On Reflection now and it is Incredible

1620rock

9 minutes ago, sfcsu said:

How is the live music?   Tbh, I like a piano bar or live music best.  I loved the cruises where they had music at the back bar behind the buffet.

Sorry cannot able to fairly comment on the types of entertainment that you mentioned; not our thing.

There is a very good 6 member band in the main theater that has played backup every night. 

1 minute ago, sptrout said:

Sorry cannot able to fairly comment on the types of entertainment that you mentioned; not our thing.

There is a very good 6 member band in the main theater that has played backup every night. 

Thanks!  We are pretty open about music.  We just like the vibe of live music being performed.

2 hours ago, sfcsu said:

How is the live music?   Tbh, I like a piano bar or live music best.  I loved the cruises where they had music at the back bar behind the buffet.

We're the same. On the Silhouette there was usually music (a pianist, guitar player, duet or jazz combo) at the Ensemble Bar outside Murano, and we've always enjoyed having a drink there and listening to the music - among other venues. There was also often music at the Sunset Bar or below on the Terrace behind the Oceanview Café. Was hoping we might find that on the Reflection. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bornforthis said:

Can I ask if the Reflection has had a make over or due to get one.  We are on her in August 

She has not gone through refurbishment as of yet, but scheduled for drydock on February 2, 2023. She was built in 2012. From what I have read she is still in great shape for a 10 year old! 

Cheers! 

• Like 1

On 1/23/2022 at 6:34 PM, sptrout said:

Hi, we are on the cruise with you and agree that the cruise is great. We are in a SS1, corner aft cabin and the Retreat Staff have have went way beyond what we expected (now we need to dig up some extra tip money LOL). Per the Cruise Director, there are 841 passengers and near 950 crew members. Therefore, better than a 1 to 1 crew vs. passenger ratio. 

If you are on the fence about cruising now is the time to go.

Which deck are you on ? We have booked an SS1 aft cabin for July as our infinity cruise was cancelled. Am I right in thinking there is no Retreat as such just a butler if you need one , glad to hear you are having a good cruise.

1 minute ago, chromered7 said:

Which deck are you on ? We have booked an SS1 aft cabin for July as our infinity cruise was cancelled. Am I right in thinking there is no Retreat as such just a butler if you need one , glad to hear you are having a good cruise.

still Michaels club but it works just like the Retreat Lounge.  IMO it was a great place to hang out, grab drinks from the fridge, or get help from the concierge. 

Only suite guests are allowed in. 

6 minutes ago, sptrout said:

Even though the Reflection has not been updated, all suite related items are still called "The Retreat" for the most part. I guess that Celebrity is trying to make all ships equal at least to a degree.

What deck are you on and are you happy with the cabin?

For our Reflection sailing next month I signed up for the Go Green program that Celebrity is offering (to get that bonus day of cruise points). In practice, does anyone know how that changes the daily service at the RS level?

Tom

44 minutes ago, chromered7 said:

What deck are you on and are you happy with the cabin?

We are on deck 12, in a corner aft cabin. We both agree that this is the best cabin that we have ever had on any cruise. Directly below the buffet on deck 14, but we have had very little noise from above. No noise at all from outside the cabin. We would book this cabin again without hesitation. We already have booked the same location on the Beyond for next January. Will be interesting to compare the two SS1 cabins. Although we are considering moving forward to be closer to the main Retreat locations. Anyone that has been on an Edge class ship that can offer a comparison would be appreciated. 

3 hours ago, sptrout said:

We are on deck 12, in a corner aft cabin. We both agree that this is the best cabin that we have ever had on any cruise. Directly below the buffet on deck 14, but we have had very little noise from above. No noise at all from outside the cabin. We would book this cabin again without hesitation. We already have booked the same location on the Beyond for next January. Will be interesting to compare the two SS1 cabins. Although we are considering moving forward to be closer to the main Retreat locations. Anyone that has been on an Edge class ship that can offer a comparison would be appreciated. 

Rm 2217? I'm in that cabin in four weeks.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sptrout said:

Just looking at the photos of the two classes of ships the design of the aft portion are totally different on the S- Class vs E-Class. The E-Class balconies don't wrap around the corner, so it's not the same. The corner aft balcony won't be any different than the other Sunset Verandas. Especially on the Beyond when all the Retreat amenities have been moved together Forward in it's own area I would strongly advise you to change to a forward SS.

806801385328384.webp

Shutterstock_10599986f.jpg

That was what I was thinking kwokpot; I even tried to corner the Future Cruise Salesman on which was better. He refused to commit only saying that an S1 was nearly the same anywhere with the exception of being near The Retreat. Since our Beyond booking was through a TA he did not want to touch it.

I will email our TA now to see if there are any forward S1s still available. 

Thank you for your thoughts and we are leaving 2217 in great shape!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/28/2022 at 11:58 AM, countess5 said:

She has not gone through refurbishment as of yet, but scheduled for drydock on February 2, 2023. She was built in 2012. From what I have read she is still in great shape for a 10 year old! 

Cheers! 

Thank you 😊 

On 1/23/2022 at 12:34 PM, sptrout said:

Hi, we are on the cruise with you and agree that the cruise is great. We are in a SS1, corner aft cabin and the Retreat Staff have have went way beyond what we expected (now we need to dig up some extra tip money LOL). Per the Cruise Director, there are 841 passengers and near 950 crew members. Therefore, better than a 1 to 1 crew vs. passenger ratio. 

If you are on the fence about cruising now is the time to go.

Hello, we booked the Reflection today for the 10 night Italy and Croatia cruise in a SS1 on the 12th deck midship, this cruise is replacing a Baltic cruise we canceled on Oceania. We have sailed on the Equinox in the Retreat and never though the Luminae or Retreat lounge was ever crowded. My question is with more suites on the Reflection than the Equinox has the Luminae or Michaels Club been crowded as I have read on other CC threads?

1 minute ago, sptrout said:

No, not crowded at all, but the ship only had 841 passengers per the C.D. Maybe more suites sold, but I know only two of the deck 12 aft SSs were in use including ours.

We were on the Equinox last August in one of the aft facing SS on the 12th deck and we had 1200 passengers, but all of the Suites were occupied. The ship and Retreat facilities never were crowded and we were immediately seated every time we dined in Luminae. The one night we ate in the Tuscan Grill I counted about 25 people eating and it seemed like tomb.

7 minutes ago, Momma Rene said:

We will be on Reflection in cabin 1233, on the hump by the elevator and library.  Does anyone have any side photos of the ship?   It is on Deck 10, Celebrity Suite.  I chose it for the larger balcony.

Does this help?

48631385328387.webp