Do you have a price per day in mind when looking for a bargain?

caymancouple

Do you have a price per day that makes you go YES, book it?

Just starting to consider sailing Aqua class.     I would like to know  what to consider to be a good price when I am looking.  I would not include taxes as they are the same for all cabins.  

Thank you.

For us the price per person per day really comes into play when comparing cruise lines offering similar itineraries during the time periods we’re interested in. For example, a while back we were looking at veranda cabin prices on various cruise lines such as HAL, Oceania, Celebrity, Crystal and Princess. From that continued research and then experiencing what each cruise line has to offer, we’re finding which cruise lines make us the happiest, which seems to periodically evolve as we become more cruise savvy, and further discovering which categories we feel the most comfortable to book. But, as with most things, you have to make that decision. 😎

• Thanks 1

Price isn’t the thing that makes us say “let’s book it”.  We decide what part of the world we want to visit, research itineraries, and decide which cruise. After we decide on a itinerary we look at price for each category and decide what cabin category we prefer for that  particular cruise.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Price is down the list for us as well.  Top consideration is the itineraries and dates.  The date absolutely  needs to work.

Then we look at the price for a veranda and compare two or three cruiselines. If the jump to Aqua is reasonable we move up.  Same for a suite.  No real fixed amount more important if affordable at the time we book.

Have paid $50 a day in the Caribbean and $500 in Europe .

Edited by Arizona Wildcat
  • Like 2

Pretty much same answer as others have posted.  Used to use $100pp/pd as a gage back in the 90’s….since then, we’ve found cruising to be less expensive now than it was then.

That being said, we’ve taken cruises for $200pp/pd, and we’ve cancelled several that are essentially free (port charges) because we don’t care for any more cruising under these protocols (masks).

Money is the same as food reviews. It’s all subjective.  I’ll pay a lot of money to be treated like royalty in a retreat cabin but a penthouse suite is out of the question. Some people think that the retreat is not worth it. We all have different paychecks. 

Edited by Sox Fan Cruiser
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, caymancouple said:

Do you have a price per day that makes you go YES, book it?

Just starting to consider sailing Aqua class.     I would like to know  what to consider to be a good price when I am looking.  I would not include taxes as they are the same for all cabins.  

Thank you.

You have to have some criteria settled before you can even begin to make that assessment.

There is a wide disparity in pricing that occurs based upon ships and itineraries/markets.

You'll pay more per day for the same space on Edge than you will Summit. 

You'll pay more per day on a Baltic cruise vs. a Caribbean.

If you had in mind a specific ship class and itinerary/market, then it would be easier.  Otherwise impossible.

I don’t look at price per day but I do look at the grand total cost of the cruise including cruise fare, port fees and taxes, gratuities/DSC, and the cost of an alcohol package if not included.  I may find something that on the surface looks a lot less expensive for a given itinerary on one cruise line than another, but then when I add in what I might spend for non-included items on one line that are included on another with flips the scales. I do usually have a total amount in mind as a limit as well when I start looking.  That total cost will be dependent on the purpose of the trip and who I am going with.   It seems that no matter who I travel with or what type of vacation it is I am always the travel planner. Lol.

Not more than $100,000/day pp  🤑.    Will that make you spend that much?  

Does it really matter what my price point is?    It is what you can afford and are comfortable with. 

Personally I do not care what others spend or can afford ot those that go overboard because it is a once in a life time.  I book with what I feel is  the best bang for my dollar 

AQ $30:/ day pp and SS $60/ day pp if it includes all the perks over a veranda 

Do I get this all the time?  No. So I book a veranda if I want to cruise but most times I can find the bargain and am flexible and very rarely sail in anything else besides AQ or SS 

You have to nine flexible and not choosey about when and where you sail 

This is my input and opinion and I am sure others will differ 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I definitely have a price per person per day when I shop for bargains. Some cruises are destination cruises and we pick the cruise that works best and is reasonable for us.

Because we live in Florida and love just being on a ship, if I see an extremely low price, I will book the cruise just to be on the ship. The dollar amount varies by cruiseline and ship category. 

• Like 1

I usually find a week that works for both of us and then start tracking total price & air fare.  I've been watching a 2/26 & 3/5 cruise for the last 6 weeks and the price rarely moves, but the airfare certainly does.  So, for us, the price of air is a big factor. 

When we are in planning mode, the price per day is not as relevant. We pick the cruise we want to be on and look for the best deal. On the other hand, if there was no cruise planned and as screaming deal was to be had, then yes, the low price would make me consider taking an additional unplanned cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1