No Bacon on buffet

jskinsd

4 hours ago, beerman2 said:

I find a little humor in the Buffet area being more relaxed. The noise/commotion/line cutting ( I forgot to get this) , but OK.

Looking for a table , which can be an issue.

Another factor DW “hates” buffets. “Happy wife, Happy Life” comes to mind.

By relaxed, I meant not so formal.  I've never had a problem with line cutting.  

Guest BasicSailor
2 minutes ago, RWolver672 said:

Do you mean for yourself or other people?😁

36 minutes ago, RWolver672 said:

You are 1 lucky person, there hasn’t ever been a time when we did go that someone hasn’t cut in line at breakfast..

Now it’s MDR or I get us coffee at buffet.

16 hours ago, BasicSailor said:

Do you mean for yourself or other people?😁

Other people.  To me, it's not that big of a deal.

15 hours ago, beerman2 said:

You are 1 lucky person, there hasn’t ever been a time when we did go that someone hasn’t cut in line at breakfast..

Now it’s MDR or I get us coffee at buffet.

As I said above, it's not that big of a deal if someone forgot something and wants to step in and grab it.  I'm retired and on vacation.  I've got all the time in the world to let somebody get in line to grab a banana or a carton of milk, I guess I was raised to be tolerant of other people.  (That and really good blood pressure medicine.  🙂 )

Edited by RWolver672
  • Like 5

13 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

Other people.  To me, it's not that big of a deal.

As I said above, it's not that big of a deal if someone forgot something and wants to step in and grab it.  I'm retired and on vacation.  I've got all the time in the world to let somebody get in line to grab a banana or a carton of milk, I guess I was raised to be tolerant of other people.  (That and really good blood pressure medicine.  🙂 )

My thing is that I rarely notice other people enough to remember the problem. Although, I REALLY don’t care if someone missed something. Need some butter since it’s nowhere near the bread? No problem. Go ahead. Want an apple? Grab it. My life has enough stress in it. I don’t need to add other people’s behavior to my list of issues. 😂

• Like 1

Some people really take this whole "Cruise Critic" thing to heart eh? 🤷‍♀️ 

For me, any day on a Cruise Ship and not at work, is ahmazing!  My worst day on a ship is better than my best day at work 😂  I am NO 5-star chef (heck... I'd probably rate myself a 2 at best) but anytime I don't have to prep the food, cook the food, serve the food, put away the left-over food, and do the dishes... hallelujah! 

I'd probably have a jammer if I ate bacon EVERYDAY.  I think I will survive if it's only every other day. Plus, every other pig will thank you 🐷 😄

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ehyup71 said:

Some people really take this whole "Cruise Critic" thing to heart eh? 🤷‍♀️ 

For me, any day on a Cruise Ship and not at work, is ahmazing!  My worst day on a ship is better than my best day at work 😂  I am NO 5-star chef (heck... I'd probably rate myself a 2 at best) but anytime I don't have to prep the food, cook the food, serve the food, put away the left-over food, and do the dishes... hallelujah! 

I'd probably have a jammer if I ate bacon EVERYDAY.  I think I will survive if it's only every other day. Plus, every other pig will thank you 🐷 😄

Exactly!  And factor in the fact that what I have been paying for cruises lately is less than what I would pay to go out to dinner every night - I will gladly forgo the bacon.  BTW, I do not forgo the bacon because I usually eat breakfast/brunch in the MDR every morning where it is always available - why more people don't take advantage of this is a mystery to me!

On 1/14/2022 at 2:59 PM, Colorado Cruzer said:

Same reason they don't have straws anymore, cost savings...

Oh, they have straws, alright, and those gnarly sugar straws probably cost more than yer basic plastic straws, even when purchased in bulk.  

@jskinsdDo you eat breakfast at the same time each day? I wonder if you’d be able to ask the server or whoever puts in the order for the bacon in advance if they could have X number of pieces ready for you at that time? I imagine not having it out and ready cuts back on waste, given how expensive it is right now in many places. Just a thought, I’ve done this with sour cream b.c. They were expecting me. Good luck!

Guest BasicSailor
8 minutes ago, Computer Nerd said:

And yet I had bacon every single day on Royal. No shortage there.

Wow, great news. Everyone switch to Royal, quick🤑

8 hours ago, BasicSailor said:

Wow, great news. Everyone switch to Royal, quick🤑

Most of my upcoming cruises are on Royal. Not for the bacon but for the 4 free drinks a day for being Diamond, table cloths on the table in the MDR EVERY night, and 2 cleanings a day of the cabin. Service on Carnival has dropped quite a bit in the last 4 years. Oh, and mashed potatoes being available every day. 😍

• Like 1

Most of my upcoming cruises are on Royal. Not for the bacon but for the 4 free drinks a day for being Diamond, table cloths on the table in the MDR EVERY night, and 2 cleanings a day of the cabin. Service on Carnival has dropped quite a bit in the last 4 years. Oh, and mashed potatoes being available every day. 😍

That's great, sounds like you found your niche.  Enjoy!

Edited by Drazil65
  • Like 1