Water from Freestyle Machine?

We are cruising on Harmony this summer and some of us are planning to get the soda package, but my son doesn't drink anything other than water (and milk).  I was wondering if anyone knows if you can get plain water from the Freestyle machines without the package?  He wants to be able to fill his water bottle throughout the day.  If you can't get it from the Freestyle machines, how/where else can he get water to fill his water bottle other than ordering cans/bottles of water?

Thanks in advance!

you need the cup provided with the cups you gets for purchasing the soda package..you cna use one of your cups as that to get the water...they have flavored water such as dansani cherry or a multitude of flavors..use your cup to fill it and then pour the water into his cup

16 minutes ago, coachmike1959 said:

you need the cup provided with the cups you gets for purchasing the soda package..you cna use one of your cups as that to get the water...they have flavored water such as dansani cherry or a multitude of flavors..use your cup to fill it and then pour the water into his cup

There are tap water stations all over.  He can get cups of ice water all over the ship for free.  He can this use those to fill up his own cup if he wants.  That water is just fine.  I drink it all the time (even when I have a drink package if it is convenient to grab a cup and I’m thirsty).  

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, bayportkat said:

We are cruising on Harmony this summer and some of us are planning to get the soda package, but my son doesn't drink anything other than water (and milk).  I was wondering if anyone knows if you can get plain water from the Freestyle machines without the package?  He wants to be able to fill his water bottle throughout the day.  If you can't get it from the Freestyle machines, how/where else can he get water to fill his water bottle other than ordering cans/bottles of water?

Thanks in advance!

There used to be a water button on the front screen of the freestyle machines that could be used with any cup.  I am not sure if the button is still available with covid.

• Like 1

Okay, so my husband and I got the ubp for ourselves but nothing yet for the kids. Do we get one of these cups with that and could we just give them to the kids instead? My kids don't drink soda at all, so I was thinking from time to time I would buy a milkshake for them, but that is about it. They might want one or two flavored waters though...

19 minutes ago, Cruisekitty1977 said:

Okay, so my husband and I got the ubp for ourselves but nothing yet for the kids. Do we get one of these cups with that and could we just give them to the kids instead? My kids don't drink soda at all, so I was thinking from time to time I would buy a milkshake for them, but that is about it. They might want one or two flavored waters though...

CC police would call that cheating and a gateway into a life of crime leading to a after life of hell fire and brimstone.  That being said I can tell you from first hand experience our situation. Adult son purchased UBP package for himself, staff member at kiosk handed the Coke cup to his daughter and pointed her towards the freestyle machine next to Sorrento's.   This was on Oasis, Happy cruising

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It is either printed on your SeaPass card, or they add a sticker.

Plus, you hand your card to the bartender, and they swipe it, and the computer shows you have the drink package.

For the Freestyle machines, they give you a special cup with a RFID chip in the bottom.  That RFID activates the machine to allow you to get sodas.  At a bar, show them your card and they will give you a soda, but only from the mixer gun.

I have used these machines for ice for my water bottle in the Windjammer on the Grandeur and symphony.  I use a cup to fill it with ice.  These machines do not give water out freely.  Reason i did this was a few times the ice machines were broken on both ships and I was in a hurry.  Any bar can fill your water bottle and give you a cup of ice as well.  And its free...

The water from the soda machine is the same at any water station.  It comes

from the same source.  Buying a soda package for him is a waste of money.  The cup they give you is rather small too.  Holds about 8oz with ice.  

in case anyone is wondering,  the cup only works for two weeks from initial use.