Register for Princess Cruises.. help need

millymaid

Are you trying with the Medallion app or online?

I would start with online. Once you have a user name & password, the same is used for the Medallion app.

In the app, you can also use your booking #, but it's a PITA. You have to complete name, birthdate, etc. to get where you want to end up.

Hope that helps.

Create an account on Princess.com. See the screen shots below. If you get a message saying you’ve already got an account select “Need Help” in the window just under where your password would go. 

2220C6DE-68A1-4C29-B487-98F2EEFBFC89.jpeg

91671C28-75A4-492A-884B-7884C18F5620.jpeg

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel
  • Like 3

I've had a login ID and password for princess.com for quite some time.  Today I registered for our upcoming cruise online rather than with the Medallion App.  When I tried to sign in with my existing login ID and password, it would not take it.  I was able to get in by using my name, booking number and date of birth.  Should it have accepted my login ID and password, or do I need to have a different one for this and the Medallion App?  Seems like one of the posts above says the same ones should work.

I haven't downloaded the Medallion App yet.  Could that be why?  Thanks for any info.

5 hours ago, clan said:

I've had a login ID and password for princess.com for quite some time.  Today I registered for our upcoming cruise online rather than with the Medallion App.  When I tried to sign in with my existing login ID and password, it would not take it.  I was able to get in by using my name, booking number and date of birth.  Should it have accepted my login ID and password, or do I need to have a different one for this and the Medallion App?  Seems like one of the posts above says the same ones should work.

I haven't downloaded the Medallion App yet.  Could that be why?  Thanks for any info.

Nobody - including Princess IT and their contractors - knows why things work or don't. 

I have already taken one Medallion cruise in January and have another leaving next week and yet another in July.   I have never had a problem logging into the App using my login ID and password.  Today I tried the web version.  I was able to log into next week's cruise with my ID and password but neither were recognized for the July cruise.  I had to log in with my name, birth date, and booking number.

6 hours ago, clan said:

You need to talk to customer support and get them to fix this problem with your login id. Both the web site and Medallion app use the same credentials.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brisalta said:

You need to talk to customer support and get them to fix this problem with your login id. Both the web site and Medallion app use the same credentials.

Don't ask me why but my two log ins are different. I tried to get in to the App after a long time with no use due to cancellations, and it would not accept the password that I use to log in to my Princess account. I kept trying to reset it and received messages that it had been reset but it did not work. I recalled an old password that I used for a few sites and tried it and bingo. No way am I going to try and change one again to make the passwords the same. 

Not doubting you that they should be the same but not in my case. Yet another Princess anomaly.

• Like 1

Same for me as Leck57 .

Two different passwords and no way i'm doing anything to change that either.  Been on one cruise in Jan and another coming up in May. If they want 2 different log in credentials to be happy then that's what I shall provide. 😉

7 hours ago, runner2013 said:

Same for me as Leck57 .

Two different passwords and no way i'm doing anything to change that either.  Been on one cruise in Jan and another coming up in May. If they want 2 different log in credentials to be happy then that's what I shall provide. 😉

I understand your reluctance to "poke the bear" as far as getting your passwords/accounts in sync, but as it stands right now Princess views this as two different accounts.  You may or may not see everything you're supposed to logged in either way...but there is a strong possibility that this will come back to bite you in the future.  I would seriously reconsider...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I understand your reluctance to "poke the bear" as far as getting your passwords/accounts in sync, but as it stands right now Princess views this as two different accounts.  You may or may not see everything you're supposed to logged in either way...but there is a strong possibility that this will come back to bite you in the future.  I would seriously reconsider...

Not sure what you mean by two different accounts. If I log in to my Princess account it shows all my past cruises, future cruises, current FCC's, my Platinum level, etc. When I log into the App I am just using it for the pre cruise info and I recently haven't had any issues getting "green lane". It is strange that when I log into my Personalizer, the new option that gives us the opportunity to enter pre cruise info there rather than the App, I need to put in my App password to get that page to proceed. When I do that, as expected (hoped) it just shows what I have input on the App.

Certainly not disregarding your comments but I am very reluctant to change anything.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, leck57 said:

Not sure what you mean by two different accounts. If I log in to my Princess account it shows all my past cruises, future cruises, current FCC's, my Platinum level, etc. When I log into the App I am just using it for the pre cruise info and I recently haven't had any issues getting "green lane". It is strange that when I log into my Personalizer, the new option that gives us the opportunity to enter pre cruise info there rather than the App, I need to put in my App password to get that page to proceed. When I do that, as expected (hoped) it just shows what I have input on the App.

Certainly not disregarding your comments but I am very reluctant to change anything.

I hope you do not have issues in the future...but having retired from IT I know that if you are logging in with 2 sets of credentials you have 2 different accounts.  When I say "different accounts"...they may "match" right now (there was a terribly done data migration when the app was rolled out or when they "pulled" everything off the main website) but at some point in the future Princess is likely to do something in their *amazing* IT department to where they *don't* match any longer.  This is what I refer to as getting bitten.  I respect your position, though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm happy to report that for the last couple of days, my existing login ID and password is also working for the online Medallion registration.  Hope this will continue!