Check in question including Photo Question

DeanD

We've never checked in from the App but likely will need to this upcoming cruise.  Is a selfie photo required to complete check in?  If so, can it be changed later but before arrival at the terminal and if so, from the app or only on the website?  What info is needed to check in other than passport info, address, phone, DOB and emergency contact?  TIA!

I take crappy selfies so I just skip it and they take the photo at the terminal.  You will also need your vaccination card to upload and the credit card you want attached to your on board account.

Edited by poocher
  • Like 1

I have never uploaded photos either.  Just do at cruise terminal.

To the OP,  we had to complete our checkin with personal info, passport, credit card number, etc then upload photos of our cdc vax card on the app.

Then complete the health questionnaire on the app day before you sail.

We always print out set sail pass and put with our passport and printout of negative covid test to avoid fiddling with phones at check in.

• Like 1

Regarding the vaccination card upload...

I did our check-in early this morning for an April 4 cruise on Harmony.  I did in on my laptop with no issues, but it said I need to upload the Vax card via the app.

I have the app, it shows us checked in correctly and our boarding passes are showing.  But I don't see a link to do that....can anyone help??

Thank you

6 minutes ago, onthewater51 said:

I did our check-in early this morning for an April 4 cruise on Harmony.  I did in on my laptop with no issues, but it said I need to upload the Vax card via the app.

I have the app, it shows us checked in correctly and our boarding passes are showing.  But I don't see a link to do that....can anyone help??

Thank you

I just checked in for a cruise on Celebrity with the APP....it is basically the same as Royal..the vaccine upload section was in the next part of the APP after the photo and passport info I believe, it can be easy to miss.  You just take a picture of your card.  You have to scroll down to find the next section, or at least that's how it worked on Celebrity.  Not sure why it would be different, everything else on their APPS works exactly the same.  

Edited by PTC DAWG

13 minutes ago, onthewater51 said:

But I don't see a link to do that....can anyone help??

On the app check in page, there should be 4 options - Travel info, Arrival time, Vaccination and Healthy&Safety - it may take a bit for the third option to show for you. You can't fill out the fourth option till 24 hours out.

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

On the app check in page, there should be 4 options - Travel info, Arrival time, Vaccination and Healthy&Safety - it may take a bit for the third option to show for you. You can't fill out the fourth option till 24 hours out.

Exactly this....said much better than I did above.  

23 minutes ago, onthewater51 said:

Thank you

Below the link to your boarding passes, you might look for a link that says “edit checkin”

That takes you to an info page then on to the four options noted by Biker.  One should be for vaccination cards.

On 2/16/2022 at 8:29 PM, DeanD said:

We've never checked in from the App but likely will need to this upcoming cruise.  Is a selfie photo required to complete check in?  If so, can it be changed later but before arrival at the terminal and if so, from the app or only on the website?  What info is needed to check in other than passport info, address, phone, DOB and emergency contact?  TIA!

My sister and I both did selfies at home before we left .......just pictures of our face with a white background like they request. It was easy.  To answer your question yes, you can change your photo as often as you want or just have them take it when you check in. 

On 2/16/2022 at 8:29 PM, DeanD said:

Using the app at all is not required. Not everyone has a cell phone.

• Like 1

Thanks all, it worked out fine.  I appreciate the info and help.  With them assigning and being strict on arrival times, I wanted to make sure I had my ducks in a row for this trip given I was needing to check in for people not physically in my location.  I've always done checkin from the website but kept seeing it was easier from the app.  I'm not sure I agree after having done it.   It was certainly easier for the passport and photo but the rest was not and in some areas, more difficult.