EZ Air not so easy.

MHMarkL

EzAir changed our flight from the ship to 9:57pm. We had no say and now we are past the 45 days change/refund option. Plenty of other flights earlier, in fact I booked one for 1/2 the cost leaving at 12:30 in the afternoon. EZAir is impossible to contact directly and 3 calls to Princess did not help. It seems as though Princess has no say or control over EZAir. 

We will now be paying for a flight we will not be taking. I highly recommend steering clear of EZAir. Any suggestions? 

Edited by MHMarkL

If the tickets have been issued, contact the airline directly.  Princess (and any other cruise line) has no control over airline scheduling.  Are the new flights on the same airline?  If you booked through a travel agent contact them and see if they can be of assistance.

By the way even though the font is extra large I found it difficult to read.  

Edited by capriccio
  • Like 2

Not sure why the font is so big. Posted this from my tablet and now I cant change it. Apologies, didn't mean to post with such a large font. 

I guess I didn't read the fine print on EZ-Air that they can change the flight without knowledge or agreement of the customer to 18 hours after the ship docks. I could drive home twice in that amount of time.   

Edited by MHMarkL
  • Thanks 1

EZAir does NOT schedule flights.  They take that information from airlines.  If an airline cancels or reroutes, EZAir must use that information to book/rebook.   

EZAir has always been very helpful and much less expensive for international travel than booking direct with an airline.

• Like 1

United cancelled 12 pm flight i had a reservation for and moved me to a flight leaving 6 h later

it did not have anything to do with EzAir

i do not like that but i would cost me about $800 if i will rebook my flight

Agree, this isn't the fault of EZ-Air. Your original flight must have changed or been cancelled. This happened to us several times. I have to add it also happened to us on a non-EZ-Air flight and based on anecdotal evidence I don't think is unusual right now. Hopefully flights get back to normal soon.

I understand why you’d be upset, but it may be the airline’s fault, not EZ-Air’s. The way you can find out is by looking on the airline’s site to see if your original flight is still operating. If so, you know EZ-Air switched you, but if it’s no longer operating, you know it was the airline changing your flight due to schedule changes. If it’s the airline’s fault, you can call and see if there’s an earlier flight available, since the schedule change was over 2 hours from the original flight.Good luck!

• Like 1

We had the same thing happen to us. When I called EZ-Air they told me to call the airlines since they were the ones who changed the flight. When I called the airlines, they said they could not help me, and I needed to contact the travel agency who booked the tickets (EZ-Air). With these changes, we missed our connection in Dallas, so I called EZ-Air once again. They told me I should work with the airlines for a new flight. Not a great experience just to save a few dollars on the cost of the tickets  

When was you flight originally scheduled to depart?  What airline?  

You should not have booked a different direct flight.  You should be able to change your existing EZ Air reservation to a different time.  Did you try to do it on line?  

You should not assume that you have no say.  

I suggest you do not keep assuming that EZ Air is impossible to contact.  Recent airline cancellations/delays may have created a huge backlog, but it is not likely impossible.

Edited by jagoffee

I'm confused by the additional charge.  Almost all airlines, when they move your flight by more than a couple of hours, allow you to make a one time change at no charge.  We did a land tour of Alaska last summer and they (United) changed our outbound to 7 hours later and our return 9 hours later.  We were supposed to have dinner with friends up there on the arrival day, and they would have let us fly through Denver (from SF) to get to Anchorage in time for dinner. Since there were no other good options for the return, we moved dinner to the last night.

14 hours ago, jagoffee said:

When was you flight originally scheduled to depart?  What airline?  

You should not have booked a different direct flight.  You should be able to change your existing EZ Air reservation to a different time.  Did you try to do it on line?  

You should not assume that you have no say.  

I suggest you do not keep assuming that EZ Air is impossible to contact.  Recent airline cancellations/delays may have created a huge backlog, but it is not likely impossible.

Our flight was going to depart at 3pm on American Airlines. and was apparently cancelled so they changed it to 9:57pm.

Yes, online the change fee for switching flights was $640 (our entire fare was $680) 

There are plenty of other airlines that have much better flights that work with EZAir. American Airlines wont make changes to a flight that was booked by a travel agency.   

I am not assuming anything these are the facts. I have spent over 4 hours on hold or on the phone with Princess and they wont transfer me to EZAir until 72 hours before my flight and there is no way (that I have found) to contact EZAir direct. You are probably right, nothing is impossible but I have invested way too much time and effort trying to get it resolved already. I decided it would be better to just book another flight on my own which was way cheaper than the EZ air flight and can be cancelled for a full refund 10 minutes before flying time. Never using EZAir again.        

15 hours ago, weedhopper said:

We had the same thing happen to us. When I called EZ-Air they told me to call the airlines since they were the ones who changed the flight. When I called the airlines, they said they could not help me, and I needed to contact the travel agency who booked the tickets (EZ-Air). With these changes, we missed our connection in Dallas, so I called EZ-Air once again. They told me I should work with the airlines for a new flight. Not a great experience just to save a few dollars on the cost of the tickets  

Same run around I got only it was the Princess rep that gave me the wrong information.  

24 minutes ago, floridababa said:

How do you check on ez air if the price has gone down?

Go on the Princess website, click on the cruise, and click on "Flight Quotes" tab. Do a mock booking. (do not sign into your account)

OK, I had a similar situation with American Airlines on an EZ-Air flight. I called American and got the run around about needing to call EZ-Air. I then told American that EZ air had not changed my flight, American changed it. The representative then acted nicer and I got an acceptable substitution with NO increase in cost. It was difficult not to yell but I held my powder and it worked out.

• Like 2

Has anyone had any luck in contacting EZAir directly-  I just added a cruise and need to change my flights (over 150 days out). Princess told me that they cannot see or help modify flights without cancelling entire air schedule. Using mock booking I am unable to make flights with the needed time span (July 7 through September 19) and would like to see if live person at EZAir could help. Do any of you have a direct number?  Thanks

On 2/17/2022 at 7:48 AM, manunia said:

United cancelled 12 pm flight i had a reservation for and moved me to a flight leaving 6 h later

it did not have anything to do with EzAir

i do not like that but i would cost me about $800 if i will rebook my flight

Maybe you can book a tour to fill your time?

36 minutes ago, triple7tahoe said:

Has anyone had any luck in contacting EZAir directly-  I just added a cruise and need to change my flights (over 150 days out). Princess told me that they cannot see or help modify flights without cancelling entire air schedule. Using mock booking I am unable to make flights with the needed time span (July 7 through September 19) and would like to see if live person at EZAir could help. Do any of you have a direct number?  Thanks

There is no direct number (at least for cruisers)

you would need to call regular number and ask to be transferred to EzAir department- last Friday it took me only 2.5 hours before I was able to talk to that dept representative 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

Maybe you can book a tour to fill your time?

It is a great suggestion but I have been in that city multiple times and would rather be home before dinner instead of almost midnight 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MHMarkL said:

Our flight was going to depart at 3pm on American Airlines. and was apparently cancelled so they changed it to 9:57pm.

Yes, online the change fee for switching flights was $640 (our entire fare was $680) 

There are plenty of other airlines that have much better flights that work with EZAir. American Airlines wont make changes to a flight that was booked by a travel agency.   

I am not assuming anything these are the facts. I have spent over 4 hours on hold or on the phone with Princess and they wont transfer me to EZAir until 72 hours before my flight and there is no way (that I have found) to contact EZAir direct. You are probably right, nothing is impossible but I have invested way too much time and effort trying to get it resolved already. I decided it would be better to just book another flight on my own which was way cheaper than the EZ air flight and can be cancelled for a full refund 10 minutes before flying time. Never using EZAir again.        

Since your AA flight was changed by just short of 6 hours, you are due a 100% cash refund.  
Your experience is real, but it does not seem right.  Are you flying from MIA to SFO direct?  What date?  Let me see what it looks like.

You certainly should not give up.

Edited by jagoffee

18 hours ago, triple7tahoe said:

You can change it yourself after signing into your account. I have done that a few times (before final payment).

One time I called Princess and was transferred to EZAir. They were able to change our flights and even saw a better deal than what I could see. Go figure.

I know the wait times are crazy but I just put my phone on speaker and do other things while waiting.

Edited by nini
added something
  • Like 1

Princess EZ Air used to be a great option but we have had two nightmare experiences. The most recent experience was a completely different flight mix with an additional flight segment that added more than seven hours to our travel time. Also, none of the mix of carriers they booked were code shares with out preferred airline. Thankfully, this popped up before the 45 day window so we didn’t incur penalties but it would have been better to know that they would not honor our bookings (the original flights and seats existed but could not be booked, likely due to loss of contract with the airline) so we could have booked at a more competitive price. The fact that EZ air can completely upend your plans at will despite providing a booking and price simply isn’t the sort of thing I want to deal with ever again.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Flight changes have happened to me, and it's been incredibly crazy since the pandemic.  First, the schedule changes are solely at the pleasure of the airlines.  That is a protected right and they use (abuse) it.  Princess EZair and all other travel agencies must suffer through it.  The only way to change this is to let your elected representatives know how frustrating it is to all of us.  I have.

Second, contact the airline directly after the tickets have been issued.  Courtesy goes a long, long way.  I always tell myself that the person on the other end of the phone did not change the schedule.  Instead, they have to deal with the fall out.  More often than not, I get free changes.

• Like 1