On Reflection now and it is Incredible

1620rock

6 minutes ago, 1620rock said:

How is the weather there? Our daughter is  watching our dog and said it was 10 degrees yesterday.  She said he releived  ced himself and headed back in the the house 😃 

Yeah, it's been absolutely frigid the past few days (fortunately, we have a lab who loves the cold), but was sunny and a balmy 35° today. 😉  Supposed to be sunny and mid-30s tomorrow; warmer on Tuesday with a little rain; then returning to sun and cold the rest of the week, in the 20s during the day and single digits at night. Better soak up as much of that Caribbean sun and warmth as you can to help carry you through to Spring. 😉 

Edited by 5:00_Somewhere

Thanks for the post, you are getting us more excited about our B2B on Reflection starting February 5th!  Any observations, experiences you may share would be outstanding.

Would you just advise which days are chic nights?

Thank you again!

Cheers! 🌞🍸

• Like 1

Is your cruise a 7 nighter?  What were your original ports?  What ones were/are going to be dropped or replaced?  Did you do a ship excursion in St Lucia?

Thanks for posting live.  You are my new best CC friend as I am living vicariously through you while I wait out the next 3 weeks to board the Reflection for our first B2B!

1 hour ago, cruisekitty22 said:

Are there any kids on your ship?  If so how many?  Are there any formal nights?  Are polo shirts acceptable for the MDR every night of the cruise?

We haven’t seen any children at all.  We are on a 10 night cruise and will have two formal nights .  Polo shirts are fine for the MDR most men have polos or collared.  I have not seen any ties but we did go to the first formal night. 

45 minutes ago, iluvthe-c said:

Is your cruise a 7 nighter?  What were your original ports?  What ones were/are going to be dropped or replaced?  Did you do a ship excursion in St Lucia?

Thanks for posting live.  You are my new best CC friend as I am living vicariously through you while I wait out the next 3 weeks to board the Reflection for our first B2B!

I am glad to share info as I was on CC every day deciding if we would cruise or reschedule.

10 night cruise and our ports are St Lucia, Barbados, Antigua and St Kitts and have not changed.  The first 3 Celebrity tours only but all can visit the port shopping area.  St Lucia we did the Coast al Cruise to the Pitons and enjoyed it.   We booked all our tours in advance when they were on sale since we had OBC to use. St Kitts Celebrity yours not required but we have one booked just in case. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, iluvthe-c said:

Thanks!  OK, I have another one....

Do you have the drink package?  Classic or Premium?  Do you know if the bars have coconut water and is it included in the Classic package?

We have the classic package this cruise. We have usually upgraded in the past but this cruise decided to try just the Classic since DH only has 1 or 2 alcohol drinks a day.  i am not sure about coconut water but i would guess that is premium.

The  water we have included is in the aluminum bottles and has been fine and iWhen we had the Premium  I think it was more stress trying to get the bartenders at the pool and other decks bars to use premium liquor in drinks since the usually reach the standard liquor no matter what package you have or what liquor is listed in the menu.  I  kicked my Zero water habit 😀 so don’t miss that.

The Classic wines have also been okay just and for cocktails I still order what I like and pay the additional at the martini bar or cafe al bacio.  If you drink 3 or more cocktails I would say it is is worth the upgrade but not if you mainly drink frozen drinks. 

So glad to hear!  I literally just booked Reflection for a week on February 26 after our Azamara Cruise was cancelled.  We just want to be warm and away for a bit.   Tbh, I don't even care where the ship goes.   We took three of the aft deck concierge cabins.   I have never gotten one of those so close to sailing, not to mention getting three together for our group!    We are OK with the masking and anything else.

5 minutes ago, sfcsu said:

So glad to hear!  I literally just booked Reflection for a week on February 26 after our Azamara Cruise was cancelled.  We just want to be warm and away for a bit.   Tbh, I don't even care where the ship goes.   We took three of the aft deck concierge cabins.   I have never gotten one of those so close to sailing, not to mention getting three together for our group!    We are OK with the masking and anything else.

We'll see you there! I fully agree, it could be a cruise to nowhere and I'd be OK with that. I would have preferred the old itinerary (stop in Key West vs. new Bimini), but hey, it's a vacation!!

Tom

• Like 1

Just now, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

We'll see you there! I fully agree, it could be a cruise to nowhere and I'd be OK with that. I would have preferred the old itinerary (stop in Key West vs. new Bimini), but hey, it's a vacation!!

Tom

Also on that cruise!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, 1620rock said:

I hope you have a great cruise. The crew are all eager  Our ports haven’t changed so far but ship tours are required for St Lucia, Barbados and Antigua.

Thank you 1620, for this great post. To clarify, no "government-approved tour operators" currently allowed in these ports? That's a change....

Edited by sakigemcam

2 minutes ago, sakigemcam said:

Thank you 1620, for this great post. To clarify, no "government-approved tour operators" currently allowed in these ports? That's a change....

Yes they gave us a letter onboard with the change. Celebrity only except for St Kitts but you can get off to ship but not leave the port area

5 minutes ago, 1620rock said:

Yes they gave us a letter onboard with the change. Celebrity only except for St Kitts but you can get off to ship but not leave the port area

Thank you, fellow New Englander (CT here....). One more question - your cruise to the Pitons, what kind of boat was it? (I'm prone to sea sickness - will have my trusty patch but due diligence) - and how much time (and where) did you get to swim? Thanks again 🙂 

4 hours ago, coconut1 said:

Are there shows in the theater at 7:00 and 9:00 each night?  Some people have said there are 2 shows a night, but others are saying only a 9:00 show.  Thank you.

I am on the Reflection also and there is one show in the main theater and it is at 9 PM each night.