Dining Dress Code

adlb1300

13 minutes ago, Chicagoguy66 said:

Again, it’s just not that hard to look presentable.

🤣😅😂

Good grief Charlie Brown!  Now we have a forum member who is going to tell us if we are "presentable" or not.  The hits keep coming!  This guy must be a lot of fun at parties.

This is freakin' VACATION we're talking about.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

I personally never understood why someone would put in their signature the type of cabin they were staying in.   OK, so you have the funds to stay in the Haven on NCL or the Retreat on X, or the Yacht Club on MSC or an Aqua Theater Suite on RCI.  Glad to see you survived that obstructed view cabin on HAL back in 2006. 

I guess ambiance regarding the type of cabin you reside in is OK for you, but you look down your nose when others on the boards don't like it when other diners dress down in some venues. 🙄

Envy is never becoming 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chicagoguy66 said:

So great that you were never refused service.  Very few restaurants are likely to refuse you service based upon your attire.  But is that the only question?  Again, it’s just not that hard to look presentable.  Just pretend you live in a big city and go to restaurants not part of a big chain (e.g., Applebee’s).

Pretend you live in a big city! ,  damn your pompous and assume no one who does not has no class.  I’d rather have dinner with Jethro Bodine the Beverly Hillbillies and the cast of Hee Haw than a person like you any day of the week.  They are real people.

Edited by LGW59
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

I’d rather have dinner with Jethro Bodine the Beverly Hillbillies and the cast of Hee Haw than a person like you any day of the week.

Well, that is certainly your choice.  Just make sure that you're "presentable" (whatever the heck that means).  🤣

Just now, ChiefMateJRK said:

Well, that is certainly your choice.  Just make sure that you're "presentable" (whatever the heck that means).  🤣

I’m thinking bib overalls, straw hat, corn cob pipe and gingham dresses for Ellie Mae and granny 

10 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Glad to see you survived that obstructed view cabin on HAL back in 2006.   Wow you really went back to see what he posted as far back as 2006!?!  🥴

No, it's in his signature.  Skimmed it all in less than a minute.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LGW59 said:

in whatever rural area of New England you live in  last I checked, I was just outside of Boston city limits, you make quite the assumption of where I live in NE, now my daughter lives in the mountains in NH, you talk about rural.  But yes, I have eaten in Abe & Louis, Capitol Grille, wearing shorts, sandals, ballcap (not backwards I am not that uncouth) and a polo shirt.  Never been a problem, then I don't judge others, however they CHOOSE to dress, my dinner still tastes the same.

If you live just outside of Boston, then type Boston.  When you type New England, that covers a large geographic area in which you can reside.

My only gripe is that the rules regarding baseball caps are not enforced.  It's Cagney's, not the buffet.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Envy is never becoming 

I'm not envious of where he cruised or where he stayed.  I just regurgitated what was listed in his signature.  I could care less if people stay in an inside cabin on the lowest floor or they stay in the best cabin in the Haven.  

We all put our pants on one leg at a time, unless of course we're eating in Cagney's, then we can wear shorts. 😉

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

I'm not envious of where he cruised or where he stayed.  I just regurgitated what was listed in his signature.  I could care less if people stay in an inside cabin on the lowest floor or they stay in the best cabin in the Haven.  

We all put our pants on one leg at a time, unless of course we're eating in Cagney's, then we can wear shorts. 😉

Yes you’ve regurgitated quite a bit here.  So what is it southern NJ or Philly, large geographical area.

22 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

If you live just outside of Boston, then type Boston.  When you type New England, that covers a large geographic area in which you can reside.

My only gripe is that the rules regarding baseball caps are not enforced.  It's Cagney's, not the buffet.

I hate buffets and never eat there, but I love my ball cap, they go where I go.  Cagneys, Applebees, wherever 

5 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Going bald and you need to cover up... understand.

Nah, just a casual guy who loves life to relax and not sweat the small stuff as you do, life is short, live it wide.  Stop worrying about what others do, and boy do you, just live and let live.  I won’t reduce this to personal attacks as you have.  Happy cruising and toupee away!

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Nah, just a casual guy who loves life to relax and not sweat the small stuff as you do, life is short, live it wide.  Stop worrying about what others do, and boy do you, just live and let live.  I won’t reduce this to personal attacks as you have.  Happy cruising and toupee away!

No need for a toupee.  And I'm not sweating any small stuff. I just wish that NCL would enforce rules that they have and not let the inmates run the asylum.  

I was just brought up where you don't wear a cap at home at the kitchen table, let alone in public at a steakhouse. 

I guess you were raised differently.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, njpln said:

Late to this topic, but we were waiting to go into Ocean blue on Bliss a couple of years ago, prior to Covid. A family had a teenager who I guess was inappropriately dressed, I don’t remember what the issue might have been, but they refused him and told him that he had to come back dress appropriately.

so, I’m thinking that sometimes they do enforce the code. We always dress country club “nice“, so we never have an issue.  That includes our millennials… always pack a pair of khakis. Khakis and a clean polo shirt take you a long way. 

Thank you for your post. The crew has an obligation to follow NCL dress code rules, yet passengers consistently dis-obey them - just like spoiled children - until they are told to dress appropriately. NCL is not asking they you wear gowns & black tie, but they are asking that your attire match their dress code. If you want to wear flip flops and ball caps to dinner, go to Carnival.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LGW59 said:

I’m thinking bib overalls, straw hat, corn cob pipe and gingham dresses for Ellie Mae and granny 

Ellie Mae….now we’re talkin’. I’ll don my bib overhauls with a straw hat and let her “wrastle” me in Le Bistro any day for dinner with her.

Oughta see how some are dressed out by the cement pond on any cruise ship if you really want to get your speedo in a bunch. 

Who doesn’t love the overwhelming scent of “CHARLIE” when a woman in a gown or a man in a tux is drenched in BRUT and seated next to us at dinner.

I’ll keep doing what I do and dressing how I dress at dinner while cruising knowing the issue isn’t with me, but with those who have little in the way of their self esteem to judge lil ole me.  I’ll take particular delight knowing that.

And, I do agree.  This whole discussion has devolved into silliness.  The vast majority of us just don’t care. Those that do?  We all know the type.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Obviously, you weren’t raised right. 😉

2 hours ago, jhoover69 said:

Currently on the Bliss I thought I would post straight from the horse’s mouth this is outside ocean blue 

039E1EC2-24D4-450D-AE05-DFA62BAEB494.jpeg

7C132FDF-C9C1-45F9-ACBC-972ADD71CE9E.jpeg

Thank you for posting this. It is good to know ahead of time what to expect. 

I have seen people turned away from the Venetian, aft MDR on Dawn, for wearing shorts at dinner time. I really like that dining room, even with the updated art work!

The hat thing does not bother me, but my husband would never wear a hat at the dinner table. That is how he was raised.

2 minutes ago, Cruising Lynne said:

Thank you for posting this. It is good to know ahead of time what to expect. 

I have seen people turned away from the Venetian, aft MDR on Dawn, for wearing shorts at dinner time. I really like that dining room, even with the updated art work!

The hat thing does not bother me, but my husband would never wear a hat at the dinner table. That is how he was raised.

Just be aware that the post you quoted only lets you know ahead of time what to expect if you are going on the Bliss, and that is as long as it doesn't change on that ship (it is fairly unlikely that it will but you never know).

• Thanks 1