Adventure Aft Questions

Looking at 9690/9390 or 9692/9392. The 90’s are corner afts with a door (instead of slider) and porthole. The balcony seems smaller (think it has table, 2chairs and only 1 lounger) and I can’t figure out how covered it is. Love the corners but concerned about balcony size and lack of shade. How do the balcony size, furniture and shade compare with the 92’s?

18 minutes ago, packedandready said:

Looking at 9690/9390 or 9692/9392. The 90’s are corner afts with a door (instead of slider) and porthole. The balcony seems smaller (think it has table, 2chairs and only 1 lounger) and I can’t figure out how covered it is. Love the corners but concerned about balcony size and lack of shade. How do the balcony size, furniture and shade compare with the 92’s?

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/stateroom-details.php?ship=Adventure-of-the-Seas&cabin=9692   https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/stateroom-details.php?ship=Adventure-of-the-Seas&cabin=9690        Pictures and Videos on these...

Edited by ONECRUISER

It's almost not covered at all(not my photo).  We had the corner aft on deck 8 a few years ago and had plenty of sun. That high up, the superstructure does not affect the balconies much. Navigator of the Seas Stateroom 9690 all. 

Edited by MiniChunks

8 hours ago, Missusdubbya said:

9692 had some shade. I loved it!

EF2ADCCB-FDE0-4A0A-8238-20C0CF5177F3.jpeg

Thanks for the picture. We’re wanting more shade than sun and this looks like the top is opened some. Are 9 deck afts not a good choice for shade? We’ve been in 7, 8, and 10 afts which were great, 9 looks different. 

9 minutes ago, packedandready said:

Thanks for the picture. We’re wanting more shade than sun and this looks like the top is opened some. Are 9 deck afts not a good choice for shade? We’ve been in 7, 8, and 10 afts which were great, 9 looks different. 

if booking for 3, look for corners on deck 7 or  10 for  shade............I thought decks 8 and 9  are pretty much  the  same.

Edited by Jimbo

2 hours ago, MiniChunks said:

It's almost not covered at all(not my photo).  We had the corner aft on deck 8 a few years ago and had plenty of sun. That high up, the superstructure does not affect the balconies much. Navigator of the Seas Stateroom 9690 all. 

Thanks for the picture. We’re wanting the shade so this doesn’t look like a good option. Is that a correct assessment?

21 minutes ago, packedandready said:

Yeah, love 7 and 10. Hated when they changed the occupancy booking policy. 

Have to really check but have seen some of these where can Book only 2 or even 1 passenger. This even when Dates were first released, Voyager was most recent but Cabins were filled in couple Days. I travel SOLO, Cabin wasn't available for all 3 my B3B was trying set up so didnt Book it

11 minutes ago, packedandready said:

I’ve thought about that but am afraid they would switch our cabin at the last minute. 

Though if Cheap enough for 3rd dont Cancel and will at least get the Taxes back. Did that for myself few times inc a Brilliance Class Corner Aft Cabin when was Cheaper for 2 Passengers then one even with SOLO Disc. Told my Daughter I Booked her on a 12 nite Cruise with me, that she wasnt/couldn't go with me

Edited by ONECRUISER

11 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Though if Cheap enough for 3rd dont Cancel and will at least get the Taxes back. Did that for myself few times inc a Brilliance Class Corner Aft Cabin when was Cheaper for 2 Passengers then one even with SOLO Disc. Told my Daughter I Booked her on a 12 nite Cruise with me, that she wasnt/couldn't go with me

🤣

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Book for 3 and cancel 3rd passenger just before final payment.

26 minutes ago, packedandready said:

I’ve thought about that but am afraid they would switch our cabin at the last minute. 

We booked for 3 a couple years ago when the 3rd person was only $200. We just had the 3rd person be a no-show. We got taxes and port fees back. It was worth the couple hundred to have the cabins we wanted. Also, it's great to book these during a KSF sale and have the kid be a no-show.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

We booked for 3 a couple years ago when the 3rd person was only $200. We just had the 3rd person be a no-show. We got taxes and port fees back. It was worth the couple hundred to have the cabins we wanted. Also, it's great to book these during a KSF sale and have the kid be a no-show.

Sounds like that is the way I would book it then, put a child in there as the 3rd person and see what the price for the child  under 12 years old would be...........and see if that price is worth having a deck 7 or deck 10 corner.

Edited by Jimbo

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Sounds like that is the way I would book it then, put a child in there as the 3rd person and see what the price for the child  under 12 years old would be...........and see if that price is worth having a deck 7 or deck 10 corner.

Unless there is a special promotion for kids, or a kids sail free thing, the child will pay the same price as an adult 3rd pax.  That has always been our experience.  (The grandkid was a show, not a no-show in our case, so the 3rd pax rate plus fees and port charges was what we paid.)

Edited by foxgoodrich

Just now, foxgoodrich said:

Unless there is a special promotion for kids, or a kids sail free thing, the child will pay the same price as an adult 3rd pax.  That has always been our experience.

Would have to Know OP sailing date to know for sure.

2 hours ago, foxgoodrich said:

Unless there is a special promotion for kids, or a kids sail free thing, the child will pay the same price as an adult 3rd pax.  That has always been our experience.  (The grandkid was a show, not a no-show in our case, so the 3rd pax rate plus fees and port charges was what we paid.)

We've cruised with our kids many times and NEVER have they paid the same fare are the first two adults in the cabin.

Just returned Monday from Adventure in 9690.  It was our first time in the corner, aft balcony. First, there is no cover at all.  There is a steel brace that one could bump one’s head on if tall enough.  Second, it seems a little smaller but full disclosure we never book balconies and only booked this one because it was cheap and we got it during double points.  Third, when we left Cozumel it was pouring rain and we had 25-30 MPH head winds.  It was a very rough ride until about 4AM when things calmed down.  We’ve been in back and front cabins on several cruises and it’s very much different than the middle of the ship.  If you’re sensitive to movement you should pass.  The room itself was fine.  The beds suck, at least to us, but we take blow up cushions no matter the room or even cruise line.  The room steward, Alex, was very attentive and the cabin was always clean and neat when we returned.  

1 hour ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

We've cruised with our kids many times and NEVER have they paid the same fare are the first two adults in the cabin.

That's correct - the fare for 3rd and 4th pax are always less than pax 1 & 2, but it doesn't matter if it's an adult or child.  

I just did a mock booking for an aft balcony (category 5D) on Liberty for Aug 28.  Fare for pax 1 & 2 was $1725 per person plus 134.62 tax, fees, port charges.  Fare for pax 3 was $813 plus 134.62 - it was the same whether I made that 3rd person's age 6, 10, or 30.