Where is she????

kjwinston2019

Would one of you many Cruisers tell me why we do not hear anything about the Eclipse. Last thing I heard it was in San Diego but have never heard anything else. Is it still sailing and waiting for the Spring to do Alaska? I see no reviews or U-Tubes on it. I don’t believe it a “Celebrated” at all. So where is it, does it have a staff?

Is she going to be scaped? I have been on the reflection and love that ship. I know this is a older version of that ship, but why so quiet?

Thanks for letting me know. I am supposed to be sailing on her soon.

49 minutes ago, kjwinston2019 said:

So where is it, does it have a staff?

CD Sue Denning flew out to join her on 25th February, via Tampa, LA & San Diego, but I’ve heard nothing since. She usually posts regularly on her Instagram account.

Edited by upwarduk

Jim is correct.  There were 4 7 day coastal cruises, March to April and they were all cancelled, even the last one that sailed to Vancouver to position her for the Apr 23 cruise to Hawaii which we are booked on.

5 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

Jim is correct.  There were 4 7 day coastal cruises, March to April and they were all cancelled, even the last one that sailed to Vancouver to position her for the Apr 23 cruise to Hawaii which we are booked on.

I think that the new regulations from Canadian on elimination of Testing may be great for you and probably will see some updates from Celebrity soon .     I really like the Hawaii Cruises. 

We are also on the April 23rd Vancouver to Honolulu and then on the return for a lovely relaxing B2B.  We received our first communication from a shoreside concierge last weekend, but no updates as of yet given that the announcement regarding relaxing testing to enter Canada was announced earlier today.  I had been lurking on the forum for Canadian cruisers, so expected the relaxation of entry requirements.

10 minutes ago, dnhill said:

The Eclipse is currently at port in Los Angeles. 

That's a pretty good sign.   Wondering if they are boarding new crew and provisions?     I've been trying to find the scheduled departure but couldn't find it.    You can see her in the background

image.thumb.png.d234d13eef8f1e1c974246c16c385dee.png

49 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

ha and my first thought was Where is Captain Kate?

still those who like Eclipse will like this news.

Now I just can't wait for poor Ovation of the seas to stop sailing around with nothing to do and start up in Alaska.   

Captain Kate is in Saint Nazaire shipyard getting the Beyond ready for her first sailing.   She has been posting regularly on Instagram

image.png.c589bb2af318559d2f02930b524fed9d.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, crobin6 said:

I am sailing on the Beyond in May. I live 1 mile from Capt Kate's home in the US. What is the etiquette on sending a friendly note to the captain? I don't want anything from Celebrity?

To her home?

7 minutes ago, crobin6 said:

I am sailing on the Beyond in May. I live 1 mile from Capt Kate's home in the US. What is the etiquette on sending a friendly note to the captain? I don't want anything from Celebrity?

I believe you are able to leave a message on Instagram.   Whether she answers is a different story.  There were 68 comments on her post that  I added above. 

On 3/18/2022 at 8:35 AM, justhappytobehere said:

Our October 2022 B2B cruises on Eclipse (New Zealand and Australia) have not been cancelled.  I was just checking with my travel agent the other day and was told that Celebrity are still hoping to get the all clear to go there.

This from CC the other day https://www.cruisecritic.com.au/news/6826/

Things are moving pretty rapidly here in NZ. I haven't seen any official announcement on cruising but dates for opening our borders to tourists without having to quarantine have changed rapidly and look set to continue to do so. This is the latest government information https://covid19.govt.nz/international-travel/travel-to-new-zealand/when-new-zealand-borders-open/ 🤞 we should be welcoming the Eclipse this year.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Captain Kate is in Saint Nazaire shipyard getting the Beyond ready for her first sailing.   She has been posting regularly on Instagram

image.png.c589bb2af318559d2f02930b524fed9d.png

oh yes that for the photo.  I mean I knew that but just had share my first thought.  I mean when we use the word SHE, folks kinda think of Kate.

toodles.  I get to do this ship next year

On 3/16/2022 at 8:29 PM, dgoz said:

I'm hoping Eclipse and Solstice did some soft-goods refurbishments and got Craft Social while they were hanging out for 5 months.

Eclipse Revolution was put off until Spring 2021, and Solstice wasn't due for Revolution until late 2021. 

Connie was treated to her partial makeover because the goods were already warehoused for the aborted Rev makeover that was scheduled to occur on 1 May 2020 right after the shutdown happened. 

Given the schedules, the materiel wouldn't have already been purchased for Eclipse and Solstice, and I doubt that X would have subsequently been willing to spend that kind of cash given what happened to their business.

On 3/16/2022 at 4:00 PM, Northern Aurora said:

We are also on the April 23rd Vancouver to Honolulu and then on the return for a lovely relaxing B2B.  We received our first communication from a shoreside concierge last weekend, but no updates as of yet given that the announcement regarding relaxing testing to enter Canada was announced earlier today.  I had been lurking on the forum for Canadian cruisers, so expected the relaxation of entry requirements.

What is a shoreline concierge?