the isolation.   If you have never spent a night away from your spouse that may be the best option.

My spouse would be kicking and screaming if I asked her to give up her cruise.  I couldn’t do it to her. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Quarantined said:

For wine etc I use the tooth brush (water) glasses from the bathroom, the only glasses in the cabin, I was also lucky enough to get plastic champagne glasses with the first bottle delivered to me…

I wash them using the regular soap, no chance of getting fresh glasses. 

Oh, and cutlery… I’m satisfied with the situation now, but can’t say anything further 🤷‍♂️

It's a bit late, but I wonder if your wife would be allowed to send you a  closed "care package".  She could gather together a couple of utensil sets from buffet & some wine glasses from her room for you...

2 hours ago, chucknmarilyn said:

Sorry your cruise is not as planned. Thank you for the posts.

Can you please verify if the ship has made all of her ports? Do you know if ship's excursions we're required?  I'm pretty sure that is a yes and a no but would like most current info.

Thank you 

Yes, all the port stops have been as planned as far as I know, and there has been no restrictions on leaving the ship. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Covepointcruiser said:

I thought your spouse had the option of quarantining with you even if they tested negative.   That way you can stay together with both of you suffering through the isolation.   If you have never spent a night away from your spouse that may be the best option.

Well, yes, that was an option - but it was an either/or situation. Either my wife would stay in our suite, or she would be confined to the isolation cabin for the rest of the cruise, and not get a refund either way. If she joined me, then she couldn’t leave for the rest of the cruise. 

Had it been a matter of a few days, then she would probably have joined me, but for 8 days?

I’ve been bored and restless as it is, and asking her to be confined this way, without being required to? No, I wouldn’t ask that of her. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2