No Bacon on buffet

jskinsd

Come on people, get real. The issue is the price of bacon, not Carnivals inability to get it. Bacon went up literally by 120% this year and the corporation is in dire need of cutting costs, not adding to them. 

SHHHHHHH!!!   Dont ruin the thread by making sense, I just got my popcorn bowl filled....🍿

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, asalligo said:

Come on people, get real. The issue is the price of bacon, not Carnivals inability to get it. Bacon went up literally by 120% this year and the corporation is in dire need of cutting costs, not adding to them. 

Except it isn't cutting costs, it is controlling costs and not blowing up the food budget and cruise prices.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Computer Nerd said:

Most of my upcoming cruises are on Royal. Not for the bacon but for the 4 free drinks a day for being Diamond, table cloths on the table in the MDR EVERY night, and 2 cleanings a day of the cabin. Service on Carnival has dropped quite a bit in the last 4 years. Oh, and mashed potatoes being available every day. 😍

Enjoy those late nights and free laundry on Royal!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ObstructedView2 said:

🤪🐷🤪🐷🤪🐷🤪🐷🤪🐷🤪

FOUR PAGES so far Discussing & Dissecting Carnival Buffet Bacon, LOL! 

Oh My....

Picsart-22-01-20-13-44-26-293.jpg

🤪🐷🤪🐷🤪🐷🤪🐷🤪🐷🤪

I think the same...I don't even eat bacon so I have zero dog in the fight but I read this thread every time because I say to myself "what could they possibly still be saying about bacon...lol..."

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Okay, I'll bite.

I'm old enough to remember the many posts about bringing (sneaking) liquor on board, from

rum runners, wine rack bra holders and using mouthwash bottles.

Can bacon be freeze dried and disguised to bring on board?

It may be a good (temporary) side business for someone who has time on their hands.

Just sayin"

• Haha 5

24 minutes ago, lyannea said:

Okay, I'll bite.

I'm old enough to remember the many posts about bringing (sneaking) liquor on board, from

It may be a good (temporary) side business for someone who has time on their hands.

Just sayin"

You can buy canned bacon. Slap a soda label on it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest BasicSailor
25 minutes ago, lyannea said:

Okay, I'll bite.

Just sayin"

Oh Great! Give people ideas why don't cha. 😉 I will never give ideas as to how to sneak bacon onboard. No Sir not me! Gees, some people!🤣

See the source image

1 hour ago, BasicSailor said:

Oh Great! Give people ideas why don't cha. 😉 I will never give ideas as to how to sneak bacon onboard. No Sir not me! Gees, some people!🤣

See the source image

That.Is.Awesome !!

I’ll have to chuck my idea of setting up a table & umbrella at the entrance of the cruise terminal, selling hats with dried bacon sewn into the seams.

• Haha 1

Guest BasicSailor
1 hour ago, Buckimion said:

Ohio Stadium (Ohio State University Buckeyes) actually has vending machines with pre-cooked, shelf stable bacon. 

You should talk to the spokesman for Carnival about this 😉.  Ice cream machine vs Bacon machine?

BTW what was the price of that vending bacon, don't give Carnival an ideas.

Edited by BasicSailor

Just now, BasicSailor said:

You should talk to the spokesman for Carnival about this 😉.  Ice cream machine vs Bacon machine?

BTW what was the price of than vending bacon, don't give carnival an ideas.

Carnival Corp 

MEET 

OhioPork.org 

Guest BasicSailor
Just now, ColeThornton said:

Why either/or?    Why not bacon ice cream?

I'm about to throw in a 🤢, Buick image.jpeg.821b55263dc9a4bfb6d37fdfedf71dd5.jpeg

11 hours ago, BasicSailor said:

See the source image

No need to sneak bacon on. Put in in a separate travel bag and carry on.

• Haha 2

I've honestly never been a fan of the buffet bacon. I prefer mine to be crispy not floppy like they have. I know this is a prep time choice just not my thing.

As for straws it's more about turtles and other aquatic life than money, many restaurants have done the same thing. I would rather not have one it's become my personal preference now. I HATE the paper ones some places have now.