No Bacon on buffet

jskinsd

Why should you have to request bacon at the breakfast buffet.  So far three of the six mornings on the Panorama and no Bacon at the buffet.  What is going on. And the way they do toast, let's just say it sucks.  Only toast one side and left out for hours.  Hard as a brick. Breakfast never changes.  But on Carnival it does. Sure you can request it and get it eventually.  But why should you have to.  I just don't understand. ✌️ 

• Like 1

Guest BasicSailor

The Bacon has been placed on Bacation to every other day, as Carnival states there is a shortage.

Have a Bacon Day!  See the source image

Bacon being staff served is a good thing IMO and only having bacon everyother day is the least of my concerns with the lackluster breakfast buffet.

Bacon police, has been around and debated to death over a decade.  Stops adults and more importantly kids from grabbing a handful with their bare hands.

Every other day, is cost cutting at its finest.  Other cruise lines going out of the same ports aren't doing this.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Even on bacation day you can get bacon elsewhere I recall from three recent cruises.  Blue Iguana in the breakfast burrito area, MDR sit-down service, deli and omelet station.  Ask for an omelet with extra bacon but just one egg, it's fantastic!

Couldnt get bacon in a omelette the no bacon day on my cruises.

Could in the Mdr, started going there for brunch.

• Like 2

Just making an observation.  It's been 10 years since my last Carnival.  Probably another 10 years for my next one.  One good note, paid the cheapest price ever for a balcony on any cruise line.  VIFP rate of $139. And the cabin is great.✌️

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

Sorry you are having to go through this.  We're all here for you.  Hang in there!   😉

Thank you for your concern.  I will try to manage.  Its been a rough every other day. Tomorrow will be better✌️

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

38 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Even on bacation day you can get bacon elsewhere I recall from three recent cruises.  Blue Iguana in the breakfast burrito area, MDR sit-down service, deli and omelet station.  Ask for an omelet with extra bacon but just one egg, it's fantastic!

Yes I had bacon in the MDR every day on each of my last three cruises. 

• Like 3

Bacon shortages / price increases aren’t just on ships. I just went to my local Kroger store today, and there was very little selection of bacon and it was $ 8.99 a pound for the Hormel that was in stock. I suspect the cost of bacon is at least part of the decision to serve less often at the buffet.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, JT1962 said:

Bacon shortages / price increases aren’t just on ships. I just went to my local Kroger store today, and there was very little selection of bacon and it was $ 8.99 a pound for the Hormel that was in stock. I suspect the cost of bacon is at least part of the decision to serve less often at the buffet.

I agree, compared to the "supply chain" issues in my state, the ships are doing fantastic.  The food situation on the ships would have to change considerably before it would impact my vacation.

• Like 3

I guess I'm glad people do it, but I will never understand why so many people insist on eating at the buffet for breakfast instead of the MDR. I've not eaten breakfast off the buffet in several cruises now, and I'm much happier for it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jskinsd said:

Just making an observation.  It's been 10 years since my last Carnival.  Probably another 10 years for my next one.  One good note, paid the cheapest price ever for a balcony on any cruise line.  VIFP rate of $139. And the cabin is great.✌️

At that price you can afford to BYOB

af9cfdeb-082e-4b8c-83ef-0d16ba6743d8.4c7

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

And at Guy's Burger - my favorite burger is the Plain Jane add bacon.  (It's no longer on the topping bar.)

1 hour ago, MisterOJ2 said:

I guess I'm glad people do it, but I will never understand why so many people insist on eating at the buffet for breakfast instead of the MDR. I've not eaten breakfast off the buffet in several cruises now, and I'm much happier for it.

Agree 100%

We haven't had breakfast at a buffet on a cruise ship IN YEARS!

🍳 🥓 🐖 🐷 🥓 🍳

⬇️.....The Buffet.....⬇️

1-MAIN-pigs-eating-apples-c-no-credit-10

Edited by ObstructedView2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, ObstructedView2 said:

Agree 100%

🍳 🥓 🐖 🐷 🥓 🍳

Yep go to MDR and get served or go to buffet and wait patiently to move or those butting in line because they “forgot” something.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ObstructedView2 said:

Agree 100%

🍳 🥓 🐖 🐷 🥓 🍳

We have MDR breakfast/brunch ~ 2 out of 3 days.  Buffet does offer additional variety, and in some cases better choices.  The omelets made in both MDR and buffet are poured from cartons, but in the buffet you can insist on fresh-cracked egg and observe the cook doing it, you can also insist on none of that nasty pan spray that has a nuance of flavor that for me, ruins food.  You can also see the veggies they would put in the omelets, so you can see if the mushrooms look old and slimy before requesting them.

Edited by IntrepidFromDC
  • Like 1

Hi @MisterOJ2 🙂

My wife & I avoid the buffet as much as possible on all of our sailings. 

It has been many voyages since we actually walked into a buffet. And will only use a buffet as a last resort.

There are far too many other & better options.

Happy sailing!

🌴

• Like 6