Poll-Carnival You Only Turn 50th Once Sale Bookings

MMfan14

How many fellow cruisers are jumping on this deal? Just booked an 8 day Eastern Caribbean for 2 people in a balcony with gratuities and insurance for $1654.00. Paid $2517.00 for the exact upcoming cruise this year. Couldn't pass this up.

• Like 4

Just did! Crazy good deal! I booked a 7 day cruise for August 2024 (far out) on the brand new Jubilee out of Texas. Family of four in extended balcony deck 14 for $1700. That's insanely good for this type of booking on a brand new to come ship. Whats really strange is I booked this 30 minutes ago and now the sale is gone for this ship and sailing under this promo 10 minutes after booking. It's now $1000 more literally 10 minutes later under regular VIFP number. It was like an error that they caught and took down from the 50th anniversary sale ..... Whew! Haha! 

I was actually getting ready to book 2 cruises thru my normal TA. Had done my research on the rooms I wanted, etc. Was going to get some shop cards back from this TA equal to about $450 total. Decided to do a last minute check on cabin availability thru Carnival Wednesday or Thursday morning and saw this huge sale was on for VIFP members. Immediately called my PVP who I had recently used for another cruise and got the staterooms I wanted and ended up saving over $2500 on the 2 cruises (extended balconies). One was a 7 day on Panorama and the other was a 12 day Baltic Sea on Pride. Since I was doing this with prior FCC's from COVID canceled cruises I was going to end up with over $1100 OBC on the Panorama ($500 left over FCC plus the $600 OBC COVID bonus) and over $2600 OBC (2000 + 600) on the 12 day Baltic. My PVP was actually able to get the excess FCC money charged back to my original credit card so that was really nice.

So the "You Only Turn 50 Once" sale happened at just the right time for us, and I was very lucky to have double checked cabin availability online at Carnival that morning before booking the cruises with my normal TA. They might have caught the new sale, but they also might have missed it also.

• Like 1

This sale doesn't show up for me in our offers - and I've been looking several times a day.  Our kids have a 3 day cruise on hold for May for $100 less than the rates that are available to us.  Seems that's always the case.  We went on Mardi Gras with them last month and they paid less for their deck 17 Spa balcony than we paid for our deck 16 Lido balcony - AND got $500 OBC.  We got nothing but a high priced cruise (but loved it anyway).  😂

It's weird.... My 50th offer had 7 day cruises all the way through August 2024. Now when I look there are no 7 day offers at all and now only through April 2024. All shorter cruises..... Anyone else notice this change now or after booking with this 50th promo? 

• Like 1

It was a great offer while it lasted. I was able to book a 5 night on the Valor for this July  for $1215 total for 4 people, Lido deck balcony.

The same date/sailing/category is now $1912. I noticed that the deal disappeared right after I booked. I wanted to book another, but sadly it was gone. I’m still excited though because I never seem to get good deals under my VIFP number.

9 minutes ago, TravelandLeisure85 said:

It was a great offer while it lasted. I was able to book a 5 night on the Valor for this July  for $1215 total for 4 people, Lido deck balcony.

The same date/sailing/category is now $1912. I noticed that the deal disappeared right after I booked. I wanted to book another, but sadly it was gone. I’m still excited though because I never seem to get good deals under my VIFP number.

Right, weird how not only  the cruises we booked disappeared but other options like I mentioned above. It's not because the cruise I booked on the Jubilee is sold out. All sailings on the Jubilee under the 50th promo are gone for me now. Wonder if others can see any or its removed on an Individual bases. 

1 minute ago, tallnthensome said:

Right, weird how not only  the cruises we booked disappeared but other options like I mentioned above. It's not because the cruise I booked on the Jubilee is sold out. All sailings on the Jubilee under the 50th promo are gone for me now. Wonder if others can see any or its removed on an Individual bases. 

I think it could be an individual thing, as I was never able to see any of the discounted sailings under my husband’s VIFP #.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TravelandLeisure85 said:

I think it could be an individual thing, as I was never able to see any of the discounted sailings under my husband’s VIFP #.

Can you see any offers for the Jubilee under your 50th offer? Just wondering if carnival removed them for everyone with this offer or just me after booking. 

4 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

Can you see any offers for the Jubilee under your 50th offer? Just wondering if carnival removed them for everyone with this offer or just me after booking. 

I think what happens is that once you've used the offer code for a cruise, Carnival removes that code because you have used it. In our case, we used the code once for me and once for my wife. (1 cruise booking each).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

I don't have Jubilee listed under mine. I booked one on the Magic and that ship is no longer showing for me now. Maybe the capacities for the sale prices have been met on a lot of the ships?

• Like 1

Just now, Benbrook said:

I had an extended balcony on the Jubilee booked for January 2024. Two days later the sale came out I was able to rebook at a $980.00 discount. 

I had to cancel and rebook. I had an aft wrap on the Magic and the sale price is $1000 less. They wouldn't let me simply reprice. They said this promo is for new bookings only.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, reeinaz said:

I don't have Jubilee listed under mine. I booked one on the Magic and that ship is no longer showing for me now. Maybe the capacities for the sale prices have been met on a lot of the ships?

It's gotta be .... I can still use the 50th promo after booking but the cruise options and sailing lengths for me have been scaled down to 5 days or less. No more 7 days anywhere  or Jubilee . 

Ran a bunch of numbers and scenarios and this deal, just like the birthday II deal last time, just wasn't the same as the original birthday deals/offers. There are some sailings that are a good deal vs standard rates (mostly 3/4 day short trips), just not irresistible like the original birthday deals/offers. Like the birthday II, this birthday III is a good deal, not a great deal. Really glad I jumped on booking those cruises with the original birthday offers, with combined savings, they are already many thousands higher.

Plus I noticed many excursions have jumped $10 or so. I literally had one I was looking at, opened link in a new window and had a different price in the other window. Folks may want to book those excursions if there is one you have been eyeing. Sailing promos may be slightly higher moving forward also, due to fuel prices. It makes much more sense to juice them in with future bookings than doing fuel surcharges after folks have booked (less tacky). I hadn't booked my excursions and paid a bit more for that, had I booked them earlier, I'd have saved $50 or so.        

• Like 1

I used it to book a cruise on the Mardi Gras for Thanksgiving week... current price is $1200 more than I paid.  Then we decided to book the Horizon for 4th of July week for $1750 for 4 in a balcony... that one is about a thousand more now.  Huge savings for us! I keep thinking about going back for more!

• Like 1

On Wednesday I was able to book a 7 day Panorama for April 2024.  Right after that I was able to book the 4 day Radiance to make it a side by side.  Then the offer disappeared.  On Friday the offer was no longer under my VIFP number so I tried my husband's.  I was so excited to see he had the Pride's 12 day European for May 2023 and booked it immediately.  Saved $1800.  I already had the Norway one after it booked so now have a back to back.  I even got the same cabin number.  The funny thing is we have not yet sailed on Carnival.  Our first sailing is tomorrow so we better like it.

2 hours ago, cruisemom2 said:

This sale doesn't show up for me in our offers - and I've been looking several times a day.  Our kids have a 3 day cruise on hold for May for $100 less than the rates that are available to us.  Seems that's always the case.  We went on Mardi Gras with them last month and they paid less for their deck 17 Spa balcony than we paid for our deck 16 Lido balcony - AND got $500 OBC.  We got nothing but a high priced cruise (but loved it anyway).  😂

I have the offer but for instance it's only good one one sailing of jubilee. Nov 26. If it was good almost any date in 2024 I'd so jump on it. I have dream in dec but any other date. 

Not good on any of the 14 day cruises out of Galveston. 

Cant find anything ..not driving 6 hours for a 4 or 5 day.. I'd love some other dates or cruise but seems like they allotted only a few cabins which got booked before I got wifi. Darn it. But I have it .. just doesnt apply to many sailings. Very limited.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I have the offer but for instance it's only good one one sailing of jubilee. Nov 26. If it was good almost any date in 2024 I'd so jump on it. I have dream in dec but any other date. 

I'm not sure why you wouldn't have the August 2024 Jubilee like I did. It's not like the cruise is sold out. Tons of cabins available when booking outside the 50th promo. Weird what's available and not and for how many days to individuals. Some booked two seven days while I was able to book one seven day and only offered 5 day or less sailings after that under the promo.

1 minute ago, cltcruiser said:

So here is a stupid question. How are you guys seeing these offers and which specific sailings they are good for?

Did you get the 50th celebration promo email or is it available under your offers on your profile online? If not, it may not have been extended to you.