Grand Northern Europe Voyage - Lisbon to Stockholm - May 6, 2022 to June 28, 2022

mysty

2 hours ago, mysty said:

… The roads into it are very steep and windy. 

And single lane.

Going downhill, our bus had to back up into one of the (frequent) pull outs on one hairpin turn to let a bus coming uphill pass. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

I’m loving following along with your grand adventure M. I’m sorry that the pax are a bit lax though.

Same here - I was away for the Jubilee weekend, so am catching up with the news and pix. 

Lola

• Like 1

Today we were scheduled to be at anchor off Heimaey,  Iceland.  The Captain had advised last evening that the swells could present some difficulty.  As we approached Heimaey I could tell that the swells would be a problem.  The Silver Moon was bouncing around like a rubber ball.  Soon we were underway again and the Captain announced that he had made the decision to cancel the port due to 6 to 7 foot swells.  We are now steaming toward Reykjavik with a planned arrival of 6:00 pm.  Tomorrow is the end of segment 3 and the beginning of segment 4 for us.  Some pics of Heimaey......

DSC09690.JPG.15223d9b67ed22c3bf61b55dfa75777f.JPG

DSC09689.JPG.7c1a839fe11270b4c847031837056de2.JPG

• Like 6

I have so enjoyed the commentary  and spectacular

photography of the posters. Mysty, you seem to be

truly enjoying yourselves, even with disappointing

fellow travelers. I look forward to following along

w segment 4. Paula

• Like 2

Just now, PaulaJK said:

I have so enjoyed the commentary  and spectacular

photography of the posters. Mysty, you seem to be

truly enjoying yourselves, even with disappointing

fellow travelers. I look forward to following along

w segment 4. Paula

Thank you Paula!  Overall this has been a great adventure!  The staff and crew have been heroic as always!  And there are many lovely fellow passengers!  Silversea is our favourite cruise line and even during times when circumstances make for difficulties they do their very best to provide an awesome sail.

• Like 5

Just now, highplanesdrifters said:

So sorry you missed Heimaey. The coastline looks inviting. Have fun in Reykjavik! 

On our way to Norway and  starting to pick up some big swells.

We were lucky enough to be in Heimaey on the segment before this one.   We did a Circumnavigation of Heimaey.  Beautiful!!!

• Like 2

Today we are docked in Reykjavik for the beginning of segment 4.  We need to leave our suite by 8:00 am.  Last night we had a wonderful in-suite Philippine meal...chicken adobo, lumbia, pansit and rice.

DSC09691.JPG.01c4766e2226ef1b8dff26acfcd1147d.JPG

Such a treat!

• Like 11

You always get lovely meals when you ask for Indian or Philippino ones;  naturally the chefs from those countries love showing off their specialities.  And in my case  I think my tastebuds have 'gone off' with age, and I enjoy spicy foods more than ever.

Hope you are having a good day - looking forward to reading about Norway.

Lola

• Like 3

4 hours ago, mysty said:

Today we are docked in Reykjavik for the beginning of segment 4.  We need to leave our suite by 8:00 am.  Last night we had a wonderful in-suite Philippine meal...chicken adobo, lumbia, pansit and rice.

Such a treat!

Yum!!! A menu I would love. I must ask for this next time I cruise. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mysty said:

Such a treat!

Thanks for posting this lovely meal Mysty.  We found ourselves craving food that had a kick of extra spice and will keep this in mind the next time we sail.  

• Like 1

Just catching up after a couple of days away and now the countdown is on for Copenhagen.   Great commentary and beautiful photographs.  Slightly concerned about the Covid cases and just hope our tests are negative so we can board and enjoy the trip to Stockholm.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tudorcruisers said:

Just catching up after a couple of days away and now the countdown is on for Copenhagen.   Great commentary and beautiful photographs.  Slightly concerned about the Covid cases and just hope our tests are negative so we can board and enjoy the trip to Stockholm.  

Is there any update on cases on the Moon? 

Also curious to hear more impressions of SALT, both bar and restaurant.

• Like 1

Just now, scseas said:

Is there any update on cases on the Moon? 

Also curious to hear more impressions of SALT, both bar and restaurant.

COVID cases today were 11 pax and 22 crew.  Some pax were disembarked.  S.A.L.T.  Kitchen... We've  eaten there 4 times.  3 times were very good.   One time was a disappointment.   S.A.L.T. Bar is wonderful and very small.  With COVID cases at the current level we have avoided it.

• Thanks 3

We're heading into rough seas tonight into tomorrow.   The swells could be 6 to 7 meters.   Winds could gust to 45 mph.  Rolling and pitching to be expected.  Hold on to your hats folks!   This could be a bumpy ride!

2 hours ago, mysty said:

We're heading into rough seas tonight into tomorrow.   The swells could be 6 to 7 meters.   Winds could gust to 45 mph.  Rolling and pitching to be expected.  Hold on to your hats folks!   This could be a bumpy ride!

I was just reading some news and got on Twitter. Phew! I came quickly over here and so happy to hear about rocking and rolling. Such a nice place to hang your hat.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mysty said:

3 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

I was just reading some news and got on Twitter. Phew! I came quickly over here and so happy to hear about rocking and rolling. Such a nice place to hang your hat.

Wow – Mysty, TrulyBlonde + Bette Davis – what a trip that would be!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, mysty said:

Wowza, those are big swells. You're going to need sippy cups for your cocktails.  Did you get some seatbelts for the bed?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hi everybody,
with big interest we are following your thread, thank you.
At last we made the decision and we will join you on the 21th of June in Copenhagen.
It will be great to meet you on board. 
Cheers
Galina
P.S. Due to bad experience on Cloud in February we are slightly afraid about the Covid situation aboard. How does it looks like now? Are the masks mandatory?

is everyone wearing them? what does the command do to enforce the rules?

A  day at sea on the way to the Faroes, Mysty.  I wonder if it is too bumpy to venture forth from your suite - we have occasionally all been confined to cabins and having room service, in the Bay of Biscay.    I assume and hope that you don't get seasick, otherwise we wouldn't be hearing from you.  It will all be more peaceful when you are in a fjord of course.  

Lola

• Like 1

Just now, lincslady said:

A  day at sea on the way to the Faroes, Mysty.  I wonder if it is too bumpy to venture forth from your suite - we have occasionally all been confined to cabins and having room service, in the Bay of Biscay.    I assume and hope that you don't get seasick, otherwise we wouldn't be hearing from you.  It will all be more peaceful when you are in a fjord of course.  

Lola

Unless things settle down I'm not leaving the suite.  Old bones don't react well to falls.  Not seasick,  thank the Goddesses!

• Like 3