Symphony of the Seas - Update from onboard

2 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

Is that reality or rumor?? 

At this time it's just an unsubstantiated rumor because RCL stock price hasn't moved down, there are no blurbs on Twitter, or newsfeeds. However, given the fact that NCL cancelled seven of its sailings within past 24 hours the door has opened for RCCL to initiate its own cancellations.

15 minutes ago, ticketsunlimited said:

It's the pattern that you have created for yourself JIMBO.  When they see your name on a post they know its a "negative nelly" kick in the butt for everybody.  You have given yourself the reputation of adding material that is not relevant anymore.  Your creative juices have evaporated into miserable rants and negative digs.  That's why I joke with you about booking a cruise so can have something to look forward to and add some positive input back into your posts.  It just comes across as "I'm not having any fun so I want you miserable also."

Believe me when I say your not the only one.  All you have to do is look at the "likes" you get and the "likes" you give and you can see the pattern.

We are not RCL cheerleaders, we are cruisers looking to get more and more information that will make our cruising experience the best it can be.  Lighten and up and have some fun.

Nothing negative about my posts, just my opinion. Booking a cruise or not booking cruise will not matter, I still have opinions. Just because it's a different opinion then yours, doesn't make mine negative. Just makes it my opinion.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, PatMunits said:

At this time it's just an unsubstantiated rumor because RCL stock price hasn't moved down, there are no blurbs on Twitter, or newsfeeds. However, given the fact that NCL cancelled seven of its sailings within past 24 hours the door has opened for RCCL to initiate its own cancellations.

I would say my other half as an officer on the ship is a good source but obviously not one I can  directly quote. Nothing official yet. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Teknodude said:

I would say my other half as an officer on the ship is a good source but obviously not one I can  directly quote. Nothing official yet. 

People on here are going to grill you now, you better have good sources.  It's a tough crowd here and this appears to be a Debbie Downy News........and people on here can't handle that.

2 minutes ago, Teknodude said:

There were also rumors floating around that PortMiami was going to partially close this weekend.  Have you heard anything about that?  

Just now, livingonthebeach said:

There were also rumors floating around that PortMiami was going to partially close this weekend.  Have you heard anything about that?  

So negative, the horror............

29 minutes ago, Teknodude said:

My other half is an officer on Symphony and he just said Symphony sailings cancelled for 3 weeks. I assume from next voyage 

For what it’s worth the first Symphony sailing available to book on Royal’s website is now the 29th. The 15th & 22nd were both still on sale a couple of hours ago but not any more.

And I now get this on the app for the 22nd:

A7CE1BDE-CDD9-47E8-9925-BEA94EB87D23.thumb.png.ad8034793ba4207d1621f2a9c191fe5b.png

Edited by gumshoe958
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pratique said:

I really need to know before I get on a plane this afternoon to Miami.

Will not be happy to get to Florida to find out the cruise tomorrow is canceled.

Agreed.

True.

However, opportunistic alternative this weekend is the NE Patriots @ Miami Dolphins on Sunday at 4:25.  Good tickets are still available.  NFL football down here isn't as fanatic as elsewhere.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

People on here are going to grill you now, you better have good sources.  It's a tough crowd here and this appears to be a Debbie Downy News........and people on here can't handle that.

I’m fine. I am reporting what my other half who is an officer in meetings on Symphony right now is feeding back to me. 

if people would rather these boards didn’t contain rumour gossip and wild speculation these boards would be very quiet indeed. 

i don’t like sharing bad news. But thought the board would be interested in a first hand account from the ship. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 18
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Pratique said:

Will not be happy to get to Florida to find out the cruise tomorrow is canceled.

You will be the last to know............

1 minute ago, Teknodude said:

I’m fine. I am reporting what my other half who is an officer in meetings on Symphony right now is feeding back to me. 

if people would rather these boards didn’t contain rumour gossip and wild speculation these boards would be very quiet indeed. 

i don’t like sharing bad news. But thought the board would be interested in a first hand account from the ship. 

We appreciate the info...sad as it may be for some, it's better than being left in the dark.

12 minutes ago, Pratique said:

That would suck!