Choosing an aft balcony cabin on Jewel OTS

2 hours ago, craig01020 said:

Does anyone have an aft balcony cabin they would recommend on Jewel of the Seas? Thanks.

Love aft cabins. Have 9660 on b2b cruises later this month for 20 nts.  On Brilliance,  a sister ship, we had 8672 and our drive had 8172.  We had our balcony dividers opened to connect the balconies.  All good choices.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, craig01020 said:

Does anyone have an aft balcony cabin they would recommend on Jewel of the Seas? Thanks.

Of course I'm going to say the #1100 JS. we've also had #1602.

And # 9256 was great also. I would say that any true afts on deck 10 or 9 are good options.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Love aft cabins. Have 9660 on b2b cruises later this month for 20 nts.  On Brilliance,  a sister ship, we had 8672 and our drive had 8172.  We had our balcony dividers opened to connect the balconies.  All good choices.

Interesting I didn't think the true aft balcony dividers could open...thanks.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BobH5849 said:

We had 7676. and it was great.  Larger balcony and the room was a bit larger.  Would book again.

We are in that cabin in June for the Greek Isles on Brilliance. 

Any noise from the lounge below?

Thanks

Edited by MizT

9 hours ago, Ashland said:

Of course I'm going to say the #1100 JS. we've also had #1602.

And # 9256 was great also. I would say that any true afts on deck 10 or 9 are good options.

We will have 1604 come Saturday for 8 nights....can't wait!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, njkruzer said:

12 hours ago, Ashland said:

Interesting I didn't think the true aft balcony dividers could open...thanks.

I feel the same as Ashland, I didn't think aft dividers could be opened. njkruzer, would you please confirm it was aft dividers that you had opened? 

• Like 1

Any aft-facing cabin is good, and on the corner aft cabins the higher up you go the larger the balcony becomes. The corner aft cabins have the largest balconies.

1100 and 1602 are Junior Suites, and 1600 is a Grand Suite.

RadianceAftViewcabinsws.jpg

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I feel the same as Ashland, I didn't think aft dividers could be opened. njkruzer, would you please confirm it was aft dividers that you had opened? 

Some can and some can't. If you look at Orville's pic, you can see the support divider between 1102 and 1104, as well as between 1604 and 1602. Those run all the way down and can't be removed. However, all of the rest of the dividers are not supports and can be removed.

43 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Dh says you're right and I'm wrong!  I can dream.

53 minutes ago, Scottee25 said:

Some can and some can't. If you look at Orville's pic, you can see the support divider between 1102 and 1104, as well as between 1604 and 1602. Those run all the way down and can't be removed. However, all of the rest of the dividers are not supports and can be removed.

We have sailed in 1100 on numerous occasions, and the divider between 1100 and 1102 cannot be opened (although it doesn't extend all the way to the railing so I suppose a skinny kid could squeeze through the opening}. If you look you can see that the divider between 1102 and 1104 is a solid wall. There are no openable dividers anywhere on the aft facing cabins.

DSC00346.JPG

DSC00347.JPG

DSC00348.JPG

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

Any aft-facing cabin is good, and on the corner aft cabins the higher up you go the larger the balcony becomes. The corner aft cabins have the largest balconies.

1100 and 1602 are Junior Suites, and 1600 is a Grand Suite.

RadianceAftViewcabinsws.jpg

This is my favorite picture. I wish there was a site that we could see this for all the RCI ships. Any one feeling like doing this ???? Come on now...put your skills to work !!!!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, orville99 said:

We have sailed in 1100 on numerous occasions, and the divider between 1100 and 1102 cannot be opened (although it doesn't extend all the way to the railing so I suppose a skinny kid could squeeze through the opening}. If you look you can see that the divider between 1102 and 1104 is a solid wall. There are no openable dividers anywhere on the aft facing cabins.

DSC00346.JPG

DSC00347.JPG

DSC00348.JPG

Bingo...a winner....I didn't think so !!!!

21 minutes ago, Ashland said:

This is my favorite picture. I wish there was a site that we could see this for all the RCI ships. Any one feeling like doing this ???? Come on now...put your skills to work !!!!

9256 on twin sister Radiance.  Will this do?  😉 

WP_000119.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Don't book 9256...it's just awful...awful.  😮   (Save it for me).  😉 

You had me going there for a minute. We have that cabin booked next January,

and our friends are in 9258. We had a hump balcony last time and wasn’t impressed

1 hour ago, crzerhiker said:

You had me going there for a minute. We have that cabin booked next January,

and our friends are in 9258. We had a hump balcony last time and wasn’t impressed

It's our favorite cabin for calmer seas, especially inland passage to Alaska and back.  We had it for Australia and to do the NZ fiords that was just cancelled.  😞  Huge aft wrap balcony...great for viewing both sides of the passageway.  🥰

Not a fan of the aft cabin location on the smaller ships in rough sea areas though.  (Think "see-saw" action).  

We usually do a JS and above on other ships, but not a fan of JS 1100 just above 9256 due to outdoor WJ area.  "Outside" voices and lots of chair scraping and cleaning just over 1100.  Prefer one deck insulation to public decks...but that's just me.  Many love it.