Only Guaranty Rooms Available Next Winter?

richsea

32 minutes ago, richsea said:

I’ve been looking for 10, 14, or 20 night sailings for next Jan/Feb, & am unable to pick a specific room (deluxe balcony). Anyone know why that would be so far out?

Would help if you would post which ship?

Others may have feedback for you.

Deluxe balconies are in demand. Princess wants flexibility.

Another possible reason are the b2bs. 20 night cruises are sold as one 20 night or two 10 nights. 14 njghters sold as a 14 night or two 7 nights. Princess wants to retain the ability to adjust. Try looking all the different ways.

Edited by skynight

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

Would help if you would post which ship?

Others may have feedback for you.

I’ve tried Regal, Sky, & Enchanted to the Caribbean; all of which have deluxe balconies, & all only show guaranty deluxe balconies. It doesn’t seem right that there are so many rooms booked this far out that they only offer gty.

10 minutes ago, richsea said:

I’ve tried Regal, Sky, & Enchanted to the Caribbean; all of which have deluxe balconies, & all only show guaranty deluxe balconies. It doesn’t seem right that there are so many rooms booked this far out that they only offer gty.

Haven’t booked on those ships.  Not sure why they are holding those back.

Are you going Through a TA or booking direct?  I’d call them to see if they know.

3 hours ago, lovemycruisetoo said:

There was availability on Caribbean Princess 14 day Circle Caribbean Jan 27th, 2023 yesterday when I changed my room from B2 (deluxe balcony) to MB mini suite. Had BSE which included stateroom upgrade.

We just canceled our Caribbean Princess 14 day in mini suite to book Enchanted on Monday!

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

Haven’t booked on those ships.  Not sure why they are holding those back.

Are you going Through a TA or booking direct?  I’d call them to see if they know.

When booking Enchanted, I could not do 20 day only ten days.  After 5 hours on hold with Princess, they told me they were sold out in my selection.  I said I have four ten day trips booked in that category.  The girl said we are only allowing so many for the 20 day and they are taken and are on waitlist.  I said when I booked no one at all had ANY of those rooms booked.  They were the Vista Suite at the front of the ship, six of them.  She had nothing to say and I asked to talk to customer relations and she then cut me off...mind you after FIVE hours on hold.  

My opinion, is they are holding out and hoping things will be really good and be able to increase prices even more.  Again, just my opinion.  

I am just stating the facts with my own real experience.

5 minutes ago, mellon1 said:

When booking Enchanted, I could not do 20 day only ten days.  After 5 hours on hold with Princess, they told me they were sold out in my selection.  I said I have four ten day trips booked in that category.  The girl said we are only allowing so many for the 20 day and they are taken and are on waitlist.  I said when I booked no one at all had ANY of those rooms booked.  They were the Vista Suite at the front of the ship, six of them.  She had nothing to say and I asked to talk to customer relations and she then cut me off...mind you after FIVE hours on hold.  

My opinion, is they are holding out and hoping things will be really good and be able to increase prices even more.  Again, just my opinion.  

I am just stating the facts with my own real experience.

Its really strange but I too, tried to book 10 or 20 day trips on different ships and my agent told me they hold back some of the categories for sales.  In other words, they don’t open every category in every type of sailing like 10 night, 20 night, etc.

That is for some type of inventory control.  

Sometimes they will work with your or your TA to accommodate your request.  But not always, if they have blocked off those rooms.  It happens a lot on the TA’s that continue on into Europe, Scandinavia, Russia, etc.  They want control over a certain amount of rooms to be able to offer them to guests boarding in say Copenhagen or other cities, also higher prices.  

Don’t know if this is your case, but I’ve run into it several times.

52 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Its really strange but I too, tried to book 10 or 20 day trips on different ships and my agent told me they hold back some of the categories for sales.  In other words, they don’t open every category in every type of sailing like 10 night, 20 night, etc.

That is for some type of inventory control.  

Sometimes they will work with your or your TA to accommodate your request.  But not always, if they have blocked off those rooms.  It happens a lot on the TA’s that continue on into Europe, Scandinavia, Russia, etc.  They want control over a certain amount of rooms to be able to offer them to guests boarding in say Copenhagen or other cities, also higher prices.  

Don’t know if this is your case, but I’ve run into it several times.

TA got same response I got.  I think they are not allowing the 20 because of the larger shareholder benefit.  $250 for 20 days but $100 for each 10 day.  

18 minutes ago, mellon1 said:

TA got same response I got.  I think they are not allowing the 20 because of the larger shareholder benefit.  $250 for 20 days but $100 for each 10 day.  

That’s only a $50 difference. Hard to believe. But, who knows.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

4 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

That $50 was the difference in the Shareholder Benefit difference from the 10 to 20 day.  The trip only saved $136 dollars doing the 20 day instead of the two 10s.  My TA said when she called pricing changed to $99 savings.  I booked and they were updating the system on Princess (probably increasing pricing).  I am glad we were able to book our room as I am very specific of where we want to stay and want no upgrades.

7 minutes ago, mellon1 said:

That $50 was the difference in the Shareholder Benefit difference from the 10 to 20 day.  The trip only saved $136 dollars doing the 20 day instead of the two 10s.  My TA said when she called pricing changed to $99 savings.  I booked and they were updating the system on Princess (probably increasing pricing).  I am glad we were able to book our room as I am very specific of where we want to stay and want no upgrades.

So glad it worked out for you.

Take care.

On another cruise line, they hold back on the 3 and 4 capacity  balconies if you are booking for 2. 
Try a dummy booking, entering that you are booking 4 for the balcony. See if the one you want opens up. If it's available, you can call Princess to reserve it.

Edited by Marelaine