HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL DISCOUNT AGAIN?

suzyed

haven't 'heard' anything , nor received any emails ... but we would most certainly be interested to receive that again, as we were able to take advantage of that on our January REGAL cruise ...

but with cruises beginning to fill up again ??

19 minutes ago, Loucat said:

Did  Princess or any cruise line ever offer discounts to healthcare providers? This is a first hearing of such programs.

Once that I recall during the return to service. but as covid numbers drop I would not expect to see it again.

6 hours ago, voljeep said:

haven't 'heard' anything , nor received any emails ... but we would most certainly be interested to receive that again, as we were able to take advantage of that on our January REGAL cruise ...

but with cruises beginning to fill up again ??

We took advantage of it too.

12 hours ago, Loucat said:

We sailed on Regal in February. Not sure if that discount was offered but did not know about it!

Did Princess send out emails or was it posted on their site, as we missed it for sure.

I actually saw it on Cruise Critic!

18 minutes ago, mpdog42 said:

Do the Cops a discount too?

Not sure on that special but it seems EMTs get discounts all the time.  This was the first I saw that was for Nurses.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2022 at 11:41 PM, Loucat said:

Did  Princess or any cruise line ever offer discounts to healthcare providers? This is a first hearing of such programs.

I think they did but we were told we couldn’t use it as we used our FCC to towards our cruise . That was in the UK you might have been able to use it in The States

6 hours ago, mpdog42 said:

Do the Cops a discount too?

The original military benefits was for military and first responders years ago. Then it was changed to just US and Canadian military.

9 hours ago, suzyed said:

Not sure on that special but it seems EMTs get discounts all the time.  This was the first I saw that was for Nurses.

11/4/2020 - My wife was 'verified' thru SheerID  - believe then it was OBC based on the lenght of the cruise.  We actually just got to take that ( $50 OBC ) on our little 4 day cruise on REGAL end of January, which was booked at the then promotion of Medical Professionals (RN) 50% off cruise fare, which we were actually able to refare a couple of times when prices continued to drop.  Of course that all went back to FCC since that cruise fare was paid 100% with FCC, back when Princess matched 100% of cruise fare paid if not paid in full when they cancelled our cruise.

7 hours ago, Jazzytelly said:

I think they did but we were told we couldn’t use it as we used our FCC to towards our cruise . That was in the UK you might have been able to use it in The States

We booked our cruise using the Healthcare Benefit, and then added FCCs.  Actually Princess added them without us even asking them to do so.  We're in the States, however.

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

11/4/2020 - My wife was 'verified' thru SheerID  - believe then it was OBC based on the lenght of the cruise.  We actually just got to take that ( $50 OBC ) on our little 4 day cruise on REGAL end of January, which was booked at the then promotion of Medical Professionals (RN) 50% off cruise fare, which we were actually able to refare a couple of times when prices continued to drop.  Of course that all went back to FCC since that cruise fare was paid 100% with FCC, back when Princess matched 100% of cruise fare paid if not paid in full when they cancelled our cruise.

I guess I missed that one.
I don't understand your last sentence, however.

1 minute ago, suzyed said:

We booked our cruise using the Healthcare Benefit, and then added FCCs.  Actually Princess added them without us even asking them to do so.  We're in the States, however.

Yes we get our or shall I say my Husband’s military OBC automatically added from Princess 👍, on other lines ( P&O, Cunard) we have to request for each cruise. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jazzytelly said:

Yes we get our or shall I say my Husband’s military OBC automatically added from Princess 👍, on other lines ( P&O, Cunard) we have to request for each cruise. 

This Healthcare benefit was a one and done.  We cannot request it unless they run the promo again.

4 minutes ago, suzyed said:

I guess I missed that one.
I don't understand your last sentence, however.

during one of the 'infamous pauses' Princess was matching cruise fare paid on account if NOT paid in full ... we paid $ 1,000 toward our cruise fare only.  When Princess cancelled, we took the option at that time to 'let it ride' - the $ 1,000 we paid was moved to our account as "refundable FCC" and was matched by Princess with another $ 1,000 FCC that was use it or lose it, book by ____ use by ____.

Not sure of those exact dates, but I do know that all our cruise fare on our 4 day REGAL was paid by that FCC and that all remaining FCC will be used for cruise fare on a November 2022 cruise.

5 minutes ago, voljeep said:

during one of the 'infamous pauses' Princess was matching cruise fare paid on account if NOT paid in full ... we paid $ 1,000 toward our cruise fare only.  When Princess cancelled, we took the option at that time to 'let it ride' - the $ 1,000 we paid was moved to our account as "refundable FCC" and was matched by Princess with another $ 1,000 FCC that was use it or lose it, book by ____ use by ____.

Not sure of those exact dates, but I do know that all our cruise fare on our 4 day REGAL was paid by that FCC and that all remaining FCC will be used for cruise fare on a November 2022 cruise.

Gotcha!

2 hours ago, suzyed said:

This Healthcare benefit was a one and done.  We cannot request it unless they run the promo again.

Right. It was a promotion made in the hopes of getting more bookings at a time of low bookings with the claim it was to reward all the hard work of the health care professionals during the pandemic.