Online boarding forms

no fuss travel

I'm assuming that you're asking about the "On Line Check in" forms.  If that's the case, ours (March 25 Sailing on Regatta) were available 21 days out.  We are doing what appears to be a "B2B" (March 25th 12 day cruise followed by 18 day 6 April cruise) and only had to fill out one set of forms.  Remember, as it's been pointed out on this forum by others, Oceania doesn't really do B2B ( I think in O's vernacular they refer to our cruise as "an extended voyage" of 30 days).  Hope that helps,

Greg

40 minutes ago, no fuss travel said:

Yes I understand that , but I have 3 separate bookings,  the first one is 22 days which is an extended journey, and the next 2 are 10 days each.

We did a B2B last November on the Marina and only filled out the form for our initial embarkation.....

3 hours ago, no fuss travel said:

I know it is not available until ten days before, but  what if you are doing a back to back to back cruise?  Will you only have to fill out the online boarding for the first cruise? Or do you have to online boarding for each cruise?

21 days out.

3 hours ago, gdlamberth said:

I'm assuming that you're asking about the "On Line Check in" forms.  If that's the case, ours (March 25 Sailing on Regatta) were available 21 days out.  We are doing what appears to be a "B2B" (March 25th 12 day cruise followed by 18 day 6 April cruise) and only had to fill out one set of forms.  Remember, as it's been pointed out on this forum by others, Oceania doesn't really do B2B ( I think in O's vernacular they refer to our cruise as "an extended voyage" of 30 days).  Hope that helps,

Greg

Extended Voyage is 2-3 multiple segments marketed as a single cruise (total price has good discount compared to total of individual segments). Grand Voyage is 3 or more segments marketed as a single cruise (comes with extra perks). Booking consecutive segments not marketed as a single cruise is called a “custom cruise” (approx 5% discount compared to total retail $ of the separate segments and O Club perks duplicated per each segment).

As for the question about the check in form. It’s required per booking number in consecutive cruises. All you need is internet if you’re on the ship already.

8 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Extended Voyage is 2-3 multiple segments marketed as a single cruise (total price has good discount compared to total of individual segments). Grand Voyage is 3 or more segments marketed as a single cruise (comes with extra perks). Booking consecutive segments not marketed as a single cruise is called a “custom cruise” (approx 5% discount compared to total retail $ of the separate segments and O Club perks duplicated per each segment).

As for the question about the check in form. It’s required per booking number in consecutive cruises. All you need is internet if you’re on the ship already.

Almost correct.  My two segment voyage from Copenhagen to Barcelona in September, 2023, is marketed as a Grand Voyage.

32 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

Almost correct.  My two segment voyage from Copenhagen to Barcelona in September, 2023, is marketed as a Grand Voyage.

What you are probably describing is a long-standing O web artifact. Until the recent reintroduction of several 70+\- day Grand Voyages (just unveiled last week), the Extended Journeys were found under the web section called “Grand Voyages” (which years ago had actual Grand Voyages listed along with the “Extended Journeys.” The paper O itinerary books of years ago listed them separately. But, they were then merged in the website and the Grand Voyages name won.

If you get O emails, you should’ve received the reintroduction to Grand Voyages message about a week ago. The restart begins this autumn.

10 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

What you are probably describing is a long-standing O web artifact. Until the recent reintroduction of several 70+\- day Grand Voyages (just unveiled last week), the Extended Journeys were found under the web section called “Grand Voyages” (which years ago had actual Grand Voyages listed along with the “Extended Journeys.” The paper O itinerary books of years ago listed them separately. But, they were then merged in the website and the Grand Voyages name won.

If you get O emails, you should’ve received the reintroduction to Grand Voyages message about a week ago. The restart begins this autumn.

Yes, the current web site lists ours as a Grand Voyage, but it is one of the shortest.  But in the end, it's just semantics...for marketing purposes...save any differences in perks that may now exist.

Edited by 1985rz1

17 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

Yes, the current web site lists ours as a Grand Voyage, but it is one of the shortest.  But in the end, it's just semantics...for marketing purposes...save any differences in perks that may now exist.

If you look at the true Grand Voyages ad (each trip is about four-six segments), they include things like free laundry and (I think) biz class air.

Back to the question asked, which is not the semantics of what his cruises are called, if you stay onboard for another cruise/second portion of a grand voyage. B2B, extended voyage, you only complete one online boarding .....for your initial embarkation.   

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, basor said:

Back to the question asked, which is not the semantics of what his cruises are called, if you stay onboard for another cruise/second portion of a grand voyage. B2B, extended voyage, you only complete one online boarding .....for your initial embarkation.   

Perhaps you still don’t understand: If you are doing a traditional “back-to-back,” you are doing two different yet sequential cruises (each with its own booking number) and you will need to do the pre-Cruise process for each one. If you are doing a cruise with a single booking number (composed of whatever number of segments), it is one cruise with one pre-Cruise test.

If you plan on doing multiple segment O cruises now and in the near or far future, knowing the difference in nomenclature when your plans may involve multiple types/numbers of itineraries AND knowing how best to book them from available opinions could save you a “chunk of change.”

Once you are onboard and have filled out the initial check in stuff, just ask at reception and I am sure they will reassure you that everything will be as it should be for the other segment 🙂

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 1985rz1 said:

didn't  we have this discussion before 🤔

Some people here just have to push their take  on things 🙄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Perhaps you still don’t understand: If you are doing a traditional “back-to-back,” you are doing two different yet sequential cruises (each with its own booking number) and you will need to do the pre-Cruise process for each one. If you are doing a cruise with a single booking number (composed of whatever number of segments), it is one cruise with one pre-Cruise test.

If you plan on doing multiple segment O cruises now and in the near or far future, knowing the difference in nomenclature when your plans may involve multiple types/numbers of itineraries AND knowing how best to book them from available opinions could save you a “chunk of change.”

I understand the difference, thank you......we were on Marina doing the traditional "back-to-back" with 2 different booking numbers for sequential cruises and we completed the pre-cruise online booking process for the first cruise and were not required or asked to complete the pre-cruise online booking process for the second cruise.   We received the usual "staying onboard for the next cruise" information several days prior to the second cruise while onboard. All I was/am reporting on was our actual, recent experience.    

• Like 1

1 minute ago, basor said:

I understand the difference, thank you......we were on Marina doing the traditional "back-to-back" with 2 different booking numbers for sequential cruises and we completed the pre-cruise online booking process for the first cruise and were not required or asked to complete the pre-cruise online booking process for the second cruise.   We received the usual "staying onboard for the next cruise" information several days prior to the second cruise while onboard. All I was/am reporting on was our actual, recent experience.    

Gotta ask: Why would you not have combined those two cruise segments as a single “custom cruise” which would have meant an approx. 5% discount on the total cost of the two individual segments?

The only value of doing consecutive segments separately (which is supposed to require an OK from O) is that higher level (Gold or above) O Club SBC and Spa perks plus Cruise Credits earned (depending on each segment’s length) could be a better deal than making it a custom cruise with a single booking number.

That said, there are occasions when someone wants to double dip by putting two consecutive “extended journeys” together as a custom cruise (single booking number) with an added 5% discount on top of the already discounted extended journeys. That is not allowed. In fact we’ve got two consecutive extended journeys coming up this autumn and they had to be booked separately. Only good part of that was twice the O Club SBC and spa credits.

34 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Gotta ask: Why would you not have combined those two cruise segments as a single “custom cruise” which would have meant an approx. 5% discount on the total cost of the two individual segments?

The only value of doing consecutive segments separately (which is supposed to require an OK from O) is that higher level (Gold or above) O Club SBC and Spa perks plus Cruise Credits earned (depending on each segment’s length) could be a better deal than making it a custom cruise with a single booking number.

That said, there are occasions when someone wants to double dip by putting two consecutive “extended journeys” together as a custom cruise (single booking number) with an added 5% discount on top of the already discounted extended journeys. That is not allowed. In fact we’ve got two consecutive extended journeys coming up this autumn and they had to be booked separately. Only good part of that was twice the O Club SBC and spa credits.

O Club advantages (moved to higher level), plus AMEX OBC on each, plus O Club perks on both cruises.......did the math prior to booking and worked out better for us this time.   They were booked onboard.

• Like 1

If only this topic was relevant to me. So far (cruising since 2008) I have been unable to convince my spouse to agree to book a cruise longer than 14 nights. Since spouse fully retired in mid-2018 I naively thought that restriction would be lifted long ago! 😉

12 minutes ago, CintiPam said:

If only this topic was relevant to me. So far (cruising since 2008) I have been unable to convince my spouse to agree to book a cruise longer than 14 nights. Since spouse fully retired in mid-2018 I naively thought that restriction would be lifted long ago! 😉

Whenever I propose something that DW doesn't want to do, she tells me to wait and do it with my 'next wife' !!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Whenever I propose something that DW doesn't want to do, she tells me to wait and do it with my 'next wife' !!!

I often used that expression in the reverse to say I would go with my “next husband.” However, I got a bit tired of waiting so after only 36 years of marriage in 2011, I travelled to China with my fellow art museum docents. (DH is a political traveler who even back then would not step foot in China.)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CintiPam said:

I often used that expression in the reverse to say I would go with my “next husband.” However, I got a bit tired of waiting so after only 36 years of marriage in 2011, I travelled to China with my fellow art museum docents. (DH is a political traveler who even back then would not step foot in China.)

Sorry we missed you on this year's Riviera cruise – we could have compared 'next spouse' notes.  [But so far DW has acquiesced in all my plans – she even agreed to the 3 days in Saint Petersburg – because I have learned how to prepare the ground and then harvest when the weather is right...]

• Haha 3