50' and 60's music

beckysoap

We were lucky enough to have done 4 of those cruises. The last 50's cruise we did was in 2008, however it was amazing in that the 300 of us who had paid extra had private concerts each night in addition to the regular entertainment. We also sat with the groups each night for dinner! I looked back at out "album" and can tell you the groups were-----FREDDY (BOOM BOOM) CANNON, THE DEL VIKINGS, THE DUBS, THE ELEGANTS, THE PASSIONS, & BARBARA HARRIS WITH THE TOYS! On an earlier cruise we walked down a corridor and met up with Bowzer who was carrying a sack of laundry to the laundry area---we had a nice talk with him!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, beckysoap said:

does carnival offer any cruises where the acts perform music of the 50;s and 60;s, I can't afford the malt shop memory cruise, but if i can find a cruise like that

Carnival Cruise Line's targeted demographic doesn't really appreciate the music of the 50s and 60s as for most of them it was before their time.  Within the Carnival Corporation group I recommend looking at cruises on Holland America and Princess.  They won't have the "real" artists like a true charter cruise would, but they should have shows and musicians scattered about that will perform music of that era.

On Magic a couple of times since August. While there was no theme like that to the cruise, the Magic Rock Band had nights when they played music from different decades such as 50s and 60s, 70s and 80s. When they played the older music, a lot more people got up and danced, it was great!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bostwick girl said:

On Magic a couple of times since August. While there was no theme like that to the cruise, the Magic Rock Band had nights when they played music from different decades such as 50s and 60s, 70s and 80s. When they played the older music, a lot more people got up and danced, it was great!

Good to know.  Thanks! 

• Like 1

This is my kind of music.  Carnival's resident rock band often does a few sets themed as Oldies or Motown and we love them.  

Themed cruises are often available on various lines, but higher fares to compensate for the extra concerts.  

I'll second the motion for Bronx Wanderers in vegas and on tour.  Have seen them a half dozen times.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'd love to hear this kind of music, doesn't have to be a themed cruise with original acts. Just a band that would play this music every night - bet more people would enjoy this in the atrium than the Strings. I know lots of people younger than my group of 70-year-olds that like this music. Yeah, be a lot of people dancing!! Or just put in a jukebox!

• Like 2

On the Pride January 30th we had a “Johnny Cash” singer. He was very good and very popular. He had different shows one was all Johnny Cash, the others were country songs from the 1950s to now. We listened to him every time he performed. His name was Rob. In all fairness the other acts were awful.

• Like 1