No more Dining room lunch for B2B passengers-Fleet wide change

wallyj

8 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

It was closed the week of our Jan   9 Harmony cruise (was that your last Harmony cruise?), EXCEPT for January 9 for the 1/2 -1/9 B2B buffet lunch.   It looked ok but we didn't stay.   

M

Yes...was second leg of B2B  (1/2 & 1/9).  

On 1/26/2022 at 4:17 PM, dswallow said:

I've found myself several times lately wandering through Windjammer at lunch time and leaving without anything. Very disappointing. There's something extremely diminished about the selection of foods there.

Anyway, every time I also get accosted by someone when leaving asking if I had a problem since they see me drop my empty plate and silverware on a table as I leave, and I tell them I found the selection very disappointing and not worth bothering with. 

I haven't really done much more beyond that. Mostly as I do comprehend that things are going to be different while sailing with 50% capacity or less. Doesn't mean I'm not going to find myself very disappointed about what they serve; I'm just not going to push back too much about it at the moment. 🙂 But I still think they can be doing better day to day; it's mostly like an exact repeating menu day to day -- and a bad one.

That's not to say that I don't sometimes find something. It's just that I never used to be able to not find anything I wanted.

You pretty much described how I have found the Windjammer on Allure this week.

On 1/26/2022 at 5:44 PM, kruzerci said:

Not much of a selection, low quality, and rarely any lean proteins or white meat chicken to be found.

Funny you say that. On another thread I had posted about how I am eating a lot of pastas and carbs this week when I much prefer proteins. I tried a minute steak a couple of times and had a hard enough time cutting it never mind chewing it.

16 hours ago, island lady said:

Unfortunately Solarium Bistro was closed for all meals on our last Harmony cruise.  😥

Allure has definitely had a better week than the one Harmony had when you were aboard in most all respects.

15 hours ago, island lady said:

I used to love Solarium Bistro.  Though seems selections are quite trimmed up now, but could be since it is not as popular as the WJ or even "Mini Bites" (which always seems busy).  

The Solarium Bistro is nothing like it once was for breakfast. Very little selection.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Thanks, didn’t know if you had been back on and still experiencing the solarium being closed

m

Had to come home and get laundry done, doctor appointment, new script on glasses, and hair cuts.  Leaving early tomorrow for Ft. Lauderdale Odyssey B2B.  

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Allure has definitely had a better week than the one Harmony had when you were aboard in most all respects.

Eh...we enjoyed it anyway.  Sure, not what cruising used to be...definitely different....but we still had fun and Bucky really didn't want to get off the ship after two not exactly normal weeks.  😉 

This will be our first b2b experience and thankfully, eating lunch in the dining room has never been a high priority for us. I’m guessing we will just eat a decent portion for breakfast, and wait for the Windjammer to open. I can’t imagine anyone would actually be that hungry for lunch before it typically opens up. What is the latest time you can stay in your cabin, before you have to vacate that area of the ship? We have the same cabin on all 4 legs of the journey. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Eh...we enjoyed it anyway.  Sure, not what cruising used to be...definitely different....but we still had fun and Bucky really didn't want to get off the ship after two not exactly normal weeks.  😉 

I wasn't knocking your cruise. Sorry if it came across that way.

37 minutes ago, joanne59 said:

This will be our first b2b experience and thankfully, eating lunch in the dining room has never been a high priority for us. I’m guessing we will just eat a decent portion for breakfast, and wait for the Windjammer to open. I can’t imagine anyone would actually be that hungry for lunch before it typically opens up. What is the latest time you can stay in your cabin, before you have to vacate that area of the ship? We have the same cabin on all 4 legs of the journey. 

You will receive detailed instructions a day or two prior to TAD outlining all the TAD procedures. Also where and what time to meet and what to bring with you. 

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I wasn't knocking your cruise. Sorry if it came across that way.

Never crossed my mind!   Knew what you were talking about.  🙂  Indeed our "weird" cruise (as the thread went), was definitely not ordinary!  😉 

• Like 1

Just now, island lady said:

Thank you my friend. 🤗

I don't know which suitcase is over stuffed more...Bucky's or mine.  😮 But we are now packed and I just set the alarm clock.  

Kathy is an over packer which means I am by default. 😉 As long as we are in the weight limits for flying, bring it. Next is HH. Cheers...🍷

• Like 1

5 hours ago, vegas7df said:

Puerto Rico

Ok, I suspected it may have been a nice port...too many things to do, b2b passengers decided to skip lunch...we did the same thing.  Pre-pandemic, we would take an Uber to Isla Verde Beach or Old San Juan. 😊

On 1/26/2022 at 1:31 PM, davekathy said:

Could be just for your cruise(s) and GS or the DL concierge is mistaken when saying fleetwide. For how long? Something temporary or permanent? I'll wait see if that's the case when we board the Explorer in March for our B2B cruise. 

What ships are taking for your B2B ?